PDA

View Full Version : LS9 Camaro.. Seriously

Knipps
01-09-2009, 01:32 AM
But it'll run you more than a ZR1? :lol:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/08/hennessey-hpe700-bastard-love-child-of-camaro-ss-and-corvette-z/

HENNESSEY PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING ANNOUNCES LIMITED EDITION 705 HP LS9 POWERPLANT FOR THE 2010 CAMARO

Extreme Performance Makeover Transforms the 2010 Camaro from Muscle Car to Super Car!

SEALY, TX – Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE), well known for their extreme performance sports cars and muscle cars, announces their Limited Edition 2010 HPE700 Camaro.

At the heart of the beast is GM's new LS9 supercharged V8 tweaked as only HPE could to 705 horsepower and 717 lb-ft torque. To qualify as a supercar under the HPE banner it can't just go, it has to whoa. With optional 15 inch carbon brakes from the stunning new Corvette ZR1, light weight HRE wheels with Michelin PS2 tires and full suspension upgrades the HPE700 Camaro will be able to make full use of its new found power.

In addition to the power and handling upgrades., Hennessey will also be offering an exterior aerodynamics package to improve downforce at high speed. Penned by British designer, Steve Everitt, Hennessey's Cam-Aero ™ body upgrades include: Carbon fiber rear lip spoiler, carbon fiber side rocker panels, carbon fiber front splitter, front fascia with hideaway-look headlights and front billet grille. Completing the look of the HPE700 is a ZR1 inspired hood design with window showing off the Hennessey's tweaked LS9 powerplant.

"The HPE700 Camaro allows our customers to combine supercar power and performance with classic American muscle car looks in a modern, daily-drive usable sportscar with a backseat and a trunk!," said John Hennessey, President and CEO of Hennessey Performance Engineering. "We will be announcing other Hennessey turnkey vehicle packages for the 2010 Camaro in the near future along with an extensive list of aftermarket performance parts and accessories. But for now, the LS9-powered HPE700 Camaro, replete with ZR1 inspired looks and performance promises to be at the top of the American muscle car food chain later in 2009.

HPE700 buyers will also receive a 1-day performance driving course at Lonestar Motorsports Park – a ¼ mile dragstrip facility located adjacent to Hennessey's 24,000 square foot production facility and showroom.

Hennessey is offering the first HPE700 Camaros exclusively to registered bidders at the 2009 Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ. Orders can be placed at the Hennessey display at the show or by phone or email beginning Tuesday, January 13 through Sunday, January 18, 2009. On Monday, January 19, 2009 the HPE700 Camaro will be available to the general public and can be ordered from select Chevrolet dealers as well as directly from Hennessey Performance Engineering.

Base price for the 2010 HPE700 Camaro is $109,500.

Located just west of Houston Texas at the Lonestar Motorsports Park complex, HPE has been building American supercars for nearly two decades with its Veyron-beating Venom Vipers, Ford GT's and recently released Dodge Challengers.

Jersyboyy
01-09-2009, 02:19 AM
PUKE on hennessy. Seriously thats ridiculous

12secondv6
01-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Poor camaro..... gonna see the below picture updated soon
http://sportscarforums.com/gallery/data/39/hennesscrewed.jpg

Jersyboyy
01-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Poor camaro..... gonna see the below picture updated soon
http://sportscarforums.com/gallery/data/39/hennesscrewed.jpg

So i just finished staying up ALL NIGHT reading hundreds of pages of posts from various forums including this one that talks about Hennessey motor sports (http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/21978-efool-gets-punked-his-own-board-22.html)

John hennessey himself in that forum a few years back completely destroys his own reputation! 35 pages long and I read it all it was very interesting

Then doing some research for modern post I found another site back in august of 08 he posted up pics of his whole facility and then a few jokes of his old problems began and he pmed the people with threats.

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW HE IS STILL IN BUSINESS AND GETTING SUCH RECOGNITION!!

Mark B
01-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Was that the guy who let one of his employees take out a customers vette and wreck it? Then he refused to fix it. Am I right? Or was that someone else?

lastcall190
01-09-2009, 06:19 AM
That was CAM in NC from what I read.

As soon as I read in the first few lines that it was Hennessey doing the LS9 Camaro I just stopped reading. I'd rather ooh and ahh over a GMPP test mule that's not available to the public hahah

-J

bubba428
01-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Lingenfelter FTMFW

Frosty
01-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Lingenfelter FTMFW

RIP :(

Blacdout96
01-09-2009, 07:56 AM
I think one of Mr. H's problems is that he doesnt build any of the parts in house, they are all outsourced to another company, which can take a while if they are making things like Titanium connecting rods. Thats one of his major flaws, and should be more productive in trying to set up his own R&D and producing it there, not only that but it would become a tax write off, especially if you see a pattern of being behind schedule with cars. Still though even if your always behind, at least make sure you update people on a weekly basis to allow them to understand your dilema, but at the same time you should either start building your own stuff, or extend your due dates to people.

None the less, his form of professionalism on that board makes me wonder if that is really him, an associate, or just some person using his name and talking like him, I just cant see someone who buiilt a reputation in the field come online and splurge like that, knowing writing stuff on the internet stays on teh internet, its not just word of mouth he say she say, its word for word. Now I will also say that seeing what he charges for such jobs, A. I can't believe people actually pay that much for upgrades and B. after hearing such stories, that he's still in business. I would love to work in a shop like that, and getting such cars to move quickly in and out of there. I cant see a viper just sitting there and collecting dust for almost a year without being touched, its gotta be in the back of his mind that hey, theres a customers $80,000, and payed 142,500 for mods, maybe I should finish it up.

His prices are out ragious, and in the end, it would be smarter to just buy a V6 or V8 Camaro coming out, get a crate LS9, have it tuned locally, and have a good chance of making numbers higher then what Hennessey produced, and payed a fraction of the cost. Remember, the cost of the vehicle is not included in the cost of his upgrade!! I'd rant more, but ill let your eyes take a break.

Mike
01-09-2009, 10:26 AM
i think his big problem was selling parts off customers cars without their knowledge.....

jin1481
01-09-2009, 12:55 PM
http://jalopnik.com/5127007/2010-hennessey-camaro-boasts-705-hp-credentials-109000-price-tag

The special edition muscle car war is in full swing again.

sweetbmxrider
01-09-2009, 02:28 PM
**** hennessey. lingenfelter please.

SteveR
01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
doesnt hennessey make alcohol :lol:

BonzoHansen
01-09-2009, 03:15 PM
**** hennessey. lingenfelter please.

He died. :cry:

WildBillyT
01-09-2009, 03:35 PM
doesnt hennessey make alcohol :lol:

I'll drink up all the Hennessey you got on your shelf. Just first let me introduce myself.

BigAls87Z28
01-09-2009, 05:15 PM
The idea is great, the wrong company.
Ling is still around, but yes...RIP.