PDA

View Full Version : Any reason why you guys dont have the delete post option..

MonmouthCtyAntz
01-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Some of these sections that arent so busy have posts that have been up there for mths.

sweetbmxrider
01-18-2009, 09:03 AM
so instead of the same things being asked over and over, people might search for their topic first. i think.

Knipps
01-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Why would they be deleted? :scratch:

PolarBear
01-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Go into UserCp then Edit options and Default Thread Age Cut Off to what ever you dont want to see for old posts

MonmouthCtyAntz
01-18-2009, 02:32 PM
so instead of the same things being asked over and over, people might search for their topic first. i think.

Yea I guess but it gets annoying when u ask a question and get 50 of the same answers :lol: . When i make a post in tech and get the answer I usually delete the post.

Knipps
01-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Yea I guess but it gets annoying when u ask a question and get 50 of the same answers :lol: . When i make a post in tech and get the answer I usually delete the post.

you asked the question, get ready for answers :lol:

MonmouthCtyAntz
01-18-2009, 02:45 PM
you asked the question, get ready for answers :lol:

Well I havent here from the admin. yet in this post. :lol:

NJSPEEDER
01-18-2009, 03:46 PM

Why delete the post? Then all you are doing is wasting everyone else's time by denying anyone attempting to learn on their own of the answer.

It's not like we are hurting for storage or anything, leave the questions and answers there.

MonmouthCtyAntz
01-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Why delete the post? Then all you are doing is wasting everyone else's time by denying anyone attempting to learn on their own of the answer.

It's not like we are hurting for storage or anything, leave the questions and answers there.

Yea thats fine w/ a board w/ alot of volume like tech but this board in some sections nothing moves. O well..

PolarBear
01-19-2009, 08:59 AM
O well..

What do you mean O well..... I told you how to fix it if you dont like the old posts. It is basically the same as "delete" except if someone uses the search they can find the info they are looking for, except when people intentionally spell words wrong :roll:

MonmouthCtyAntz
01-19-2009, 09:22 AM
What do you mean O well..... I told you how to fix it if you dont like the old posts. It is basically the same as "delete" except if someone uses the search they can find the info they are looking for, except when people intentionally spell words wrong :roll:
Thx, got you the 1st time...

NJSPEEDER
01-21-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't know if you have ever searched for info on Tech, but with their volume it is getting increasingly difficult to find the answer you are looking for unless you stumble across the exact key word combination. On a board like ours, information can be much more readily found through search, so please leave your posts and threads intact for others to take advantage of.

We are no where near the limits of our storage and a few more posts here and there will never hurt us. Thanks

sweetbmxrider
01-21-2009, 06:37 PM
We are no where near the limits of our storage and a few more posts here and there will never hurt us. Thanks

:orlyflag:

Tru2Chevy
01-21-2009, 06:45 PM
O RLY

He is referring to actual technical posts....not the usual Thread Ruiner crap :mrgreen:

- Justin

MonmouthCtyAntz
01-21-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't know if you have ever searched for info on Tech, but with their volume it is getting increasingly difficult to find the answer you are looking for unless you stumble across the exact key word combination. On a board like ours, information can be much more readily found through search, so please leave your posts and threads intact for others to take advantage of.

Funny you should say that, I have been having a hard time finding simple answers on tech.. You made your point :)

sweetbmxrider
01-21-2009, 06:56 PM
haha i just did too and it sucks! i think they use a google style search engine with things like quotation marks indicating exact full phrase search and such

Knipps
01-21-2009, 07:04 PM
haha i just did too and it sucks! i think they use a google style search engine with things like quotation marks indicating exact full phrase search and such

that's how most search engines work :shrug:

sweetbmxrider
01-21-2009, 08:35 PM
\earned that stuff from google. i associate everything i learn from google to have originated there. or something.

PolarBear
01-21-2009, 08:36 PM
:dancinglock:

NJSPEEDER
01-21-2009, 11:32 PM

The problem on sites ike tech is that so many questions and answershave been given so many times that evry key word comes up many many times and it is up to you to filter through and find th eright answer. It isn't their fault, just a side effect of being so popular.

We will make our best effort to continue to provide accurate and easy to find answers to all of your tech questions.