PDA

View Full Version : So does this mean I can be a mod now?

Tsar
02-03-2009, 08:11 PM
With the recent shenanigans and me being f-bodyless soon does this mean I qualify? :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, can we get "other cars" section like many other car forums. I can volunteer to mod it :nod:

sweetbmxrider
02-03-2009, 08:28 PM
i vote yes to mod and no to separation :D

Mike
02-03-2009, 08:29 PM
i vote yes to mod and no to separation :D

similar to our country's system, your vote means ****

BonzoHansen
02-03-2009, 08:54 PM
With the recent shenanigans and me being f-bodyless soon does this mean I qualify? :mrgreen:
To get back top the OP, you can apply to be a mod. There is a $45 fee, and if we turn it down you don't get your money back. We just make you a "friend" of all the mods and admins.

:nod:

Mike
02-03-2009, 08:58 PM
at least you get a cool shirt with a logo representing scotts family

Tsar
02-03-2009, 09:02 PM
To get back top the OP, you can apply to be a mod. There is a $45 fee, and if we turn it down you don't get your money back. We just make you a "friend" of all the mods and admins.

:nod:
What about the "other cars" section :lol:

P.S. I thought my thread got deleted. Ive never been in this section!

bubba428
02-03-2009, 09:09 PM
I have a Cavi, and a G body...does that mean I get my own site?

BonzoHansen
02-03-2009, 09:09 PM
No.

Tru2Chevy
02-03-2009, 09:10 PM
What are you thinking about when you say you want an "Other Cars" section? Tech forums, just a place to BS?

This has been talked about in the past, but we never saw much demand for it so we didn't give it any real consideration.

- Justin

Mike
02-03-2009, 09:10 PM
I have a Cavi, and a G body...does that mean I get my own site?

sure, make a site and hang out on it

Mike
02-03-2009, 09:12 PM
What are you thinking about when you say you want an "Other Cars" section? Tech forums, just a place to BS?

This has been talked about in the past, but we never saw much demand for it so we didn't give it any real consideration.

- Justin

a place where you can post questions, pictures or updates on your non fbody or non American car without getting flamed like kelsey did when she bought the civic, or like i did when i bought mine.. there are enough people here with expertise that we shouldn't have to go to other places for info, but there are also too many morons hijacking threads

LTb1ow
02-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Wouldn't that kinda stuff fall into "General Tech"?

bubba428
02-03-2009, 09:14 PM
a place where you can post questions, pictures or updates on your non fbody or non American car without getting flamed like kelsey did when she bought the civic, or like i did when i bought mine.. there are enough people here with expertise that we shouldn't have to go to other places for info, but there are also too many morons hijacking threads

agreed...

sweetbmxrider
02-03-2009, 09:15 PM
people seem to ask for advice on other cars all of the time without a problem. you get flamed for buying an import, not asking tech about it. besides, its all in good fun. does bitching in threads qualify as hijacking? if not, i might change my ways...

Mike
02-03-2009, 09:17 PM
people seem to ask for advice on other cars all of the time without a problem. you get flamed for buying an import, not asking tech about it. besides, its all in good fun.

its actually retarded. and creating a thread for tech help means people post "shoulda bought a chevy" or "thats never happened to my cobalt" instead of answering your question

Tsar
02-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks for saving me the typing.

Such as supra forums, they have dedicated "other cars" forum - it's not anything goes forum it's just where you talk about other cars besides supras (F bodies in our case). Anything from miatas to Lambo's. It's pretty heavily moderated, just like other sections besides OT.

Seemed like a good idea, so I asked :shrug:

LTb1ow
02-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Maybe a sub forum in general tech?

bubba428
02-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Wouldn't that kinda stuff fall into "General Tech"?

not really...he's talking about a more specific in depth forum...I think

It wouldn't be a bad idea to add a few sub-forums in what already exists.
for example my 4link thread could be in the Chassis section under a G-body sub forum being theres a few A/G body owners on here. there could be say a a/g-body, J body, Y body, European Import, Eastern Import, and what ever else as a sub-forum and teave the main psge of that section for F-bodies. Do that for every tech section. It would also give the site a wider general appeal to the NJ car community

LTb1ow
02-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Yea but is there enough tech support to justify a whole new forum?

Tsar
02-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Um...European import and any other car would qualify for "other cars" since this is a site for F bodies after all.

sweetbmxrider
02-03-2009, 09:23 PM
its actually retarded. and creating a thread for tech help means people post "shoulda bought a chevy" or "thats never happened to my cobalt" instead of answering your question

yeah i guess but we could just ban bigal instead :shrug:

chevys are pieces and break all the time just like every other piece of car out there. i mean they started the bail out so obviously they suck. the mentality is relative to the club, but i think its mostly kidding. i mean you can go in the autox forums and they get the same crap where people are like oh i just go in a straight line, which is fine, but not necessary. if this place becomes heavily modded, it will loose its character and appeal IMO

i'm all for club expansion though, maybe a broader general tech that covered everything would be nice while still having an exclusive f-body general tech.

bubba428
02-03-2009, 09:25 PM
no but there is for sub-forums. Like I said it will also give the site something for non-Fbody guys to look at. help get more members

NJSPEEDER
02-03-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.mtvasia.com/Onair/Shows/PimpMyRide/images/PimpMyRide.jpg

I herd joo was into carz so I put a car club inside yo car club!!!

Tsar
Yea but is there enough tech support to justify a whole new forum?
Its not just about tech, its about what ever you want that has to do with Z06's, MR2's, Viper's, Si's, VW's, whatever...it all goes in there... wanna talk about sweet seat covers for your vw beetle? well good for you! at the same time it won't clutter up other space.

Mike
yeah i guess but we could just ban bigal instead :shrug:

chevys are pieces and break all the time just like every other piece of car out there. i mean they started the bail out so obviously they suck. the mentality is relative to the club, but i think its mostly kidding. i mean you can go in the autox forums and they get the same crap where people are like oh i just go in a straight line, which is fine, but not necessary. if this place becomes heavily modded, it will loose its character and appeal IMO

i'm all for club expansion though, maybe a broader general tech that covered everything would be nice while still having an exclusive f-body general tech.

it was definitely not al. thats all ill say

bubba428
02-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Um...European import and any other car would qualify for "other cars" since this is a site for F bodies after all.

yea...but instead of just an "other cars" why not have more specific sub forums? make it easier to search

NJSPEEDER
02-03-2009, 09:28 PM
no but there is for sub-forums. Like I said it will also give the site something for non-Fbody guys to look at. help get more members

The tech forums say nothing about being f-body specific and people already use them for other car tech all the time. No need to add the redundancy.

Mike
02-03-2009, 09:28 PM
there wont be enough traffic to have to search its not like there will be hundreds of pages of how to change the oil on your 1989 ferrari

BonzoHansen
02-03-2009, 09:29 PM
It would also give the site a wider general appeal to the NJ car community
But we are an F-Body site, not an any car site. We don't necessarily want to "appeal to the NJ car community".

LTb1ow
I think you would have better luck with tougher moderation of threads involving non fbod tech.

sweetbmxrider
start out with a broad forum then narrow it down if it sees the traffic

Tsar
http://www.mtvasia.com/Onair/Shows/PimpMyRide/images/PimpMyRide.jpg

I herd joo was into carz so I put a car club inside yo car club!!!
fail....

BonzoHansen
02-03-2009, 09:30 PM
We try to smack down garbage in the tech area as it is now.

Tru2Chevy
02-03-2009, 09:30 PM
yea...but instead of just an "other cars" why not have more specific sub forums? make it easier to search

Because this is an F-Body club. We don't need a forum that has specific sections for 10 other types of cars just to keep every last person happy.

- Justin

Tsar
02-03-2009, 09:31 PM
But we are an F-Body site, not an any car site. We don't necessarily want to "appeal to the NJ car community".
Many of the current members don't really own Fbodies. :shrug:

BonzoHansen
02-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Many of the current members don't really own Fbodies. :shrug:

That is a different conversation.

NJSPEEDER
02-03-2009, 09:33 PM
So? That doesn't mean they aren't welcome.

We are an F-body club. That is our focus, we aren't a general car club that is designed to have every answer for every owner of every kind of car you can think of.

Tsar
Because this is an F-Body club. We don't need a forum that has specific sections for 10 other types of cars just to keep every last person happy.

- Justin
Don't listen to bubba, he was never the bright one, we are talking about one specific subforum for all other cars be it a Z06, MR2, Viper, Si, Beetle, Charger, TBSS ... yea w/e you can think of. :shrug:

sweetbmxrider
so lets kick em out! or lock them in the lounge!

Tru2Chevy
02-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Don't listen to bubba, he was never the bright one, we are talking about one specific subforum for all other cars be it a Z06, MR2, Viper, Si, Beetle, Charger, TBSS ... yea w/e you can think of. :shrug:

Yes, I know that what's he's asking for and what you are asking for are two completely different things....that's why I quoted him.

- Justin

LTb1ow
so lets kick em out! or lock them in the lounge!

I think that would anger many people.

Mike
doooo eeeet

sweetbmxrider
02-03-2009, 09:35 PM
and?

Tsar
02-03-2009, 09:36 PM
and...the thread goes down the ****ter, again...

Mike
02-03-2009, 09:36 PM
you two realize you would be on many peoples kick em out list? be careful what you wish for

NJSPEEDER
02-03-2009, 09:39 PM
I think this has gone about far enough.

The tech forums are open to everyone's questions. We have not treated them as f-body specific and we don't intend to start. There simply isn't enough traffic to justify another forum.

The club is open to all owners, friends, and fans of the GM F-body platform.