PDA

View Full Version : NJFBOA @ NJMP part 2

EchoMirage
03-04-2009, 11:01 AM
i talked to someone at Driving Impressions about having a group at NJMP this year. im putting this out as a feeler to see how many people are still very interested in making a track day. last time there was about 30+ people signed up. im sure not everyone would show, but i think there were at least 10 or more people 100% into it. this wouldnt be an f-body only event. what DI does it put out track days for everyone, with instruction, classtime, etc. this even WILL HAPPEN, barring any other unforseen catastrophies. this is a big company, been around for quite a few years and are reliable. they have 2 dates at the end of March, but personally i think thats too early with too little advance notice for most people here. the date i was looking at is August 10, monday. this is more then enough time for everyone to get ready. they have a few dates at Pocono also, but i figured NJMP is somewhat more local then Pocono.

AUGUST 10, MONDAY
LIGHTNING COURSE
Lightning is the smaller, tighter course. probably a little safer for 1st timers. we can always have another day at thunderbolt.

PRICE: $349 for first time drivers. what they consider a first time driver is anyone who has never been on a road course before. this would probably include 95% of us signing up. their 1st time program would include a classroom session, then instructor ride-alongs, then follow the leader, where you drive alone, but follow an instructor so you can physically see which line to take, how the car acts in the line, etc.

GROUP DISCOUNT: if we get 7-12 divers, we get one free driver. this can be rolled into the price, meaning if we have 10 drivers, we'd be charged for 9 instead. so instead of a total of $3490 @ $349 ea, it would be $3141 @ $314.10 ea. there are 2 free drivers if we get above 12, but we'll worry about that at a later date.

RULES: same as before. helmet, long pants/sleeves, shoes. rollbar for convertables, top down. t-tops may or may not have to be out, he will classify later. no SUVs. hes getting final word on pick-ups, but i wouldnt count on it. depending on the number of people in the day - us including anyone else - they may have 2 or 3 run groups. 2 groups would be a 30min on track/30min off track deal. 3 groups would probably be 30min on/hour off.

hes giving me more information, and ill be receiving some things in the mail to get a better idea of what we're looking at. id like everyone interested to post up so we can get an idea of how many people will come. as time gets closer, i think collecting a $100 deposit to show youre definetely coming isnt out of the question.

im doing this myself because i REALLY want this to happen. anyone who followed the thread about my 'team' in the e-town enduro race knows im serious about racing, and hold up my end of the deal. im also laid off, and have plenty of time to set this up throughout the day. if anyone else want to help in the planning/setup, feel free.

Mike
03-04-2009, 11:24 AM
well i still would be in, but im still out

NJSPEEDER
03-04-2009, 12:28 PM
I know I wouldn't be able to make it. The 2009 East Coast Nats are slated for August 9th. After being at Island all weekend I doubt I will have teh energy to get up early enough to make it all the way down to Millville.

BonzoHansen
03-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Good job on this

sweetbmxrider
03-04-2009, 02:42 PM
i will post as being interested. would i need a valid license to run around the track? thanks for doing this.

Jensend
03-04-2009, 04:20 PM
August 10th won't work for me as I have prior obligations that can't be changed. Would really like a day at NJMP if it was a date that I could make. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case something changes.

The Bayshore Corvair Club always rents the North Course at Pocono for a day each fall. The event usually has open registration and is usually under $200 for the day in case anyone wants to try out Pocono. No, I'm not affiliated with the BCC. I ran at one of their Pocono events a few years back and had a good time. They still send me event fliers each year.

EchoMirage
03-04-2009, 05:17 PM
i will post as being interested. would i need a valid license to run around the track? thanks for doing this.

license as in drivers license? i would think so, but ill double check.

sweetbmxrider
03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
license as in drivers license? i would think so, but ill double check.

yes, driver's license. the car is registered and insured, the driver just sucks at life. tim was looking into it when the club was organizing the day, never gave me a definite answer as far as i know. i appreciate it! 8-)

1QWIKBIRD
03-04-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm interested and I'll keep a watch on this thread. After the other date fell through I decided to put that money towards Evo school Phase 1 and Phase 2, but we'll see. As the date draws closer I'll have a better idea. The one track day I have done was at the Lightning Course and its a lot of fun. Especially blasting down the front straight and then going up the hill and over the crest into a blind right hander, that'll keep ya honest.

The facilities are very nice and there is plenty of paddock space.

red97z
03-05-2009, 09:36 AM
I'd be interested as well, I'd just feel more comfortable seeing more interest from other people first before giving my deposit. My car should have coilovers and pfadt sway's by then.

EchoMirage
03-05-2009, 04:02 PM
theres a decided lack of interest this time around for some reason

sweetbmxrider
03-05-2009, 04:05 PM
its only been a day now. i'll spread the word some.

Mike
03-05-2009, 05:07 PM
its also potentially a 100 dollars higher in price than tims original thread. i would love to be interested, but no one will let me drive my truck

EchoMirage
03-05-2009, 08:12 PM
tims price was never set in stone. with the execption of e-town, any track you go to will be around 300, give or take.

Kat
03-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Possibly... We'll see if I put a bar in the car by then

TaKid455
03-05-2009, 10:57 PM
would like to see if the view t top cars the same as converts. i have asked around, but never received a solid answer.

PolarBear
03-05-2009, 11:03 PM
You gotta give it more than a day :rollseye: I would probably be in again as my friend that posted I just would have to doublt check the day with him

EchoMirage
03-06-2009, 07:40 AM
would like to see if the view t top cars the same as converts. i have asked around, but never received a solid answer.

they dont. the only differance is they may or may not require taking the tops out, as they wouldnt want glass on the track if you got into an accident. they may allow plexiglass tops, if you have them. either way, you will definetely NOT need a bar, hoop, or anything to run with a t-top; thats a fact.

yanniotis
03-06-2009, 03:29 PM
I would be interested in going if I can bring my Lightning. GTA no where near being ready. Lightning should be road course ready by then.

Mike
03-07-2009, 06:37 PM
I would be interested in going if I can bring my Lightning. GTA no where near being ready. Lightning should be road course ready by then.

nope

EchoMirage
03-11-2009, 04:51 PM
been a week......still no interest. they have other dates available, if that matters to anyone.

May 5, monday
June 12, friday

do they interest anyone or is this entire idea a ****ing wash.

no pick ups either, got the final word.

sweetbmxrider
03-11-2009, 04:57 PM
do i need a license?

PolarBear
03-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Ill let my friend know to post in the thread

EchoMirage
03-12-2009, 07:36 AM
i asked about the license, ill post when i hear

sweetbmxrider
03-12-2009, 03:08 PM
thank you

EchoMirage
03-16-2009, 03:08 PM
his exact words were - not "required". whatever that means.

sweetbmxrider
03-16-2009, 03:30 PM
i guess that means i'm in?

EchoMirage
03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
could be

Blacdout96
04-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Any updates on this? I'm more relaxed knowing this will be at the end ofthe summer, which should be just in time for the Camaro to be dialed in for a few laps there.

EchoMirage
04-12-2009, 05:39 PM
waiting on people to decide if theyre 100% in or not. there certainly isnt the same interest in it this time as there was in the other thread.