PDA

View Full Version : Membership @ Etown road course

EchoMirage
03-23-2009, 05:27 PM
englishtown is thinking about starting a membership to their road course. it will cost $1000 and cover 2 years, including 10 free track days per year. that equals to 20 $50 track days in 2yrs. after 2yrs, itll be another $1K, and another 10 days per year. no where else can you find that much track time for that little of cost.

from the blatent lack of interest in road roacing here, im sure no one will care about it, but im putting it up regardless. if people want a true, world-class track at etown, then they have to support the track from the beginning; thereby letting it gain money and grow into repaving, permanent facilities, expansion, etc.

post up if youre interested and ill forward the contact info when the time comes, IF it comes at all.

NJSPEEDER
03-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Very interesting. 20 sessions is a lot of seat time for $1000

Is it going to be a one time payment or will they have a deposit + payments plan? Only been back to work for a few weeks, I may be interested but money is still tight from the involuntary vacation.

sweetbmxrider
03-23-2009, 08:41 PM
so it includes 20 free track days. what does that mean exactly? also, what else comes with the membership? some more explanation would help my slow mind. i am interested, but that is expensive and i currently don't drive so i guess i am kicking tires. i would love to get into road racing though.

NJSPEEDER
03-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Think of it this way, a cheap single day track event is $250, a typical one is $350. So only paying $1000 for 20 track days is a smokin deal.

sweetbmxrider
03-23-2009, 09:16 PM
yeah but he said included. does that mean there are other events you can run? or is it participation in class specific races? it definitely is a smoking deal though.

NJSPEEDER
03-23-2009, 09:18 PM
It is for open track days. Think of it as test and tune days on a road course. I am sure there will be other benefits to membership, but the track time alone is enough to get me interested.

sweetbmxrider
03-23-2009, 09:27 PM
ok ok i got it now. its monday so i am a little slow.

EchoMirage
03-23-2009, 09:45 PM
its just like their regular track days, one of which i was at this past saturday. but with the membership, instead of paying $125 each day, youll have pre-paid $50. hes doing to have lets say 50 track days throughout the year. you can pick 10 of them, any you want, with notice. the money collected will go towards repaving, building permanant grandstands and an office/classroom. if it goes even better, theyll take over the motocross practice track and expand into a 3+ mile track.

if anyone bitches about the track, its condition, the so called 'no runoff', then think of where else you can go, with a days notice, and have an open track day? you see the hoops i myself am trying to go through to get us at NJMP, and due to the once again lack of interest, i doubt its going to happen. if you want to go to NJMP, limerock, VIR, pocono, then you HAVE to go with an organized group, and plan on paying at least $300 for the day. another point, is that what track on the east coast doesnt have a wall or two? i spun last saturday, and didnt hit anything. many other people have spun during a track day or drift event, and nothing is ever hit. the stigmata of it having 'no runoff' was put out by people who either have never been there, or have only seen it run on the short course, the opposite way it was designed to run.

no one has ever been disappointed after a day there. this includes several people this saturday, who were actual members of NJMP (porsche driving yuppies). even they said, for being such a small place on a minimal budget, they had an absolute blast for the day, and was more then worth every penny.

sweetbmxrider
03-23-2009, 11:04 PM
yeah it sounds like a great deal. i understand what you mean now with the included track days, please keep us informed. i will let friends know, hopefully get more interest.

1QWIKBIRD
03-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Do they post lap times for you? Or do you have to do it yourself with an in car GPS unit? Curious?

EchoMirage
03-24-2009, 09:57 PM
do it yourself. with more money, they can rent transponders on time attack days.

Blacdout96
03-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Im interested, but the funds this year are goign towards the motor, so my budget next year will morethen include purchasing that. and echo, are they still doing the lemons race deal?

EchoMirage
03-30-2009, 03:13 PM
yeah. still working on the car. have to swap the trans soon.

sweetbmxrider
03-30-2009, 03:26 PM
i won't be able to this year. i should be picking up a roller. plus just driving there by myself would be alot nicer.

NastyEllEssWon
03-31-2009, 04:45 PM
do they have a package where you pay like half that price and get half those track days? raceway has been super vague with their road course since its opened. ive tried to get info on it last year and never got any calls returned or anything.

ifs, maybes and roustabout prices dont do it for me. i need solid info. 110 percent all details laid out before i toss my wallet around on the internet.

Mike
03-31-2009, 04:49 PM
do they have a package where you pay like half that price and get half those track days? raceway has been super vague with their road course since its opened. ive tried to get info on it last year and never got any calls returned or anything.

ifs, maybes and roustabout prices dont do it for me. i need solid info. 110 percent all details laid out before i toss my wallet around on the internet.

you never got info last year, because it never opened last year. the first time they used it was this winter

EchoMirage
04-01-2009, 03:18 PM
you never got info last year, because it never opened last year. the first time they used it was this winter

wrong. it was open last year. their free weekend was in june, and i went to at least 4 or the 6 or more track days.

did he ever call chris winters directly? check out the road course link on the website?? the family running the drag strip has nothing to do with the road course.

and no, there is no half package. there are no 'ifs maybes' or whatever. provided there is enough interest, this is the deal, plain and simple. you want to make it happen, get your ass to some track days and support it. i dont see how youre 'tossing your wallet around the internet'. if its that much of a hassle to you, dont ****ing bother with it.

Mike
04-01-2009, 03:19 PM
wrong. it was open last year. their free weekend was in june, and i went to at least 4 or the 6 or more track days.

did he ever call chris winters directly? check out the road course link on the website?? the family running the drag strip has nothing to do with the road course.

and no, there is no half package. there are no 'ifs maybes' or whatever. provided there is enough interest, this is the deal, plain and simple. you want to make it happen, get your ass to some track days and support it. i dont see how youre 'tossing your wallet around the internet'. if its that much of a hassle to you, dont ****ing bother with it.

the number one way to get people interested.......is to be a dickhead........

EchoMirage
04-01-2009, 04:29 PM
who was the dickhead. he came off with an attitude, saying he was tossing his wallet around the internet. where he got that from, i have no idea. and i REALLY dont give a **** what you think of me.

Mike
04-01-2009, 04:37 PM
you have had an attitude going all the way back to the first post in the thread. talking about not even knowing why your posting since there is a lack of interest anyway blah blah blah.

i dont think anything of you, i am just posting my opinion of how you come across in THIS thread..

if you didnt give a **** you wouldnt have replied. and please dont bypass the word filter

EchoMirage
04-01-2009, 04:56 PM
oh, so im wrong for trying to show people there is more to racing then stab & steer, and get disappointed when they back out of a $40 autox?? didnt know you were the personality police. im sarcastic and hurt peoples feelings. deal with it.

NJSPEEDER
04-01-2009, 04:58 PM
That is about enough of that then.

The deal is impressive, not everyone thinks the course is, the info is there if anyone cares to pursue it.

/thread