PDA

View Full Version : when was Rick's bought by Eckler's?

jims69camaro
04-05-2009, 08:08 AM
i just got my new Rick's First Generation catalog, and it says up top "An Eckler's Company". when did this happen? did he sell everything to them? or did he just sell the new stuff - keeping the NOS stuff?

i think it's great that Rick's was able to make some money in the sale. it's the dream of every mom&pop to sell to a large corporation and make tons of cash in the deal. i wonder what will happen to the infamous customer service now, though...

WildBillyT
04-05-2009, 08:12 AM
A while ago. 9-12 months?

What pissed me off the worst is that Rick's would test parts to see how they worked and how they fit. I seriously doubt they will do that under Eckler's rule, and their prices are higher now.

JL8Jeff
04-05-2009, 12:14 PM
I didn't notice that. I haven't looked at a catalog in a while so I'm not keeping up with prices either.

jims69camaro
04-05-2009, 07:27 PM
prices are ahead of inflation, don't worry about that. i have a catalog from last year and it doesn't say that about eckler's owning it. so it was within the last year. crap, more ****** service ahead. that's the only problem with large corporations is that they think customers grow on trees and if a line isn't profitable it must be due to a market trend...

WildBillyT
04-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Rick's has been adjusted for Eckler's inflation.