PDA

View Full Version : Roll bar/Roll cage

NJ Torque
06-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Looking for someone to install a bar/cage into my car... any ideas/opinions?

TaKid455
06-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Applied Force in boonton.
Sam Miller does excellent work. His father was a pioneer in rocket drag cars.

117 Washington St
Boonton, NJ 07005
973-299-0078

Pampered-Z
06-10-2009, 08:44 AM
I think JS does installs. I'm assuming you want one welded in?

Do you have a certain brand in mind or are you looking for something custom?

NJ Torque
06-10-2009, 08:54 AM
I don't really need a custom item, just really something that I can pass tech at the track and not get kicked out, doesnt really need to look good.

Oh, this is for a 4th gen, too.

Whiplash Performance
06-10-2009, 09:52 AM
I don't really need a custom item, just really something that I can pass tech at the track and not get kicked out, doesnt really need to look good.

Oh, this is for a 4th gen, too.

Just go get some sewage pipes from home depot and put it all together lol. They won't notice the difference! :mrgreen:

mc73nova
06-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Not only can we go eat Applebees with you, we can install roll cages too! But seriously call my brother Al if you want to set something up. 201-638-8846

vegaken
06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Think about what you are saying about this roll cage. This item is meant to save your life not to be a bother. Do you really want a piece of junk just thrown together to look good enough to pass tech? You should spend the money once and get it done right. You get what you pay for. I would recommend spending a little extra and having a real professional chassis shop such as Ed Quay put the roll bar in for you. You will not find a better chassis shop to deal with. Car will be done in no time and they have been doing this forever and they specialize in F-body cars.

79CamaroDiva
06-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Think about what you are saying about this roll cage. This item is meant to save your life not to be a bother. Do you really want a piece of junk just thrown together to look good enough to pass tech? You should spend the money once and get it done right. You get what you pay for. I would recommend spending a little extra and having a real professional chassis shop such as Ed Quay put the roll bar in for you. You will not find a better chassis shop to deal with. Car will be done in no time and they have been doing this forever and they specialize in F-body cars.

I've never personally dealt with Ed Quay, but I know he builds some awesome race cars, and have heard good things about his shop at the track. S&W also does a lot with late model cars, so might want to see if they'll do a bar. The chassis shop I use is Race Specialties in Phillipsburg, they might have a waiting list though, I was in there a month ago and they had over 20 cars on jigs.

Call up the site sponsors (Al at TMR or Josh at JS, maybe others do it as well). Its always appreciated to support the sponsors that support this site.

NJ Torque
06-10-2009, 08:35 PM
I never said unsafe... I just dont need a work of art....

chrisfrom nj
06-10-2009, 09:41 PM
i have a roll cage out of a third gen trans am if you want to custom fab it to fit a 4th gen im looking for 150 obo

NJ Torque
06-13-2009, 09:56 PM
how are the jegs kits???

V
06-14-2009, 12:41 AM
i have a wolfe roll bar, good quality, currently mine is still just bolted in, but will get welded someday.