PDA

View Full Version : JVC Products?

MonmouthCtyAntz
06-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Putting a new head unit & speakers in next week. Didnt need anything special, went w/ stock size jvc speakers and one of their head units. I going to hook them up to a amp I already have in the car. Ive heard of the company but how is the car stereo equipment? Not like its going to matter at this point im just curious.

Whiplash Performance
06-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Their head units last forever. I've had a JVC unit outlast 4 Pioneer units.

But their Cameras suck.

5.7TA
06-11-2009, 12:59 PM
do you mean how reliable are they? or are you looking for how good of sound do their units put out compared to other companies?

MonmouthCtyAntz
06-11-2009, 01:02 PM
do you mean how reliable are they? or are you looking for how good of sound do their units put out compared to other companies?

Both i guess...Im obviously not worried about being the loudest guy on the block by going w/ a stock size speaker :)

5.7TA
06-11-2009, 01:13 PM
true...:lol:

mixed reviews on JVC say they are not the most reliable unit (extended warranty fixes that), they are comparable to Alpine units soundwise when EQd correctly, unless you are a Car Audio professional you wouldnt even notice the difference in sound anyways.

a little less money out the pocket and much better sound than your previous arrangement, can't go wrong man...:nod:

MonmouthCtyAntz
06-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Yea theres nothing in there now and all I hear is loudmouth :mrgreen: ..itll be nice to actually have music.

TheBandit
06-11-2009, 01:44 PM
I thik JVC is more towards the middle. Hit or miss kinda. They're decent for the price but id go with a low end Pioneer, Alpine, or Clarion over them.

sweetbmxrider
06-11-2009, 01:44 PM
did your car come with the bose stock? what is your amp config?

MonmouthCtyAntz
06-11-2009, 02:04 PM
did your car come with the bose stock? what is your amp config?

I believe it did originally, its has that bose bass speaker on the driver side of the car behind the rear seats. Not sure about the amp and I dont have the car w/ me at work. The stock system wasnt in the car when I got it though...Only reason Im swapping it is because the car had no rear speakers when i got it and my gf jacked up the head unit that was in there.

sweetbmxrider
06-11-2009, 02:06 PM
oh ok. so you will wire each speaker independently from the amp, correct? i would wire directly to the door speakers too. you will see there is an amp on the speaker mount, if its still in there. just bypass that, they suck :lol:

MonmouthCtyAntz
06-11-2009, 02:16 PM
oh ok. so you will wire each speaker independently from the amp, correct? i would wire directly to the door speakers too. you will see there is an amp on the speaker mount, if its still in there. just bypass that, they suck :lol:
Not sure man, my buddy at work is going to install the system while our boss is away next week lol. Ill pass the advice off to him and see what he thinks.

sweetbmxrider
06-11-2009, 02:28 PM
hahaha alright. he will see the door speakers mount to a ring and there is a small box on it, just bypass it. you won't need it with your own amp and its probably not wired up anyways.

MonmouthCtyAntz
06-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Install went pretty good, system seems to work well....looks like the front speakers are shot though...have to run up to walmart tonight and grab a couple front speakers.:-?

EllwynX
06-16-2009, 09:31 PM
No idea about their auto products, but as for Home Entertainment I usually only buy Sony, Toshiba, JVC. I've had excellent experiences with JVC surround sound/dvd players and VCRs over the years.

firebirdcrazy
06-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Going on my 3rd head unit in the last 5 years. Only changed them because I was upgrading. My last one was in the car almost 3 years without a beat. The guy that I sold it too I am sure he will get alot more time with it also. I just got a new Dvd head unit by JVC and I am quite happy with it.