PDA

View Full Version : 96 Caprice 9C1 For Sale

PDubs87Z28
07-13-2009, 05:23 PM
LONG POST BUT HERE YA GO.
Due to the cash for clunkers bill that was passed, i went to the dealership and put a deposit on a 09 Cobalt XFE (commuting purpose only and sick of fixing cars.) and i'm using my 90 Caprice as my $4500 trade in. I gotta wait til the end of july to get the car due to the government and bank accounts or some crap. So for the remainder of the month i will continue using my 96 Caprice, But unfortunately i gotta get rid it. Its a fixer upper if anyone would be interested OR just a drive train/ parts car.
There's a couple things wrong with the car that isn't too major but i don't have the time or effort to deal with it anymore.
Here's the low down on the car:
1996 white Caprice 9C1- Pwr win/pwr locks, blue 60/40 cloth bench seat up front. Plastic back seat and rubber floor all around LOL- POLICE FREEZE!!!!!
LT1 w/ 100,154 miles AS OF TODAY and that stupid looking home plate air deflector non sense on top of it.
Trans re-built with new trans cooler at 90,000 (bought the car off my friend and told that)
Stock rear which i believe they are 2.93's (i saw that online for specs i don't know)
All around Disc brakes- Replaced Front pads and rear pads and rotors at 95,XXX ish.
Needs the following, a front end- shocks, driver side upper and lower ball joints (the passenger side done that was really bad), and new bushing on the control arms (squeaks like crazy!) may need steering but feels fine now, Rear shocks but those are in the trunk.
Minor body work and needs a paint job (roof is peeling.)
I bought the car and the fan's were hard wired to the ignition and the temp gauge stays at cold. believe me i took it to PA and it never over heated and it drives everyday. Needs a smart electrical guy.
So all in all the car has to go, so $1,500 takes it. Like i said fix it or take its drivetrain and junk the thing. Its a good car and i'd hate to see it go! :(
PM me or EMAIL me at PGFiermonte@gmail.com for pictures. I'm located in Bridgewater between 22 and 28 if anyone wants to see the beast in person.