PDA

View Full Version : Speaker just died...?

usp55
10-10-2009, 06:54 PM
1.5 year old infinity 6.5 front speaker just died. Well thought it did till i picked up a new one today and it didnt work either. redid the connection to the speaker and nothing. any ideas?

NjbadSS
10-10-2009, 07:01 PM
stock cd player?

sweetbmxrider
10-10-2009, 07:06 PM
did it have a bose system factory? if you are still going through stock wiring, i have killed a couple of the amps for the front/door speakers. its mounted off of the speaker holder ring in a little black box. might be able to wire direct from the head unit.

could also be the head unit or a broken wire.

usp55
10-10-2009, 07:28 PM
pioneer cd player and car had bose factory

NjbadSS
10-11-2009, 12:02 AM
My advice is just that. Delete the bose if you have a pioneer head unit and run the speakers directly head unit. It actually will have much more quality sound and eliminate lots of problems for you. I did this in both of my f bods and had lots of luck. I had the same issue recently with my 95 Z28 no speakers wanted to work, I ran the wires directly from my head unit, and have great sound. Good luck

sweetbmxrider
10-11-2009, 09:05 AM
yeah i would try running directly from the head unit. the bose is such a pita to deal with.

njcamarokid
10-12-2009, 03:49 PM
I do agree with the bose haters.... I do car audio for a living...It could be a bad connection at the back of the radio or at the speaker (which you checked already) A wire is broken (possibly in the sheild) or a bad channel on the amp...The bose system is for 2 ohm speakers...The convention speaker is 4 ohms and usually causes a world of aggervation. The reason most hate it.