PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Eclipse

LTb1ow
12-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Speakers no longer work, and there is sometimes a lot of fuzz when you start the car.

Radio will light up, change stations etc, CD player selects tracks, just no sound coming from speakers.

Started after a night of heavy rain and wind if that means anything, inside of the car wasn't soaked though.

Everything else works, and I checked the radio fuses, they check out... Don't really wanna go ripping into a car I am not to knowledgeable on...

Thoughts?

sweetbmxrider
12-05-2009, 06:20 PM
ehh there is a general tsb on it but sounds like your problem is a specific issue. i would try swapping a known good speaker in and see if it works. if not, good possibility the head unit is bad.

LTb1ow
12-05-2009, 06:53 PM
ehh there is a general tsb on it but sounds like your problem is a specific issue. i would try swapping a known good speaker in and see if it works. if not, good possibility the head unit is bad.

No, none of the speakers work. Its just occasional random fuzz.

Is there a tsb on it?

sweetbmxrider
12-06-2009, 11:18 AM
yeah but its real general and its just to help diagnosing. most likely the head unit though.

LTb1ow
12-06-2009, 03:21 PM
yeah but its real general and its just to help diagnosing. most likely the head unit though.

feck. Alright.

NastyEllEssWon
12-07-2009, 10:13 AM
bad head unit