PDA

View Full Version : More stereo questions

MyFirstZ
01-14-2010, 06:29 PM
ok so i got my new sub and have been enjoying it for a few weeks now. a kenwood w2512 i believe it was 300 rms same as my last sub.

Well last night it went out on me. no pop or anything just stopped. Checked for all my powers and they were good. I checked for my ground and it was good. No shorts going to the sub. Took the sub out of the box and checked the coil. Coils good, now im really stumped. My old jl still had a good coil in it so i hooked them both up to my reciever,one at a time. Jl good sound through the one coil nice, crisp loud. Put on the kenwood and i actually noticed i was getting sound, did not notice it the first time before i tested the coil. But it was very very low? bad speaker? what caused this ? I thoguht maybe the amp but it is doing it with my rhome stereo reciever to. I have a warranty so i am going to call tommorrow.

deadtrend1
01-14-2010, 06:46 PM
So in short, you amp has power and is putting out sound. And you switched speakers and it sounds good through the new speaker?

Yea, sounds like a bad speaker. It happens on occasion.

MyFirstZ
01-14-2010, 06:49 PM
ok, thank you

just wanted to clarify.. .sounds good through my jl which is the one i blew a coil in right before christmas, but it is a dual coil, and the one coil has good sound. The new speaker i just got is the bad one that had no sound