PDA

View Full Version : E-town tea party

3.4 grape of wrath
03-05-2010, 09:54 AM
I just sent an e-mail to raceway park letting them know there prices are getting out of control. $40 for test and tune? Maybe if enough of us send them emails they will lower the price or at least stop increasing the price every year. If it wasn't for the racers they wouldn't have any business.

LTb1ow
03-05-2010, 09:56 AM
I would bet they don't make their main money from the t&t guys... big money comes from the big races... t&t guys just mess up the track...

Just tell em that for that extra door charge you could drive to atco and get more runs in anyway...

WildBillyT
03-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Somebody's got to pay all of the lawyers and bribe the local politicos.

3.4 grape of wrath
03-05-2010, 10:28 AM
I got in contact with the track it's still $28 for Wed night $40 for Sunday.

Mike
03-05-2010, 11:05 AM
englishtowns prices have only changed a couple dollars for t&t in the 8 years i have been racing there

remember to be careful what you wish for.......if the prices go down, the amount of pieces of **** at the track will go up. which means more broken cars, longer tech lines AND longer inspection per car. then the ones that make it through tech will break on the track and leave longer waits.

everyone already complains about the "only three runs each" and the "tons of broken cars".......if you lower the prices it will get a LOT worse

79CamaroDiva
03-05-2010, 11:21 AM
We considered raising our prices about the same but didn't this year so far.. People can call and complain all they want, but it doesn't do any good.. you think the track is raising prices because they WANT to screw their customers?? Insurance costs go up every year, call them.. As does glue, fuel and cost of maintenance. Employees demand to get paid more, and I know that they just spent a few hundred thousand to get their top end catch net and gravel trap redone by some engineers... If you think that the money you pay at the gate is all profit, you are sorely mistaken.

HW72
03-05-2010, 06:03 PM
$40 test and tune on Sundays isn't new. I believe it's still $28 for Wed, $24 for Fri, $30? for Sat. I think tomorrow's Street Wars races were $35 last year, but I may be wrong. As far as I can tell, they raised the payouts a little bit and it's $40 this year.

mc73nova
03-05-2010, 06:24 PM
There is nothing cheap about this sport to begin with. No matter if you have a full race car or a street car, its going to cost money. The last thing we should be doing is to be complaining about or to, the few tracks left that are open. Its bad enough tracks get enough complaints from people who dont go and have no idea what it means to be a part of the racing community, they just know they make a lot of noise and create traffic on the weekends. If it was just the tracks charging more money every year I would be upset, but the price of everday needs rise all the time, we just go with the flow because we dont have any other choice.

Camarokid08731
03-06-2010, 07:39 PM
atco 15 bucks test and tune cant beat it

Mike
03-06-2010, 08:42 PM
atco 15 bucks test and tune cant beat it

not on weekends, and not if you have a trailer

Raist103
03-09-2010, 08:27 AM
i just drive to atco teusday and fridays 15. if i "have" to trailer i leave it at my buddy's around the corner. better people and better hooking track.

Zero4488
03-12-2010, 03:59 PM
not on weekends, and not if you have a trailer

Yea...weekends are 30....whoop de doo....plus you get more runs....ATCO FTW!