PDA

View Full Version : Good car audio place?

fmybody
03-16-2010, 07:21 PM
im not sure if this is in the right spot but yeah

In the last year i thik i blew both door speakers and a sail panel speaker.. just wondering if you guys know any good place to take it to get them all replaced..

Spring is pretty much here and that means ill be driving with the windows down and the music up..

any suggestions as to where to take it? and/or what to put in it...

not looking to go crazy just > or = the stock monsoon

Tru2Chevy
03-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Replacing just speakers is easy enough, you can do it yourself in 45 mins taking your time.

Have you gotten stock replacement speakers from another monsoon-equipped f-body yet?

- Justin

fmybody
03-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Replacing just speakers is easy enough, you can do it yourself in 45 mins taking your time.

Have you gotten stock replacement speakers from another monsoon-equipped f-body yet?

- Justin

nope.. ive gotten a couple of PMs from people but my sched is so crazy i dont have normal times to meet people to make transactions lol i figured id just go to a place and have them do it all at once. quick. done..

are stock replacements the only ones that will work?

V
03-16-2010, 08:22 PM
not for OEM stuff, but for almost all my aftermarket audio needs, i use autotoys.com

Tru2Chevy
03-16-2010, 08:29 PM
are stock replacements the only ones that will work?
No, but i wouldn't replace just a few of the stock speakers with aftermarket ones. Either keep 'em all stock, or swap them all to aftermarket.

I don't remember exactly what the difference is, but the monsoon system is setup differently than most stock audio systems, I wanna say that each speaker has it's own individual amp or something like that.

Anyway - If you just wanna take it somewhere or talk to a shop about it, I recommend these guys. I haven't had any work done there, but I have seen jobs done for some friend's cars, and they all turned out great

Sound Automotive
3828 Quakerbridge Rd
Trenton, New Jersey 08619
(609) 587-5555

- Justin

fmybody
03-16-2010, 08:37 PM
No, but i wouldn't replace just a few of the stock speakers with aftermarket ones. Either keep 'em all stock, or swap them all to aftermarket.

I don't remember exactly what the difference is, but the monsoon system is setup differently than most stock audio systems, I wanna say that each speaker has it's own individual amp or something like that.

Anyway - If you just wanna take it somewhere or talk to a shop about it, I recommend these guys. I haven't had any work done there, but I have seen jobs done for some friend's cars, and they all turned out great

Sound Automotive
3828 Quakerbridge Rd
(609) 587-5555

- Justin

im considering swapping them all.. how many speakers are there? 6? or 8? does anyone have any speaker brand suggestions?

BonzoHansen
03-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Monsoon setup has some 2ohm speakers involved

fmybody
03-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Monsoon setup has some 2ohm speakers involved

sorry im retarted. can you explain what that means... and why i need to know that?:-?

BonzoHansen
03-17-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm not the right person to ask. I was really answering Tru2chevy's comment "I don't remember exactly what the difference is, but the monsoon system is setup differently than most stock audio systems, I wanna say that each speaker has it's own individual amp or something like that.". There is one amp and a pile of 2 ohm speakers and one pair of 4 ohm speakers (IIRC).

I think if you replace 2s with 4s they won't be as loud. And it might be possible to damage the amp, although that is getting out of my realm of knowledge. I know mismatched impedances can be bad, I just don't know the extent or details.

I also know that there are a few aftermarket replacements for your monsoon stuff, but I don't know exactly what ones. I'll defer to the 4th gen guys on that.

Try this (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=replacing+2+ohm+speakers+with+4+ohm+speakers)

fmybody
03-17-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm not the right person to ask. I was really answering Tru2chevy's comment "I don't remember exactly what the difference is, but the monsoon system is setup differently than most stock audio systems, I wanna say that each speaker has it's own individual amp or something like that.". There is one amp and a pile of 2 ohm speakers and one pair of 4 ohm speakers (IIRC).

I think if you replace 2s with 4s they won't be as loud. And it might be possible to damage the amp, although that is getting out of my realm of knowledge. I know mismatched impedances can be bad, I just don't know the extent or details.

I also know that there are a few aftermarket replacements for your monsoon stuff, but I don't know exactly what ones. I'll defer to the 4th gen guys on that.

Try this (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=replacing+2+ohm+speakers+with+4+ohm+speakers)

"try this" FFFFFF UUUUUUU :rofl:

yeah.. ill figure it out.

RiggsLW81
03-18-2010, 11:23 AM
This place is top notch. Have seen extremely custom stereo set ups, and basic jobs from there, but the quality is excellent regardless of budget. 2 friends have used them and have heard nothing but good things. I plan on going there to do a system for the IROC..hopefully within the next year..a few more important things on the "to do to the IROC" list first..hehe

http://www.sound-waves.com
1200 Route 46 West
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Telephone: 973-334-9283
FAX: 973-334-1211
E-mail: info (at) sound-waves.com

fmybody
03-18-2010, 03:23 PM
thats kinda far for me.. anyone hear anything about Hi-Fi in edison on RT.1?

i went there to get an aftermarket alarm system out of my dd.. they did a good job and they did it quicker than they said they would.. for a decent price.. i may swing by there early tomorrow just to ask..

my main concern is that it sounds at least as it should stock.. cause it seriously sounds like poop

RiggsLW81
03-19-2010, 11:16 AM
to me...excellent craftsmanship is worth a long ride. Josh at JS is 100 miles from me, but for major work, I make the trek.

I never understood people who would rather get work done somewhere cause its conveniently located..I want it done right the first time personally. not saying that a local place wont, but I know from experience you wouldnt have issues at Sound Waves.. Old Bridge to Parsippany is only an hour-ish ride.

cheap work aint good and good work aint cheap.

B4C
03-23-2010, 10:13 AM
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_15?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=boston+acoustics&sprefix=boston+accousti

CHRIS67
03-23-2010, 11:55 AM
I had a friend use Fabulous Auto Alarms for their stereo in Passaic and he was very happy with their work. 973-955-4390 and ask for Leo.

fmybody
03-23-2010, 04:26 PM
I had a friend use Fabulous Auto Alarms for their stereo in Passaic and he was very happy with their work. 973-955-4390 and ask for Leo.

really? does richard simmons own that place? lol

jk .. im having a friend give me some options he owns his own business... hes been doin audio crap since highschool

which was only a few years ago but still... ill see what he says

firebirdcrazy
03-31-2010, 10:42 AM
If you go to my guy NVSAudio.com in Elizabeth NJ he will take care of you. Just drop my name AJ and you will be hooked up with the best stuff. He warranties his labor work lifetime and all his products for 2 years. Cant be it that!!

Adam1978
03-31-2010, 11:46 PM
i went to PC Richard and son,the guy that installed it left wires everywhere that i had to tie up, but it was free of charge so what could i say, and the head unit i got needed to be ordered, well 2 weeks later it still wasnt there, so they upgraded me twice free of charge, i spent $150 on a $320 head unit, and got the speakers and unit installed for free! they may not be the best best, but have an okay selection and are great with customer service, i didnt plan on getting upgraded twice for nothing haha

deadtrend1
04-01-2010, 09:29 PM

Monsoon FAQ - LS1TECH (http://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-electronics/612644-monsoon-faq.html)

fmybody
04-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Monsoon FAQ - LS1TECH (http://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-electronics/612644-monsoon-faq.html)

Do i have to be a member to view that or is my computer slippin?

deadtrend1
04-01-2010, 09:38 PM
didn't know it was private, so yes, you must be a member.

fmybody
04-01-2010, 09:48 PM
didn't know it was private, so yes, you must be a member.

ehh i guess i should be anyways.. good info on that site.. thanks!

fmybody
04-01-2010, 09:50 PM
nvm i am a member lol

Jobst
04-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Unexpected Creations in Edison, NJ. 732-572-1969. Great guy, ask for Don. Only place/person i'll let work on my car.

firebirdcrazy
05-03-2011, 07:46 AM
My guy Carlos from NVS Audio. He is the top and most certified installer in NJ. And has been named top 100 installers in the U.S. Has totally built my ride and currently building my new interior. So he has lots of experience with the Fbodies he is located in Elizabeth nj. Check out the site NVSAUDIO.com Drop my name and he will take care of you seriously. Life time warranty on workmanship and doubles all factory warranties. You cant beat that anywhere.

firebirdcrazy
05-03-2011, 07:53 AM
By the way I will probably be geting rid of my old set up which consist of JL Audio speakers in your interested. PM me

V
05-03-2011, 07:20 PM
thread is over a year old....

Raist103
05-13-2011, 07:41 AM

Sound Automotive
3828 Quakerbridge Rd
(609) 587-5555

- Justin

this is my buddys shop. he is no longer on Quakerbridge rd in Hamilton. he is off olden in Trenton. if anyone needs work stop by and tell Danny Don sent you. phone number is the same still.

Tru2Chevy
05-15-2011, 06:19 PM
this is my buddys shop. he is no longer on Quakerbridge rd in Hamilton. he is off olden in Trenton. if anyone needs work stop by and tell Danny Don sent you. phone number is the same still.

Thanks for the update, I didn't know they had moved. The new address is:

1102 Sylvan Avenue
Trenton, NJ 08610-4454

- Justin