PDA

View Full Version : philly region scca auto-x

198esp1
05-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Philly region is racing at citizen bank on Saturday and sunday, I belive it is a charity event. You can race one or both days. Philly always runs a top level event. Ill be going on sat but not on sunday. Anybody else thinking of going

creeper
05-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm doing the MSNE one at Giant's stadium Sunday

198esp1
05-16-2010, 11:06 PM
well yesterday could have been better, The course was the longest i have ever run my best time was a 86.543 which was only good for 45th in pax out of a 112 cars. Raw time was 22nd not including shifter karts and formula cars. I had some mechanical woes with the brakes, I was getting a very long pedal on some parts of the course. I probably need some new front hubs again, combined with the tires that didn't have the same level of grip as last time made for a very frustrating and busy time in the car. So i probably wont race till i get some new tires.

creeper
05-17-2010, 12:27 PM
I probably did the worst I've ever done yesterday at MSNE. At least I know what my problem is now though. On my first lap, driving really easy just to learn the course I ran a 1:25. On the second I drove as hard as I possibly could just to see what would happen, missed a gate because I was going 10x too fast to even consider trying to hit it, and then I took out 3 cones later in the course. I came in with a 1:22 that time which really surprised me because it felt really fast. Then I started taking it nice and easy again and got a few 1:20's which was kind of disappointing because it wasn't much faster than my first run, but it was quicker than when I tried to fast. On my 5th run I took an instructor (thought we were getting 8, but turns out we got cut to 6) and on the 6th finally starting to get things right but ended up getting so much faster through the beginning of the course I came into other parts with way too much speed and ended up losing all the time I had made up. Next time I hope I remember what I learned but I always end up getting excited and just bombing it.

198esp1
05-17-2010, 04:42 PM
thats what usually happens when your starting out those (fast feeling) runs are usually the slow ones ,cars all out of shape too fast where you should go slow and to slow where you should go fast.

creeper
05-17-2010, 11:30 PM
exactly haha, I feel like I'll be a LOT faster next time though because I finally started getting a feel for what is really right and what I should not be doing

1QWIKBIRD
05-18-2010, 06:51 PM
You guys got nothing on me......I broke a valvespring on Sunday during the AM session on my second run. Luckily I noticed something wasn't quite right and got it back on the trailer right away. Who says autox isn't hard on parts:shock:

That will pretty much bring and end to my season while I decide how to proceed. I need time to gather my thoughts and cool off. Cause right now I want to part the POS out and never see it again, but I'm sure I'd only run back out and buy another one.......:evil:

Tru2Chevy
05-18-2010, 11:39 PM
You guys got nothing on me......I broke a valvespring on Sunday during the AM session on my second run. Luckily I noticed something wasn't quite right and got it back on the trailer right away. Who says autox isn't hard on parts:shock:

That will pretty much bring and end to my season while I decide how to proceed. I need time to gather my thoughts and cool off. Cause right now I want to part the POS out and never see it again, but I'm sure I'd only run back out and buy another one.......:evil:

Ouch, that sucks to hear man. Find all the pieces?

- Justin

1QWIKBIRD
05-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Ouch, that sucks to hear man. Find all the pieces?

- Justin

A quick inspection tells me that all the failure wasn't catastrophic and all that there aren't any pieces completely displaced. The valve didn't drop, the locks, retainer and spring are all still in place. So I'm hoping this could be a relatively easy fix, just a new set of springs. But the conservative side of my brain is telling me to pull everything apart and make sure there isn't a bent valve, damaged valve seat or other ugliness hiding inside the chamber/cylinder. So the motor may come out just to be sure. I'll post some pics later in the engine section.....

creeper
05-20-2010, 09:48 AM
that sucks man, I hope I don't break anything soon, all my money is invested in 6 speed swap parts right now

198esp1
05-20-2010, 07:12 PM
dont worry to much Chris races his car 3 time then it breaks he's use to it.:shock:

creeper
05-20-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm at an all time high this year already, got 2 autox's in so far. Hoping to make at least 3 or 4 more and a track day or two. Track days depend on when I get the new trans in though.

1QWIKBIRD
05-21-2010, 06:30 AM
dont worry to much Chris races his car 3 time then it breaks he's use to it.:shock:

This coming from a guy who turns upper control arms into pretzels every time out.....Don't you have a set hubs to replace????:rofl:

creeper
05-23-2010, 11:20 AM
They just posted up times from last week's event, I finished about 55th out of 75. I'm really quite surprised I wasn't in the bottom 10 with how I was driving. Next time I'll probably do the morning session to make sure I get 8 runs, I always feel like I need those last 2 runs to bring everything together.

If your car is down for the season you should loan me your track tires so they don't just sit around and dry up :wink:

On a more serious note, I hope it's nothing major and it's back up soon