PDA

View Full Version : future swap meet?

V
10-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Will there ever be a fbody based swap meet added to the nationals?

just wondering

BonzoHansen
10-14-2010, 07:25 PM
We've talked about it. But space becomes an issue. we honestly don't even know if the track would go for it anyway.

V
10-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Since we have gotten more sponsors than we had the first year, and word has been spreading, i think it should be discussed for the next Nats... at least just to put it out there again and reconsider if its feasible.

sweetbmxrider
10-14-2010, 07:43 PM
yeah that would be nice. maybe if it ever turned into a weekend event, you could have a swap meet one day and the car show the next to help with space i guess.

BonzoHansen
10-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Since we have gotten more sponsors than we had the first year, and word has been spreading, i think it should be discussed for the next Nats... at least just to put it out there again and reconsider if its feasible.

I think to be feasible it would mean a total track rental. And the cash ain't there for that yet, if ever. But we'll certainly consider it.

Anti_Rice_Guy
10-14-2010, 08:08 PM
yeah that would be nice. maybe if it ever turned into a weekend event, you could have a swap meet one day and the car show the next to help with space i guess.

Hold your horses pal! We have enough issues getting 25 people to a meet a month...:nod:

Mike
10-14-2010, 09:26 PM
i think melissa shot it down at one point for insurance reasons...

V
10-15-2010, 07:06 AM

ah ok, makes sense

JL8Jeff
10-15-2010, 07:22 AM

Yes, I remember the discussions and insurance was the big factor. Another issue could be sales tax since vendors are supposed to report/pay sales tax to the state.