PDA

View Full Version : First runs with the G8 at Atco

coldkilla
10-25-2010, 04:42 PM
On Friday I took the G8 down to Atco and ran it for the first time. I made two passes with a 13.1 and then a 13.0 and that's the first time I've even been at the track in about 3 years so I know I can finesse that down into the 12's! I also had half a tank of gas and stock tires/tire pressure so hopefully messing with just those two factors and better driving can get me a 12.9. It's getting loose on the 1-2 shift so once I upgrade my rims I'll throw some drag radials on a pair of stock ones to eliminate that but other than some rear suspension pieces there isn't really anything left I can do to it. I'm not going to go inside the engine yet nor am I going to spray it so we'll see how low I can get for now! I definitely want to go back to Atco again before the season is over.

Blackbirdws6
10-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Not too shabby. What was your 60'? I will be heading to Atco for Pontiac Day on the 6th to make some final runs in my G8 for the season. I finally got the trans 3-4 shift lag issue resolved so hoping to improve on my time. Hoping to squeek a 12.7x or better next time out.

coldkilla
10-26-2010, 06:12 PM
I had a 2.086 best 60' time. What was your problem with the 3-4 shift? I haven't had any issues so far.

Blackbirdws6
10-26-2010, 08:05 PM
I had a 2.086 best 60' time. What was your problem with the 3-4 shift? I haven't had any issues so far.

My 3-4 shift was really slow and not nearly as snappy as my other gear changes. The issue was resolved so I'm all set now. If I left it in third, I would run into the rev limiter before the traps. If I let it shift, it would be way too slow and effect ET/MPH. I tinker with things in HPTuners but its a littlle dicey to test the 3-4 on public roads lol.

Get that sixty down a touch and 12s will def been yours. My best 60 on the stock 19s is 1.96. Surprisingly, with just a tune and homemade intake, I ran 12.93 @ 109.

89firebird
10-30-2010, 11:33 AM
nice run you have to get it a little faster but thats always the case with anything lol