PDA

View Full Version : pontiac,nats.... atco.....

chknhwk01
11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
:?: who,s going, nov 6th, players............ :nod:

Jersey_TA
11-04-2010, 01:30 PM
I'll be there spectating with the vette or my lifted silverado since the trans am is retired and getting sold soon.

Blackbirdws6
11-04-2010, 03:53 PM
I plan to be there runnin the G8. Hope the rain stops otherwise I'm not driving down to pay money and watch them dry the track lol.

Demonicbird00
11-04-2010, 06:01 PM
wow ill finally have a chance to meet the infamous grammar lacking chiken hulk!! ill be in the t&t lane, just look for the black TA w/ black powder coated prostars w/ a primered hood

-brandon

Slow-V6
11-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Might have to come out. Will probably be in the Firehawk since my wife wants to run it herself.. I would be pissed if she beats my time!! J/K. I would be estatic since it is her car anyways..

BlackTopKing
11-05-2010, 04:35 PM
See ya guys there...hopefully it warms up earlier then it has been this week.

kazman
11-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Sad but true but I got to skip the Pontiac day to go the the flee market at MG. I need to get rid of some stuff.

Jersey_TA
11-06-2010, 07:43 AM
wow ill finally have a chance to meet the infamous grammar lacking chiken hulk!! ill be in the t&t lane, just look for the black TA w/ black powder coated prostars w/ a primered hood

-brandon

^ this guy isn't going. I'll see you guys there

Jersey_TA
11-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I love my camera, I love my camera, I love my camera, I LOVE my camera. Pics coming when I get home later

Blackbirdws6
11-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Woot!

Jersey_TA
11-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Woot!

lol i got a few of you including the WTF is he taking a pic of me for from the return lane lol. organizing pics now for upload

edpontiac91
11-07-2010, 07:00 PM
In regard to the Drag Classes at ATCO for yesterdays Pontiac Nationals, it was a poor choice of having ONLY two RACING classes set up. The Pro Pontiac Class was for cars 9.00 to 19.99. How many STREET cars even had a chance with professional drivers cutting double 0 lights and running slicks. My son Darren cut a very good light @ .014, but the RACE car he was up against in the first round cuts a .010 light. He lost by .025 and the tree was part of it. I contacted Tom from the GTO club, that put on the event , and he said he has asked for a Street Class with NO slicks, but ATCO has refused. He and I both did take a GOLD award in the show which was really cool.

Jersey_TA
11-08-2010, 09:44 AM
In regard to the Drag Classes at ATCO for yesterdays Pontiac Nationals, it was a poor choice of having ONLY two RACING classes set up. The Pro Pontiac Class was for cars 9.00 to 19.99. How many STREET cars even had a chance with professional drivers cutting double 0 lights and running slicks. My son Darren cut a very good light @ .014, but the RACE car he was up against in the first round cuts a .010 light. He lost by .025 and the tree was part of it. I contacted Tom from the GTO club, that put on the event , and he said he has asked for a Street Class with NO slicks, but ATCO has refused. He and I both did take a GOLD award in the show which was really cool.

That's that way things go sometimes. It sucks that they didn't have a no slick category, but there isn't much you can do about. I used to bracket race all the time back home in Illinois and a few times I was the only street car in a field of guys running 7s-11s. I managed to get to the final one night only to race a 7 second rail car using electronics to run the same every time. I had an awesome reaction time, but its all I could do to lose by .001. It sucked, but hey I had a blast. There really is nothing like getting a 6 second head start and watching a rail run you down like a freight train. lol

kazman
11-08-2010, 11:39 AM

IMO the tracks are forced to cut back on the number of classes due to the low number of entries. I remember that Atco had multiple classes for Pontiac Day back in 2003. It took 5 rounds to get into the final and the ET cut was 13.0. Back then there were enought cars to let the tracks run multiple classes give payouts in each and still make money.

The other issure I see is plain bracket racing experiece. The guy in the race car had more experience and a better tool than you son. At these events there are always going to be a number of good bracket racers looking for an "easy" payday. I don't see any way around that problem. For the record I have been running a 14 second pure street mustang ('07 GT auto) and I'm very competitive against a pro class field.

I hope you and your son don't get fed up with everything and never bracket race again. Moreover I really hope for just the opposet. Race as often as you can, gain expereince, and come back next year with the street car and kick a$$ in the pro eliminator class. Atco does offer a street bracket racing class as does Raceway Park.

Frosty
11-09-2010, 07:00 AM
:?: who,s going, nov 6th, players............ :nod:

I see you weren't there racing your awesome car....again. ;)

Frosty
11-09-2010, 07:02 AM

The same happened to my buddy Steve(green '98 T/A with NY plates). Both were exactly the same off of their dials but the other car(which was a slicked up race car) cut a slightly better tree....it happens...that's racing. It sucks but like others have said, when it gets to be this time of year and turnout is typically low you can't have a bunch of classes, it dilutes the number of entries.

Jersey_TA
11-09-2010, 07:55 AM
The same happened to my buddy Steve(green '98 T/A with NY plates). Both were exactly the same off of their dials but the other car(which was a slicked up race car) cut a slightly better tree....it happens...that's racing. It sucks but like others have said, when it gets to be this time of year and turnout is typically low you can't have a bunch of classes, it dilutes the number of entries.

I got some nice pics of your buddy's green t/a

Frosty
11-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah I think I saw them on your page. That car is so dead on consistent...with very little done. The car will be a beast next year though. :D

Anti_Rice_Guy
11-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah I think I saw them on your page. That car is so dead on consistent...with very little done. The car will be a beast next year though. :D

Ohhhhhhhhhh?

Frosty
11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm not at liberty to discuss the details but it's going to be stout.

chknhwk01
11-09-2010, 02:02 PM
I see you weren't there racing your awesome car....again. ;)

i was ther.... wher was uuuuuuuuuuuuuu....:wink:

Frosty
11-09-2010, 02:04 PM
I was there, just not racing. I figured you would have been racing the beast.

chknhwk01
11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
just waiting to tune the n2o... that next year is my year......:mrgreen:
i hope they change, the date,next year was to cold the stands was entee
cars wher runing good, it wood have had more cars ther if the weather
was warmer..... but joe sway is a sumack...:nod:

Blackbirdws6
11-10-2010, 05:24 PM
just waiting to tune the n2o... that next year is my year......:mrgreen:
i hope they change, the date,next year was to cold the stands was entee
cars wher runing good, it wood have had more cars ther if the weather
was warmer..... but joe sway is a sumack...:nod: