PDA

View Full Version : 2010 East Coast Nats Race Winners!

Pampered-Z
11-11-2010, 03:07 PM
I want to again start by thanking everyone that came out to the ECNs and enjoyed the day at Island Dragway! This year we saw a lot more participation and I feel the racing is getting better every year.

There were many close races and well deserved wins! I was very pleased to see many racers opting to try their hand at Bogey and Buyback racing. From this we were able to give the runners up a little something!

Congratulations to:

Street Bracket:

Winner – Steve Ciregna
Runner up – Pete Ostertag

Street racing highlights:

Our most highly contested class! With 24 entries and plenty of buy backs it took 7 rounds of racing to decide this class!

Steve Ciregna won the street Bracket running close to his dial-ins and hitting the tree harder each round. In the final round Steve saved the best for last, hitting the tree with a “James Bond” .007 light and that advantage left Pete Ostertag no room at the top end.

Also noteworthy in street: Jim Kazmala AKA “Kazman” – Gets my George Washington award (that means I buy the mozzarella sticks next time at hooters). During time shots he chopped down the tree with a perfect light! That’s right! A .000 reaction time! Unfortunately he couldn’t duplicate that effort in eliminations, but still managed to go a few rounds. Good job Kaz.

Just to show how good the racing was in this class: Hitting the tree continued throughout the racing. Half of the cars that advanced into round#2 all posted up .0xx lights with Jerry Schlomer leading the way with his .008.
Great job by all those in our Street Bracket class.

Pro Dial Bracket:

** I’d like to apologize to the racers that missed the buy back round, I’ll work on improving this for next year! **

Winner – Lou Buxbaum
Runner up – Rob D’Alessandro

Pro Dial Bracket highlights:

A well fielded class of quality cars and racers here again! It was 4 rounds of racing in this class. With Lou Buxbaum and Rob D’Alessandro making the final pair. Rob knew he had his work cut out as Lou had been hitting the tree well and was running on his dial in all day. Rob tried to repeat the .001 tree he posted in the semis but missed, leaving Lou with bragging rights until the next event.

With a 13 car field and some great racing at the top end resulted in close margins of victory. In round #1 KAT hit the tree hard and running tight to his dial in gave him not only the round win, but also giving him the Bogey win! GREAT JOB KAT! Round 2 continued to see racers working hard for the wins, no “gimmies” in this round either! No double reds, every racer earned their wins!

Index class:

Winner – Josh Solimine
Runner up – Rob D’Alessandro

Index highlight: Name look familiar? Rob doubled entered in two classes and makes the finals in both! And again Rob is facing a tough competitor in Josh. Well what more can I say, JSPerformance remains the undisputed champion of the index class. He had control at the starting line and although Rob did his best running higher MPH through the trap Josh was not to be denied. Great job JSP! (Hope you didn’t spend all your winnings at the dollar store!) Congrats Rob on making it to two finals!

Thank you all again!
John Barkasy & the NJFBOA

kazman
11-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Congrats to all the winners in a very competitive field. Thanks to everyone putting the event together and a special thanks to John for running the drag racing.

I will need to collect on the Mozzarella sticks soon or you might have to ship them to the Hooters in Fory Myers Florida.

thehazguy
11-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks for putting on a great event. Had a lot of fun although the -.014 red in the third round wasn't to my liking but oh well. If you're not pushing the light you're not trying. I'm sure I'll hear about that.

Anti_Rice_Guy
11-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Same here, I redlit in the 2nd round of street by -.02 after having some great lights and consistent runs. Still had a great time, and thanks for the hard work put into it.

JSPERFORMANCE
11-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Nice write up John.. Thanks!

Pampered-Z
11-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Congrats to all the winners in a very competitive field. Thanks to everyone putting the event together and a special thanks to John for running the drag racing.

I will need to collect on the Mozzarella sticks soon or you might have to ship them to the Hooters in Fory Myers Florida.

he he he,

I guess now is a good time to remind you that hOOters doesn't sell Mozzaerlla sticks! :moon:

kazman
11-20-2010, 07:13 PM
he he he,

I guess now is a good time to remind you that hOOters doesn't sell Mozzaerlla sticks! :moon:

My friend you forget my son was a kitchen mananger for Hooters. I am fully aware that Hooters doesn't have mozzeerlla sticks. They burn up in 2 seconds in the Hooters hot fat. LOL. We still need to do Hooters for some bench racing. I do miss nights at Hooters KoP where I got a $2.50 check.