PDA

View Full Version : Winter Series AutoX at NJMP

hrdlydangerous
11-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Hey all. The South Jersey region SCCA is hosting a winter Autocross series at New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville. This a great venue with grippy asphalt and plenty of room for F-Body cars to stretch their legs. If you've never autocrossed before this is a good opportunity to get your feet wet as you don't have to be an SCCA member to compete. The atmosphere is really laid back and there are plenty of instructors to help out. The first event is on Saturday December 4th and the full schedule can be seen here... http://www.sjr-scca.org/solo.html Hope to see some of you out.

Matt

BlackTopKing
11-14-2010, 02:52 PM
This is something that i will have to make my way to, i have been swaring that i would get involved in for about 2years now but simply just have not taken the time to do so.

I really think i will have to just start...starting this event

Anything we need to bring?

hrdlydangerous
11-15-2010, 08:03 PM
All you need is you, your car, and a helmet. If you don't own a helmet there are loaners available. More than one person can drive the car at the same event. Your car should be road worthy with nothing in the interior flopping around. ( speaker boxes, CDs, etc.) The battery should be properly secured and the throttle should have a functioning return spring. Other than that you should pump up your tires 5 to 10 psi more than you run on the street. Have a list of mods done to your car so the event organizers can properly class it. Ask lots of questions and don't be afraid to ask for help. No one is a pro their first time out. Have fun.

198esp1
11-15-2010, 08:57 PM
i wont be able to make it, sold my rims to some guy. I wouldnt run those v710 in december. Im not racing till the spring, you will have to get up to the medowlands next season. over a 1,000,000 sq ft lot last course was 1.1 mile long

hrdlydangerous
11-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah. R-comps don't like the cold too much. Speaking of that sale. Can you shoot me an email documenting it for my budget? My Trans Am is pretty much in for the winter anyway with a full diet as well as new paint scheduled so I'll probably be running my DD RX8 on all seasons. That should be fun.

Meadowlands sounds sick BTW.

198esp1
11-15-2010, 10:51 PM
not a problem on the email just pm your email adress. how light do you think you can get the bird. Im waiting for my carbon fiber roof from blain, and my new to me rims 16x12 3 piece between the 2 of them im droping 72 lbs that should put me at 3000lbs

heres a video from my car at the meadowlands rumor is that there is going to be a pro solo there next season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5EvdIRygY

hrdlydangerous
11-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Awesome video. For those following along Millville is not that big but it is smoother. It looks like there are some big bumps on that course. I hope to get my car down to 3000# which should be possible because I don't have a cage in mine. Hopefully it will be even lighter in drag trim. I plan on swiss cheesing everything possible. Skin the hood and deck lid and remove everything I can. I'm gonna start a build thread one of these days.

198esp1
11-16-2010, 02:44 PM
with out the cage you should be able to get down to about 2800 on the cheap. Let me know if there is anything i can help you guys with.

88WS-6
01-23-2011, 01:26 PM
I would really like to make it down for the March 5th event, but it would be my first time auto-xing. Would anyone else like to try and make it down? My goal is to get a full tune-up, pass state inspection, and get brand new tires by then.

~Matt

198esp1
01-24-2011, 08:59 AM
I wont be ready by then im not going to order tires till about that time. I looking to be ready around the begining to middle of april.

88WS-6
01-24-2011, 01:35 PM
That's ok. I plan to be thoroughly addicted and joining the nnjr at etown in the spring

88WS-6
02-08-2011, 05:48 AM
My goal is still to make the 3/5 race, but my poor car still hasnt been touched. If I can't have the car ready by then, I will try for the nnjr at etown for spring auto-x.

198esp1
02-08-2011, 09:53 AM
if you have another car just take that, when you start out it doesnt matter what you drive you will still learn a ton. I have seen people show up in rentals

88WS-6
02-10-2011, 07:11 AM
My dd is a 05 trailblazer. I would probably tip it over haha