PDA

View Full Version : Brackets at CFRC on Sunday Dec 12th

kazman
12-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Getting ready to do my first racing in Florida. Hitting a money race at CFRC in Orlando. Putting the drag radial on the pony and making the 3 1/2 hour drive up from Ft Myers. Jumping into a shark feast. Apparently there is a division between East and West coast racers here in the sunny state.

Note to PamperedZ: Yes the mustang was trailered the 1200 miles down to Florida behind the U-haul moving van. The formula is currently at Paint Works in Stowe getting a make over with graphics. Base will be the original dark teal but I gave a free hand to Mike Barber to do whatever he wants. I took your advice and made the bird my avatar here. I'll update with the new paint scheme.

Anti_Rice_Guy
12-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Moving van...as in you're going to live with the old people now?

Good luck and can't wait to see the bird with new wings

kazman
12-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Moving van...as in you're going to live with the old people now?

Good luck and can't wait to see the bird with new wings

I am an old people. lol

Got rained out in Orlando last Sunday. I was in the burnout box for round 1 when the rains came blowing in.

Anti_Rice_Guy
12-15-2010, 06:15 PM
You better still come to the Nats with this new paint! haha

kazman
12-16-2010, 09:19 AM
You better still come to the Nats with this new paint! haha

The way I raced last time I can just send my entry and buyback directly to John. lol

Anti_Rice_Guy
12-16-2010, 10:04 AM
The way I raced last time I can just send my entry and buyback directly to John. lol

It's because I scared you off the night before, unsettled your racing nerves :lol:

kazman
12-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Was that the night the anouncer was saying there something wrong with that firebird? For the record I was lifting at 1000' trying to run 12.0. lol

Anti_Rice_Guy
12-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Was that the night the anouncer was saying there something wrong with that firebird? For the record I was lifting at 1000' trying to run 12.0. lol

Yeah that was the night lol. He referenced the duct tape too

kazman
12-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Yeah that was the night lol. He referenced the duct tape too

that was custom body work lol i need to put the radio back in the car. I didn't hear him maybe its best that i didn't

Pampered-Z
12-23-2010, 08:38 AM
So did you get the race in? I know a few racers from our track were going to go across the lower states after ponoma, then work back up the coast. But honestly, I haven't been keeping track of them.

Too bad you couldn't have the bird ready for your road trip, that thing ran so consistent last year.

Good luck and keep us posted.

We'll gt a crew together to bench race before the season opens. Looks like I'm in for a busy year, could be some "Interesting Races" on the 2011 schedule....

kazman
12-24-2010, 07:37 PM
John, CFRC was a rainout. Race is rescheduled for Jan 29. I got $100 of my $125 entry back and if you bring the wrist band to the Januray race you get a $25 credit towards entry.

Formula is a great bracket car with lots of on the fly options. 12.0 makes the car on the slow side but its been rock solid with more than a couple passes. I normally hold and drive the stripe. The driver has a bit to do with consistancy.