PDA

View Full Version : Orange we glad it's not snow!

SRC
02-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Terrible attempt at a joke I know, however I'm sure your all happy that its just rain.

Taking some free time to share a recently painted project. I know, not a Camaro, but I will post some shots of a killer 69 Z we recently repaired for a client soon.

Hopefully this will inspire those with winter projects and get you back in the garage this weekend to get ready for spring.

Click the link to see the car:

http://summitrodandcustom.com/1949-chevrolet-5-window/1973-cuda

JW
02-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Looks pretty sweet!

JW :D

sweetbmxrider
02-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Looks nice, would love to see that color in some sun.

SRC
02-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks, hopefully Monday will have some sun. Its an extremely light metallic with 90% orange and only a few % fine & medium aluminum flake in the original mix.

HardcoreZ28
02-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Looks pretty sweet....what brand paint do you normally spray?

How was the body on that thing to start with?

SRC
02-27-2011, 08:39 AM
Thank you. Its a two owner car, the current owner has had the car since 1974. Mostly garage kept its entire life, aside from a few cross country trips while he was in the service. Body was very nice w/ the exception of a few Mopar favorites such as a new trunk floor, new drivers quarter panel and a few engine compartment patches being needed. This project is 100% PPG Deltron series products from start to finish. We use HOK, PPG and Dupont;all depends on color choices and budget for each project.

HardcoreZ28
03-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Very nice. I like both PPG and DuPont products. Overall I think I like the PPG clear a lot better than DuPont. The DuPont clear seems to take FOREVER to harden. You can polish it out nice but even a month or more after you can leave marks in it with your fingers if you're not careful.

SRC
03-01-2011, 08:44 AM
I agree, the chroma clear is nice but soft for a while. Refinishers almost never understand our dilemmas w/respect to us almost always doing overall's than panel repairs. The PPG DC3000 is incredible for a fast dry system if you need to get it done in a hurry. Good for jambs, small parts or spot repairs. The tech sheet claims 1.5 hours to sand and buff!

HardcoreZ28
03-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Have you tried DuPont's Snap Dry Clear. I've been able to cut and buff it in 2 hours with no force dry. I use it a lot when I have to shoot bumpers and so forth for people. Or on jambs.

By the way West Coast Sheet Metal has that floor pan I need....thanks for the tip.