PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gen Convertible boot cabling/mechanism parts

PaceCarNut
08-28-2011, 09:01 AM
I recently picked up a very nice '90 IROC convertible and the boot cabling/mechanism assembly needs some attention. I have gotten the ASC diagrams off of thirdgen.org but would like to see if anyone here has a 3rd gen Camaro convertible with everything intact so I can compare mine with theirs?

Overall I think I need the following:

- Boot mechanical switch (part that is on the driver back seat side panel to open the boot)
- Cabling from the mechanical switch.

I am not sure what else but to compare mine to someones else's would be very helpful!

I live in Millstone Township, not far from Rt 33, just off of Millstone Road.

Anyone?

Bruce

Jared1970Chevelle
08-29-2011, 08:03 AM
im in the east rutherford area.... if you want to swing by to take a look or meet me at a car show that i go to... im down...

greenformula92
09-26-2011, 08:01 AM
if you need parts contact ted gerlach

is the button there or does it not work.....there is a relay in the console and also if there is a bad wire you have to trace it and find or the solenoids will not pop. the wire goes all the way into the trunk, accross the back pany by the taillights and accross the to other solenoid. if you have a bad wire it won't pop. also its hard to find another correct button, you may have to use a trunk popper if the button is bad or ted might have one floating around that works

good luck with it. i would still have mine but i couldn't deal with the squeaks anymore

ted gerlach
10-15-2011, 06:24 PM
i have a car or 2 to look at and many parts to fix them