PDA

View Full Version : Anyone at MCC take Automotive?

WayFast84
09-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Just wondering if anyone has taken the program there and how you liked it? was it informative? Did you end up getting a job in the industry or go somewhere else afterwords? Do they actually give you the ASE training? If you want PM me.

redsoxsstink
09-29-2011, 12:39 PM
i didnt know mcc had automotive. i thought brookdale was the only place that offered that program

WayFast84
09-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Yeah they have it in a program with the votech on campus. Just trying to get an honest perspective of the program before I waste even more time there.

Fast92RS
09-29-2011, 08:31 PM
If you mean Middlesex. I took it when it was the Ford ASSET program and the classes were in the ford plant in edison. It was a great program. While I went there, I worked at Loman Ford as part of the program. I heard its no longer the associated with ford and just a general program. I'm not sure how it is now.

coolmanvette75
09-30-2011, 10:36 AM
I heard that it wasnt that good. Brookdale on the other hand, has an excelent program.

WayFast84
09-30-2011, 11:55 AM
I don't think they are partnered with ford anymore. This is only going to happen at mcc since I go for free..

LuvMyF8LWS6
10-05-2011, 10:34 AM
They are still partnered with Ford. I was in the program when they were partnered with the Ford plant and it was great, landed me a job at Tom's Ford. I know the guy who heads the department, Tom Sabol, and they still train you for a certification in MLR through Ford, but I heard it's not the same like it used to be. But he would be the best person to talk to if you are really interested in the program. I know it's different now that it was years ago.

Also, its a real Associates Degree, which means you have to take general education classes as well as do field training.