PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Trans am Restoration

86blackbetty
09-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Hi everyone ...This is a 1986 Trans Am LG4 305/V8 Auto. My dad bought her in 1989 and used it as a daily driver up until 2000 when he purchased a newer car. Therefore the car was parked in the backyard and left there for 11 years till about a month ago. The car was still in running condition and well maintained inside when it was parked. I myself have always loved all fbodys but really love the 3rd gens, but things happen and i ended up buying an integra, instead of fixing the bird :-? . About a month ago me and my dad decided to bring it back to life. We filled the tires with a air compressor and where surprised to find out that they held air (still have those tires on for now). The car did not start so we had it towed to my mechanic. The car was given a tune up, new timing chain, distributor, alternator, belts, hoses, brakes, thermostat and relay, Kyb Shocks, FloTech shorty Headers, 2.5inch piping no cat, 80 series Flowmaster. The interior is clean. The steering wheel has a little rust and the center lid is cracked. I removed the headliner, sail panel, and visor to get redone with black suede. I also found me a nice pair of 02 ws6 black leather seats for it. Used dash pad with no cracks. None of the interior is installed yet. We will be installing it after we finish painting the car(rustoleum lol). We just started sanding her down,the cars body is in good condition with some paint chips. (i am no professional nor is my dad) Hope this works. It cant come out worse than how it was . Future plans are to lower it on some sportlines with gta gold honeycombs, a cam( just want to swap out the stock cam in the Lg4), posi rear with a new set of gears and in the FUTURE a 350 swap. The pictures where it looks shiny is because the car was wet :) ,, but you can tell the difference when its all dried up. I'll keep the updates coming :) and any advice will help ! Im trying to upload my pictures(jpeg) but i think there to big .. how do i make them smaller ?

86blackbetty
09-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Found out how to resize the pictures :)

86blackbetty
09-30-2011, 12:33 AM
more pictures the car is wet in one of them

86blackbetty
09-30-2011, 12:34 AM
need to sand it on some more spots where paint is chipping

sweetbmxrider
09-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Looks like its coming along well. Fun project too, best of luck!

chrisfrom nj
09-30-2011, 07:41 AM
nice project

86blackbetty
09-30-2011, 10:57 AM
thanx guys

88WS-6
09-30-2011, 09:50 PM
I have owned two different 86 LG4 Trans Ams. Have fun with it and don't forget to change the trans fluid/filter and rear diff fluid.

~Matt

btownws6
09-30-2011, 11:40 PM
good luck with it

HardcoreZ28
10-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Good luck with it.....but really why cheap out and shoot it with Rustoleum? You can probably get a good single stage paint and a cheap spray gun for under $500. It'll be a much better finish and more durable.

maroman88
10-01-2011, 10:13 AM
or a macco job with a waranty!

good luck n stick with it!

86blackbetty
10-01-2011, 06:17 PM
I have owned two different 86 LG4 Trans Ams. Have fun with it and don't forget to change the trans fluid/filter and rear diff fluid.

~Matt

Only reason i havent changed it because somewhere in another forum i read it was bad to change the trans fluid on a car thats been sitting so long... it doesnt make any sense to me, which is y i will be changing it. thanx for the advice

86blackbetty
10-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Good luck with it.....but really why cheap out and shoot it with Rustoleum? You can probably get a good single stage paint and a cheap spray gun for under $500. It'll be a much better finish and more durable.

i know rustoleum is the cheap way out , and will not look as good as a single stage,, but currently im recieving unemployment and have alot of time on my hands...so this fits my budget for now. i have been putting in alot of time into the prep work....we'll see how it comes out :/ ....ill post updates pics of the paint.

86blackbetty
10-01-2011, 06:23 PM
or a macco job with a waranty!

good luck n stick with it!

had a car done with maaco before and did no like it much..i feel i can do better lol...but if worse comes to worse and this paint comes out like crap,,then i will be maccoing it lol

86blackbetty
10-01-2011, 06:26 PM
recently bought some ws6 16 inch formula rims...not the gold mesh gta,,but they will do for now..ill post pics up of them. paid 100 for 5 rims with 4 good tires and caps ,,,couldnt pass up that deal ,,but had to drive to CT for it ..ill post pics tomorrow of them

88WS-6
10-03-2011, 05:17 AM
Only reason i havent changed it because somewhere in another forum i read it was bad to change the trans fluid on a car thats been sitting so long... it doesnt make any sense to me, which is y i will be changing it. thanx for the advice

Where did you hear that? Were they talking about a 23 year old car or a newer car that sits?

greenformula92
10-03-2011, 07:24 AM
where people run into problems is when they only change part of the transmission fluid. IE only pan and filter. if its never been changed before its a good idea to change the pan gasket and filter and follow that up with getting a shop to do a machine flush, that replaces 99% of the fluid

BigAls87Z28
10-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Trans service can be a bad move for several reasons.
Depending on the condition of the fluid, you might not want to do it. Burnt fluid could be an indication that there are other problems. Trans fluid replacement, along with a filter, is a maintenance thing, not a fix-it thing, which lots of people think that's when they have to do it. Over time, the tolerances between clutch packs and other parts become looser, but the particles and dirt in the fluid help make up the difference. When you replace that dirty fluid, those loose tolerances show themselves with slipping shifts.
If it hasn't been maintained, I would be worried about doing it. Sitting or not, check the fluid.

88WS-6
10-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Yes to be more correct and in-depth, flush the trans and then change the fluids/filter. Maybe have a local shop check it out after the flush and/or get it rebuilt.

A 25 year old 700R4 with only 5,000 miles would probably still need a rebuild.

86blackbetty
10-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Where did you hear that? Were they talking about a 23 year old car or a newer car that sits?

i believe i heard that at a thirdgen forum..and yes they where talking about a 23 yr old car...thanx for the advice.

86blackbetty
10-03-2011, 05:34 PM
where people run into problems is when they only change part of the transmission fluid. IE only pan and filter. if its never been changed before its a good idea to change the pan gasket and filter and follow that up with getting a shop to do a machine flush, that replaces 99% of the fluid

thanx for the advice will keep that in mind if i decide to change it

86blackbetty
10-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Trans service can be a bad move for several reasons.
Depending on the condition of the fluid, you might not want to do it. Burnt fluid could be an indication that there are other problems. Trans fluid replacement, along with a filter, is a maintenance thing, not a fix-it thing, which lots of people think that's when they have to do it. Over time, the tolerances between clutch packs and other parts become looser, but the particles and dirt in the fluid help make up the difference. When you replace that dirty fluid, those loose tolerances show themselves with slipping shifts.
If it hasn't been maintained, I would be worried about doing it. Sitting or not, check the fluid.

thanx for the advice bigal ...the tranny seems fine right now,,its not slipping and shifts smoothly...i guess ill just ride this one out,,and if worse comes to worse,,ill buy a rebuilt one or have it rebuilt

86blackbetty
10-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Here is the car with the new rims and tires i just purchased ...i plan on polishing the lips on the rims...car is primed and reeady for paint.. :)... I will be painting the cars interior black in the next 2 days to match the black leather seats i have and black headliner,sail panels and visors...then the outside ...everyone stay tuned

maroman88
10-03-2011, 10:36 PM
like the new wheels! eeeeek on painting interior plastics, just find black pieces. that paint chips pretty easily with any kind of flex to the panels if u have to pull one out

sweetbmxrider
10-04-2011, 07:21 AM
I've had great luck with duplicolor's vinyl and fabric paint? Hell, I've seen door panel leather painted with it and I could poke it all day long, would never know it was painted.

88WS-6
10-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Looks good. Makes me wish I had time to work on my car...

T69SS
10-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Looking good

86blackbetty
10-07-2011, 08:00 PM
ok i just finished painting the interior black and installing the passenger and rear seats. The drivers seat is at a upholstry spot getting fixed, and i should have that back by thursday the latest.. i can say i actually like how the black interior paint job came out. Here is a pic of the car. I only painted the carpeted area on the door panels, i still had not finished the right on. I didnt get a chance to take some of it with the seats in it since by the time i installed them it was already dark. Idk if anyone noticed the gooseneck equalizer in the middle ,, i believe that what they were called. i feel like leaving it in since it matches the amber interior lights .. should I ? Ill try and have some new pics tomorrow. I should be done by tomorrow installing the sail panels, headliner and visors :)

86blackbetty
10-07-2011, 08:02 PM
i forgot to mention i installed new foglights. I love to drive with my foglights on only... Its looks mean when u see it in a rear view :)

86blackbetty
10-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Before all this i forgot to mention , The car needed new tie rods inner and outer, sleeves and the center link... This was done yesterday. car had some wheel play and felt like it slid front left to right on higher speeds i noticed this driving to get the alignment..got the alignment and felt way less play,,but still some,,,,but now the car didnt feel like it slid left to right as much,,just a tiny bit....,so this morning i took it to my friend who balanced the tires and told me the front 2 where slightly dent.....the car now feel good ,,,with a tiny i mean like less than half a inch of wheel play to the right. maybe its the SLIGHTLY bent rims up front ? :shock: But the car does not have that sliding feeling i felt now.

enRo
10-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Wow. That's my first car. Well, not that exact car, but same year/color/stripes/engine/trans. Looking at those pictures bring back memories of mine. Very good find.

86blackbetty
10-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Well here are some new pics of my newly painted interior with suede headliner,sail panels and visors, Its also missing the driviers seat , it should be done tomorrow, they still have me waiting. Came out pretty good i think. It still needs little details inside to make it complete..such as that clip on the top of the sail panel broke,need a center console, seatbelt guide and the shift boot :/...after thats done ill be happy, even though some music would be nice . Once i get my seat i shall begin to paint

86blackbetty
10-11-2011, 09:53 PM
cleaned them up real good , and painted them.

86blackbetty
10-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Wow. That's my first car. Well, not that exact car, but same year/color/stripes/engine/trans. Looking at those pictures bring back memories of mine. Very good find.

Yea theyre nice... im debating whether to put the stripes back on once i paint it or not :?:

86blackbetty
10-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Starting to paint tomorrow...should have some pics up

86blackbetty
10-16-2011, 11:45 PM
started laying down the first coat yesterday....and rolled the second one on today...next ill be wetsanding ,and another coat after. all together i should be laying down about 6 coats

WildBillyT
10-17-2011, 11:05 AM
started laying down the first coat yesterday....and rolled the second one on today...next ill be wetsanding ,and another coat after. all together i should be laying down about 6 coats

Rolled?

BonzoHansen
10-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Rolled?

Yup
...We will be installing it after we finish painting the car(rustoleum lol...

WildBillyT
10-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Yup

I have both Rustoleum in a gallon can and in spray cans. Plus my subframe was done with R-O pro through an HVLP. I guess I didn't assume he was rolling it.

BonzoHansen
10-17-2011, 02:16 PM
I have both Rustoleum in a gallon can and in spray cans. Plus my subframe was done with R-O pro through an HVLP. I guess I didn't assume he was rolling it.True. But I'm guessing he has been exposed to the infamous 'I rolled my dodge with rustoleum' internet info.

86blackbetty
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
True. But I'm guessing he has been exposed to the infamous 'I rolled my dodge with rustoleum' internet info.

hmmm...ok roger and ebert lol.....hey i wish i had a gun...maybe both of you guys would like to contribute and raise some money to get me a compressor....I was actually introduced to the paint job on thirdgen...Just finished wetsanding the 2nd coat, waiting for the car to dry to ROLL on the 3rd coat. Who knows maybe ill get some compliments in the end ;) and if i do mess it up well i guess thats why we can pay a professional to do it. :-P.....and by the way u cant say some of thoses paint jobs dont look good...some really do...have some hope fellas

BonzoHansen
10-17-2011, 03:47 PM
I really hope it comes out great. I've never seen such a paint job in person.

86blackbetty
10-17-2011, 09:30 PM
I really hope it comes out great. I've never seen such a paint job in person.

If it looks good ill let u see it If it doesnt ,well i guess u wouldnt want to see it lol

86blackbetty
10-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Ok this is some more pics of the paint. I sanded with 600 then rolled the 3rd coat on. Came out better .Nowhere near perfect . Has some reflection to it. Im still not even half way done,need more coats. I expect better results tomorrow with a 1000 grit sand down and the 4th coat.

86blackbetty
10-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Pic.. Still needs work i know

79T/A
10-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Actually not horrible for being done with a roller, but is this the Rustoleum satin finish paint or are you actually shooting for a shiny finish? If you're going for the satin or dull finish, you're doing too good a job wet sanding!

WildBillyT
10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Actually not horrible for being done with a roller, but is this the Rustoleum satin finish paint or are you actually shooting for a shiny finish? If you're going for the satin or dull finish, you're doing too good a job wet sanding!

I agree. For a roller paint job that looks very good.

Only thing I'd mention is that too many coats may not be the way to go as the paint may be too thick. But I'm no body man.

86blackbetty
10-18-2011, 06:33 PM
I bought the gloss black. I was suppose to wetsand today but decided not to since the first 3 coats where very thin. I did sand after my 2nd coat though. I thinned the paint less this time. So i will be sanding tomorrow with a higher grit and then the 5th coat. Im doing this till i sand the car down with 2000 grit then polish. Its getting more gloss and shine after every coat. Ill take some pics of the 4th coat tommorow before i wetsand

86blackbetty
10-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Rainy day :( Project on hold for today only

B4C
10-19-2011, 03:21 PM
I used the roller paint job on a Nova I had, turned out really good but I had about 12 (really thin coats 50/50 paint and thinner) coats of paint on it. Keep it up it will look good, it ended up being really shinney. Had I not sold the car it woulda looked even better cut and buffed but I didnt get that far.

86blackbetty
10-19-2011, 03:40 PM
I used the roller paint job on a Nova I had, turned out really good but I had about 12 (really thin coats 50/50 paint and thinner) coats of paint on it. Keep it up it will look good, it ended up being really shinney. Had I not sold the car it woulda looked even better cut and buffed but I didnt get that far.

Thanx man..im shooting for about 8 coats. since the car was already black. im laying them on pretty thin also i would say about 55/45 lol. Im just so pissed right now since i left the can of mineral spirits outside with no cap on and it rained :shock: . I do plan on sanding it with 2k grit in the end then buff..hopefully it comes out good. Thanx for the vote of confidence . what color did u use btw?

86blackbetty
10-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Ok i didnt sand after the third coat. I decided to add one more coat and then sanded down with 800 grit. I then layed this 5th coat and its coming out much smoother and better reflection with way less orange peel. Just a couple more coats and sand downs remaining.

86blackbetty
10-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Ok i layed down the 6th coat and tomorrow i will sand with 1000 grit. What do you guys think so far? The vents im going to take out and paint separate,kinda hard to get to with the roller

86blackbetty
10-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Looks better in the bigger pics original size. I would post bigger pics, BUT idk how to post them in here without having u have to click on to enlarge it. Anyone care to help :?:

BonzoHansen
10-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Looks better in the bigger pics original size. I would post bigger pics, BUT idk how to post them in here without having u have to click on to enlarge it. Anyone care to help :?:

Get a photobucket account

86blackbetty
10-24-2011, 10:14 PM

86blackbetty
10-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Get a photobucket account

Ok i made one,,now how do iget that picture in here..i tried copying the url... ok here ima try again

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/31.jpg

86blackbetty
10-24-2011, 10:17 PM
my fender has a dent in it

86blackbetty
10-24-2011, 10:18 PM
here is a bigger pic,,like i said this is the 6th coat,,and still have 2 more coats lefts to do and 3 more sessions of sanding.. Not that bad i think,and this sis only with 800 grit

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/30.jpg

86blackbetty
10-24-2011, 10:22 PM
I will be removing the vents to paint them separte,,or i might get lazy and go over them with the last 2 coats i have to do.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/32.jpg

sweetbmxrider
10-25-2011, 07:17 AM
I think it looks good in the pics. You seem to be going about it the best way you can. Keep at it!

86blackbetty
10-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanx man...but now is the time that im like F8cK it....Im starting to get lazy and really dont want to sand anymore...im doing all by hand ,,,but i keep telling myself to get ir done. Ima go sand and put one more coat. If its not to dark by when im done ill post new pics of it

sweetbmxrider
10-25-2011, 10:49 AM
The effort you put in now is miniscule to the time you'll enjoy it later. Suck it up and sand off your finger prints!

Tru2Chevy
10-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Yea, I'm sure you are sick of sanding and rolling at this point, but you have come this far, would suck to see you mess up an otherwise decent looking paintjob over a case of laziness.

- Justin

86blackbetty
10-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Yea, I'm sure you are sick of sanding and rolling at this point, but you have come this far, would suck to see you mess up an otherwise decent looking paintjob over a case of laziness.

- Justin

Sick of sanding yes literaly took me about 4 5 hours ...the rolling is easy just takes patience,,,,nothing some good tunes cant help out....just finished rolling the 7th coat...its late ,, but im trying to get this done soon....i wetsanded earlier with 1000 grit..,,so they paint looks even better and smoother now than the pics i have up before. Ill take more pics of it when i have the 8th coat on it. Hopefully it doesnt rain so hard tomorrow

86blackbetty
10-26-2011, 01:02 AM
The effort you put in now is miniscule to the time you'll enjoy it later. Suck it up and sand off your finger prints!

Your right ...lol you know whats funny i actually did sand of some of my skin on my fingers till it bled......and i dont heal as quick as i used to when i was a kid...i was like wolverine when i was younger...I had to use a bandaid today cause it was just getting worse as i was sanding today

B4C
10-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanx man..im shooting for about 8 coats. since the car was already black. im laying them on pretty thin also i would say about 55/45 lol. Im just so pissed right now since i left the can of mineral spirits outside with no cap on and it rained :shock: . I do plan on sanding it with 2k grit in the end then buff..hopefully it comes out good. Thanx for the vote of confidence . what color did u use btw?

I had used the royal blue...Paints looking good :nod:
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r257/BrokeChevy/72%20Nova%20For%20Sale/DSCF3871.jpg

86blackbetty
10-26-2011, 11:42 PM
I had used the royal blue...Paints looking good :nod:
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r257/BrokeChevy/72%20Nova%20For%20Sale/DSCF3871.jpg

Looks good has shine to it...u said u sold her before u got to cut and polish? Imagine if it was....i just finshed laying down the 8th and last coat...now some sanding with 1500 then 2000 then some compound. ill try and have this done by the end of this week with some fresh pics

86blackbetty
10-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Well all my neighbors seem to think its coming along great and cant believe its the product of a roller and some rustoleum. Im anxious to start its final sand then compound it. If things go as planned, it SHOULD look better than what it already is. 8-)

sweetbmxrider
10-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Get some close up shots too!

86blackbetty
10-31-2011, 10:50 PM
So i been getting somewhat lazy to give it its last color sanding and compound it... I wanted to enjoy it so i took it out for a spin and put air in the tire.. It sure is a head tuner. I went to go put air in the tire when the owner of a pizza shop across the gas station approached me and asked if i was selling it, and offered me 6k for her..i was surprised, but still would not even think about selling her. Here is a picture of it with the 8th coat..car has a rubberized wing. havent made up my mind if i want another rubber one or fiberglass one. Remember still havent color sanded with 2000 grit or compounded it. It also snowed on the car during the storm , but nothing happened to the paint.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/40.jpg

86blackbetty
10-31-2011, 11:20 PM
Has a dent on front fender..i was not able to pop it all out

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/41.jpg

86blackbetty
10-31-2011, 11:26 PM
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/35.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/42.jpg

86blackbetty
10-31-2011, 11:28 PM
some older pics made bigger

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/37.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/34-1.jpg

86blackbetty
11-02-2011, 08:15 PM
ok well today i decided i would finish the wetsanding process with the 1500 and 2000 grit. It took me about 5 hours to get it done. It still has some minor orange peel tiny dots near the edges, since the paint is lower there. I didnt have time to compound it since it got dark, im leaving that for tomorrow and to spot sand any orange peel i didnt get perfectly smooth. Here are some pics of the car sanded down with 2000 grit. Its a big difference in how the cars paint feels now. It feels so smooth ,really smooth . Lets see how this meguiars ultimate compound works tomorrow.

2000grit

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/45.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/47.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/48.jpg

sweetbmxrider
11-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Sounds like you are really putting the effort in. I just watched a car go through wetsanding and buffing, it is a lot of work! Props and can't wait to see the finished rolljob!

86blackbetty
11-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Sounds like you are really putting the effort in. I just watched a car go through wetsanding and buffing, it is a lot of work! Props and can't wait to see the finished rolljob!

Thanks hopefully i finish by tomorrow. The sanding was much easier this time since it barely had orange peel. Tomorrow will be a first for me using compound. Gathering up all the information i can tongiht to do it right. Im also doing it by hand.

86blackbetty
11-04-2011, 04:57 PM
So i started to polish the car by hand, 1/3 done with the hood and i was more tired than sanding. I noticed it would take forever, so i went to harbor freight and bought a 15 dollar polisher. Best thing i did,wish i wouldve bought it before i even began sanding. I finished polishing both sides of the car. I still need to do the hood,gfx,edges,front and rear bumpers. Here is a picture so far. Im happy with the reflection it has, not to bad. It took me today about 4-5 hours,and that was with the polisher. Tomorrow i should be finished with the rest. Ill have pics of the finished product tomorrow. After the paint im not sure of what to do next. I have the tints. Maybe that will be next. This should be easier since ive done tinits before. Anybody have any ideas of what i should work on next besides the motor?

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/49.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/50.jpg

86blackbetty
11-06-2011, 01:53 PM
ok well im done with the roller paint job ,still need a little compound here and there,,here are some pics, next up for now is some tints..ill try and do them tomorrow.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/66.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/53.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/64.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/67.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/62.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/73.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/70.jpg

sweetbmxrider
11-06-2011, 04:05 PM
That looks ****ing awesome!

86blackbetty
11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
That looks ****ing awesome!

Thanx !

Kat
11-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Good job man! I wouldn't mind seeing that in person!

86blackbetty
11-06-2011, 06:47 PM
If they ever have a meet up around north jersey you'll see me there :)

The Fixer
11-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Good job man! I wouldn't mind seeing that in person!

Agreed! Looks like a ton of time involved, but hell, the end result looks good! Hopefully it holds up long-term for you. Based on other reviews, it should (I've seen the white Corvair website). Kudos for sticking with it and finishing the job!

86blackbetty
11-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Agreed! Looks like a ton of time involved, but hell, the end result looks good! Hopefully it holds up long-term for you. Based on other reviews, it should (I've seen the white Corvair website). Kudos for sticking with it and finishing the job!

Thanks TPI. i plan on waxing it , Here is another pic. 1 more wouldnt hurt . i mustve took about 50 pictures :). Since this was my first time it was very time consuming, but if i were to do it again i can probably get it done in half the time now.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/52.jpg

TAdan
11-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Very nice job! Even more impressive that it was done with a roller.

BonzoHansen
11-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Wow!!!!!

Anti_Rice_Guy
11-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Man, your hard work really paid off! That looks great.

86blackbetty
11-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks guys... Today I tried installing the pre cut tints that i bought of ebay. I messed up the first one. The tint got stuck together :oops: . Now i know how to go about it if i was to do the other one,but id rather pay a pro at this moment than order another set of ebay.

zraffz
11-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Very nice paint job. Where in North Jersey are you? I would love to see it in person (if it's good you can spray my fenders/bumpers/headlight covers on my car and make some cash if you'd be interested).

86blackbetty
11-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Very nice paint job. Where in North Jersey are you? I would love to see it in person (if it's good you can spray my fenders/bumpers/headlight covers on my car and make some cash if you'd be interested).

Thanx,,Im up around Clifton... i wouldnt mind letting u see it in person. Its not perfect but honestly came out better than my old auto body guy, but thats only because he was cheap. Lol also it was rolled on,,with rustoleum,,so the color options are very limited lol

86blackbetty
11-08-2011, 10:45 PM
some different views... Dent on fender way more noticable now that its polished.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/74.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/77.jpg

79T/A
11-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Holy crap! Those are incredible results for a roller job. Nice return on the effort you put in. Any chance you can pull that dent out? You've done so much work, it would be worth it to fix that.

86blackbetty
11-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Holy crap! Those are incredible results for a roller job. Nice return on the effort you put in. Any chance you can pull that dent out? You've done so much work, it would be worth it to fix that.

i know,,but ive never tried taking out a dent of a car.. It would probably be easier if i just bought a new fender and painted it. Thats the only reason i havent ordered the stripes for it, since the bumper is dented

wretched73
11-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Pick up a used fender for cheap and paint it up. Your paint job came out way to nice to still have a dent in the fender

86blackbetty
11-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Pick up a used fender for cheap and paint it up. Your paint job came out way to nice to still have a dent in the fender

Yea im gonna keep my eye open out there for a fender,,,if anyone knows of any please let me know ill be glad to take it off your hands

amargari
11-15-2011, 08:27 PM
That is amazing for a roller job.

86blackbetty
11-15-2011, 08:44 PM
That is amazing for a roller job.

Thanx man! It is im surprised myself to tell u the truth...i did not think it would come out looking half as nice as it does... I actually polished the car again last night . It rained today and tomorrow so i will be waxing it on thursday. Hopefully it will add more depth to the paint and look blacker and wetter.

86blackbetty
11-15-2011, 09:05 PM
I need some quick opinions guys. Dont want to regret the color of the sticker i put on. Either these which were the stock ones the car came with(SILVER),,,,,,or should i get them in GOLD? I do plan at one point buying some gold gta rims..

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/78.jpg

The Fixer
11-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Keep those decals, and get GTA wheels with dark graphite centers. :)

86blackbetty
11-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Keep those decals, and get GTA wheels with dark graphite centers. :)

Thanks TPI.. your right that would look nice..never seen it,,but can picture it,,,i like the way u think :-D

86blackbetty
11-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Ok well im going to give this a go and post some video of the car. These are from the beginning . Ill post a new one up once i wax it. My poor gf was removing the glue from the strips haha...im so thankful she helps me out :) ... The car was parked in the yard for over a decade and never touched,you can see my dads old beeper in the back seat as well as a gooseneck equalizer . Sorry for repeating myself so much, First times making a video.

Exhaust and header 2.5 no cat. My dad driving it. This was right before i began sanding her down,as you can see it still had the old blue plates

35Gmk_r5ydw

RoTQvEzDV-4

wcMQXRzCflE

86blackbetty
11-18-2011, 04:07 PM
This is the car today before i waxed it....its only polished.. I just noticed i was recording with only 480p and my phone does 720p. I finished waxing it but its to dark to take a video now... looks much more darker and wetter. Ill try and post a video tomorrow of it .

ymTKVLIBMvE

T69SS
11-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Car is really looking good! Keep it up

86blackbetty
11-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Car is really looking good! Keep it up

Thanks!

86blackbetty
11-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Ok here is the car waxed with some liquid wax ..looks much better to me. Has more depth and looks wetter. Also installed the decals on it. Tomorrow i will be taking a drive up to upstate ny. 2.5 hr drive to pick up some GTA rims well worth it to me...:)...super excited ...always wanted those. I wil have to restore those from what i was told since the clear coat is peeling.. Ill have pics of them tomorrow to see what im working with. Sorry about the video being somewhat dark...I just finished about and hour ago

HuCa3LPYayQ

T69SS
11-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Amazing what some wax will do, very nice!

86blackbetty
11-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Amazing what some wax will do, very nice!

Thanks ....It is amazing, i didnt think it would make so much of a difference but it does!!..the results in person are very noticable from it being waxed and not waxed

86blackbetty
11-21-2011, 11:32 PM
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/79.jpg

86blackbetty
01-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Ok so i been gone for awhile. Hows everyone been....I decided today on the coldest day of the winter so far to wash my car. It was in need of it . It was so cold the water was freezing and turning to ice while washing it ,but that just shows how much i love her :). I figured id take some new pics of her with her new shoes. I think i definetly shouldve gone with the gold stickers instead.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/86.png

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/85.png

Anti_Rice_Guy
01-04-2012, 10:52 AM
That looks really good!

86blackbetty
01-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanx !

LS1ow
01-05-2012, 08:48 AM
my god that is impressive! cant beleive it came out that good with a roller ! looks great man keep it up!

oh btw, what part of north jersey you in? the pic of your car on the towtruck in the first post looks like a shop i deal with at work in garfield.

WayFast84
01-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Looks nice, I have a spoiler you can have for cheap, brand new.

86blackbetty
01-05-2012, 11:18 PM
my god that is impressive! cant beleive it came out that good with a roller ! looks great man keep it up!

oh btw, what part of north jersey you in? the pic of your car on the towtruck in the first post looks like a shop i deal with at work in garfield.

Thanx man i cant believe it myself either!..Im in Clifton ...and that shop right there is actually in Paterson. You have a shop?

86blackbetty
01-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Looks nice, I have a spoiler you can have for cheap, brand new.

Thanks man..sounds good im interested pm me

86blackbetty
01-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Heres a video with a better camera...cant be without my yellow microfiber cloth lol...I rev it a little in the end.

a1xzAbab1e4&list

LS1ow
01-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Thanx man i cant believe it myself either!..Im in Clifton ...and that shop right there is actually in Paterson. You have a shop?

nah i dont got a shop thats a buiness. my dad has one for personal use.

im right in carlstadt, well have to cruise down to the meets together or something man. look forward to meeting you

86blackbetty
01-06-2012, 12:37 PM
nah i dont got a shop thats a buiness. my dad has one for personal use.

im right in carlstadt, well have to cruise down to the meets together or something man. look forward to meeting you

Yea definitely, same here man ...I should be going to the one in feb at v17. I still dont have that much faith in the car to take it over a hour drive. Hasnt failed me yet , but dont really want to risk getting stuck far. Once summer comes its a must for me to go down the shore with the ttops off. Something i want to experience as the driver this time.

LS1ow
01-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Yea definitely, same here man ...I should be going to the one in feb at v17. I still dont have that much faith in the car to take it over a hour drive. Hasnt failed me yet , but dont really want to risk getting stuck far. Once summer comes its a must for me to go down the shore with the ttops off. Something i want to experience as the driver this time.

i feel the same way about my car. its just my luck

86blackbetty
01-06-2012, 12:46 PM
i feel the same way about my car. its just my luck

What car do u have if you dont mind me asking

LS1ow
01-06-2012, 12:47 PM
2001 Z28 and a 95 Jeep.

86blackbetty
01-06-2012, 12:51 PM
2001 Z28 and a 95 Jeep.

nice i knew it was something with a ls1 in it :drool:

86blackbetty
02-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Finally got my tints done. 35 % solargaurd ....doesnt look to bad. In the mail i have a set of eibach sportlines coming in :)

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/99.jpg

maroman88
02-02-2012, 05:28 PM
that looks awesome! one more year until i can get the QQ plates for my camaro! ugh cant wait lol

86blackbetty
02-02-2012, 11:33 PM
that looks awesome! one more year until i can get the QQ plates for my camaro! ugh cant wait lol

Thanks man! Next year will be here before you know it..

PolarBear
02-03-2012, 09:20 AM

Huh? 1986+25=2011. You could have gotten them last year 8-) I know because I got them for the 86 Vette I bought!

WildBillyT
02-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Huh? 1986+25=2011. You could have gotten them last year 8-) I know because I got them for the 86 Vette I bought!

Too bad his Camaro is an 88.

Anti_Rice_Guy
02-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Too bad his Camaro is an 88.

Bear mistook the OP for maroman88. OP's car is an 86.

PolarBear
02-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Bear mistook the OP for maroman88. OP's car is an 86.

:nod:

86blackbetty
02-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Just got my springs in. I have a quick question. Will i NEED a adjustable panhard bar when lowering it with these? I plan on getting it regardless.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/104.jpg

sweetbmxrider
02-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Usually yeah, the rear kicks to the driver side.

89 Trans Am WS6
02-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Nice work man!! Got a kick following your post, reminds me of the "good ol days" lol.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/333653/1989-pontiac-trans-am/page-3
to

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/333653/1989-pontiac-trans-am/page-6

Theres a ton of other pics, havnt touched the pages in years. I miss my old car, except the ugly ass floor mats and seat covers...lol

Good luck with it and thanks for the trip down memory lane haha

86blackbetty
03-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Nice work man!! Got a kick following your post, reminds me of the "good ol days" lol.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/333653/1989-pontiac-trans-am/page-3
to

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/333653/1989-pontiac-trans-am/page-6

Theres a ton of other pics, havnt touched the pages in years. I miss my old car, except the ugly ass floor mats and seat covers...lol

Good luck with it and thanks for the trip down memory lane haha

Lol thanks man......I feel like that everyday when i see it....by the way nice car why did you get rid of it?

86blackbetty
03-22-2012, 12:30 AM
So its been nice this past week so i decided id paint all the little pieces i missed last year since it got to cold. I got to paint the trim on the hatch, trims on the ttops ,middle ttop bar and my 3rd brake light cover. It makes a BIG difference now...the car looks more complete. Still needs alot of work.. It hasnt even been a year and shes come along way. HEre are some pics of the third brake light cover

This is just painted with the can not rolled on.. same process though.
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/122.jpg

Here it is sanded with 1500 and 2000. tiny specs of orange peel stilll there.
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/119.jpg

Polished ...no wax
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/121.jpg

greenformula92
03-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Lookin good

NjbadSS
03-22-2012, 08:33 AM
car looks great! did you clear it?

86blackbetty
03-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks greenformula .
Thanks njbadss..and no i just put some wax on it afterward.

86blackbetty
04-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Ok i finally got to having my sportline springs, adjustable panhard bar and steering brace wonderbar. The car feels much better as expected. Next plans are some Gta sway bars and some LCA...Should also make a notable difference... I was worried the sportlines would be to low but their fine. Good thing i went with them instead of the pro kit....Here are some before and after shots

BEFORE
check out the yellow 3rd gen in the back
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/8.jpg
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/7.jpg
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/1.jpg

AFTER
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/6.jpg
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/5.jpg
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/2.jpg

The Fixer
04-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Wow, looks great! Love the stance!

L695speed
04-15-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't know if they're that much lower than the Pro Kit. My car (granted it doesn't have an engine up front and many interior parts are out) seems to be not that much higher out back. I think it depends on how its setup or installed. I've seen cars with sportlines that seem higher than pro kits, and I've seen pro kits that are higher than stock. However, my car is definitely lower than stock. I'm basing this on the way the rear of the car is. The front doesn't have the front springs in yet as they're being ungrateful little bastards....

Anyway, I remember those little Trans Am rides. Don't see them much anymore. The car looks great, can't tell its a roll on paintjob.

86blackbetty
04-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Wow, looks great! Love the stance!

Thanks!

I don't know if they're that much lower than the Pro Kit. My car (granted it doesn't have an engine up front and many interior parts are out) seems to be not that much higher out back. I think it depends on how its setup or installed. I've seen cars with sportlines that seem higher than pro kits, and I've seen pro kits that are higher than stock. However, my car is definitely lower than stock. I'm basing this on the way the rear of the car is. The front doesn't have the front springs in yet as they're being ungrateful little bastards....

Anyway, I remember those little Trans Am rides. Don't see them much anymore. The car looks great, can't tell its a roll on paintjob.

Thanks...I thought it would be lower honestly.. But after riding with them i figured any lower and it would be a pain in the a$$ to drive. The car drops a noticable difference once im in the car or have someone in with me,so any lower would be bad.

86blackbetty
04-26-2012, 12:09 PM
i was bored waiting and saw this around so i figured y not.. shes dirty but i like it

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/9.jpg

86blackbetty
04-26-2012, 02:56 PM
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/10.jpg

sweetbmxrider
04-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Still blows me away you rolled this thing.

greenformula92
04-27-2012, 07:45 AM

They will get a little lower. they have to settle

86blackbetty
04-27-2012, 02:46 PM

Thanks i cant either...not perfect though i couldve done a better job.

They will get a little lower. they have to settle
Thanks...i wonder how much more. i was able to get up my driveway with a small 2x4 board when i first had them on. Now 2 weeks later with the same board it scrapes now.

86blackbetty
04-27-2012, 02:48 PM
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/18-1.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/27.jpg

L695speed
04-27-2012, 10:57 PM

Me too.

greenformula92
04-28-2012, 08:52 AM
they are supposed to be a 1.25 inch drop aren't they?

86blackbetty
04-29-2012, 06:02 PM
they are supposed to be a 1.25 inch drop aren't they?

1.75 front and 1.50 rear i think i know the front is suppose to be a lower drop.

greenformula92
04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
the should settle to about that when all is said and done

86blackbetty
05-05-2012, 05:18 PM
the should settle to about that when all is said and done

when i first lowered it i would fit 3 fingers in the gap..now its down to 2.

86blackbetty
05-05-2012, 05:22 PM
New pictures from this week

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/24.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/26.jpg

89 Trans Am WS6
05-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Lol thanks man......I feel like that everyday when i see it....by the way nice car why did you get rid of it?

Was going to LTI at the time and she started acting up and I needed a car to get me to school so I parked it and bought my 93. I figured out the running issue, someone offered me $$ for it, sold it, and they promptly blew the motor. ;x

Anywho, paint looks killer! Hope to see that on the street sometime.

86blackbetty
06-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Was going to LTI at the time and she started acting up and I needed a car to get me to school so I parked it and bought my 93. I figured out the running issue, someone offered me $$ for it, sold it, and they promptly blew the motor. ;x

Anywho, paint looks killer! Hope to see that on the street sometime.

ohh that sucks...i see your in garfield im up there once in a while..ill keep an eye out for a 93 when im there.

86blackbetty
06-13-2012, 04:03 PM
i recently got rid of some extra stuff i had.. I found a disc posi 3.45 borg warner of a 89 formula ws6 with aluminum calipers for a good deal. It was located up in new york state. The seller also stated he would be able to install it for me the same day and have me back on the road. So i went. Real great guy and knows his stuff. This is the car with the rear in . Big difference in the way the car feels. Its a whole new car compared to the 2.73 gears non posi. The rotors and pads need to be changed,but even with the bad rotors and pads the car brakes significantly better than with the drums. little by little shes coming along. Still unsure on whats next!

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/36-1.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/35-1.jpg

86blackbetty
07-20-2012, 12:32 PM
here are some new pictures. I fixed the front fender(which has been there since i first began) and rear quarter panel...( my dad backed up into it about a month ago nothing major...about a 1 inch gash)....i decided id take them out and fix them..came out alright,,i did a half as job im sure i couldve made it perfect..but since ill be redoing the whole car body and paint in class in sept ill just wait till then, at no cost. just cost of supplies. cant beat that :)

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/37-1.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/38-1.jpg

TAdan
07-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Your Trans Am looks great. You've done a great job with it, especially given the fact that you had to do it all outdoors in the driveway.

86blackbetty
07-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Your Trans Am looks great. You've done a great job with it, especially given the fact that you had to do it all outdoors in the driveway.

Thanks Dan. I can only work with what i have for now

86blackbetty
10-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Dont mess with the bull young man you'll get the horns!!!

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/46-1.jpg

greenformula92
10-02-2012, 09:05 PM
I still can't believe this thing has a rattle can paint job on it. it looks so good

Featherburner
10-02-2012, 09:59 PM
I still can't believe this thing has a rattle can paint job on it. it looks so goodnot rattle can...roller!

ar0ck
10-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Car looks phenomenal! Man I miss home and seeing nice projects like this turn out!

FIcamaroRE92
10-14-2012, 11:10 AM
are you ever down rt.9 in oldbridge? saw one i swore was this exact car the other day

86blackbetty
10-14-2012, 07:21 PM
I still can't believe this thing has a rattle can paint job on it. it looks so good Thanks! mine looks good...yours looks great!

not rattle can...roller!
lol roller!

Car looks phenomenal! Man I miss home and seeing nice projects like this turn out! Thanks!

are you ever down rt.9 in oldbridge? saw one i swore was this exact car the other day
Unfortunately I did not drive the car down south jersey this year..Next year definitely!

86blackbetty
10-14-2012, 07:37 PM
I took some pictures . You guys must be getting tired of them...

Here is one of me in NYC at 3am on a saturday morning

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/45-1_zps275b3b42.jpg

Getting some gas. for some reason pics look better at gas stations . Maybe its the lighting.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/44-1.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/53_zps75091d25.jpg

Had to repolish it

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/51-1.jpg
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x344/86blackbetty/Pontiac%20Firebird%20Trans%20Am%20Project/50-1.jpg

L695speed
10-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Had to repolish it

Are you absolutely sure you didn't disguise a spray gun as a roller? Please tell me you're joking about the roller and used a spray gun. I still can't believe its a roller paint job. :shock::shock:

86blackbetty
10-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Are you absolutely sure you didn't disguise a spray gun as a roller? Please tell me you're joking about the roller and used a spray gun. I still can't believe its a roller paint job. :shock::shock:

:kneeslap: i cant wait to spray it myself. It should come out better lol i dont see why it wouldnt.

FIcamaroRE92
10-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Where did you take that pic in manhattan

86blackbetty
10-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Where did you take that pic in manhattan

not far from times square...just illegally parked and had a slice of pizza outside lol

rickyd13
10-21-2012, 09:18 PM
hope i can get to see this if we get a meet together

86blackbetty
10-21-2012, 10:32 PM
hope i can get to see this if we get a meet together

I think u saw it once on route 20 ...we rode side by side for about 5 seconds... maroon gta right?.....we need more people to show up

rickyd13
10-21-2012, 10:44 PM
no lol your thinking of the guy who works at the micro center turted i think his name is on here i had the 95 z28 which is now gone

86blackbetty
10-21-2012, 11:46 PM
no lol your thinking of the guy who works at the micro center turted i think his name is on here i had the 95 z28 which is now gone

yea you're right!! ...sorry about the confusion lol :facepalm:

Paul Huryk
10-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Beautiful car!

I need to get you down to CTW Motorsports to try out a silver set of wheels - bet it would look awesome with your black paint...

bigz28man
10-22-2012, 10:02 PM
I always loved these years t/a's so much more than the newer style ones. Great work car looks awesome.

rickyd13
10-23-2012, 09:08 AM
its fine

greenformula92
04-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Been a while. Any updates on the car?