PDA

View Full Version : A present from the Piscataway RED LIGHT CAMERA/ BS!

edpontiac91
03-06-2013, 04:43 PM
I just received a nice full color of my Grand Prix at a stop light and making the turn. It says I was driving the car, BUT HOW THE HELL CAN THEY TELL WHO IS DRIVING THE CAR. My wife, son or daughter could have been at the wheel. My blood pressure has gone thru the roof, because in 35 years of living here, I have NEVER had a ticket until the SAFETY CAMERA took my picture. This program is NOT SAFETY first, but a CASH COW FOR THE CITY. The state of Alabama reported it took in 28 MILLION $$$$DOLLORS in one year with this program and New Jersey still have some cities that do not have the cameras, and at the town meetings ALL THEY TALK ABOUT IS HOW MUCH MONEY everybody else is taking it, but NOT A WORD ABOUT THE SAFETY (BS-BS-BS):evil:

What I could use, has anybody here tried to fight the fine ($85.00) with the court Prosecutor to reduce the fine to not wearing a seat belt or something like that?

BonzoHansen
03-06-2013, 04:52 PM
good luck. the car owner gets the ticket, not the driver, thus no points. if the pic makes it look like you were making a right on red you might be able to talk to the prosecutor. but no plead down will save any money and there are no points, red light tix are not moving consolations.

sweetbmxrider
03-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Its no points because they can't prove you were driving. If a cop saw, it would be a moving violation with points. Learn where red light cameras are and start hitting the brakes when the light has been green for more than 5 seconds :rofl:

NastyEllEssWon
03-06-2013, 04:54 PM
some more cheese with that whine?

Tru2Chevy
03-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Ed, if you don't think you were actually in the wrong, there should be a web link on the paper you received that will let you view a video of the incident. If you can see from the video that you came to a full stop in the proper spot before making the right on red (provided that a right on red is allowed at that intersection) then you should be able to easily get the ticket dropped. Otherwise, just pay the fine and move on - it's not worth getting stressed about.

- Justin

WSex
03-06-2013, 05:16 PM
some more cheese with that whine?

More cheese please.

1320B4U
03-06-2013, 05:46 PM
I got one 2 years ago in wayne, however it was a warning w/no cost associated.

LTb1ow
03-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Write a letter to your representative, call out the national guard, and stop this madness.

maroman88
03-06-2013, 06:13 PM
in sure u were at the town council meeting when the cameras were approved and spoke out against them right?

Rob WS6
03-06-2013, 06:51 PM
My wife just got the same thing the other day in the mail from Cherry Hill Springdale Rd./Rt 70 intersection. Complete BS and were fighting it... If it was like $30 I would just pay it, but its almost $90.

TAdan
03-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Ed, what intersection? Just curious.

Blackbirdws6
03-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Old New Brunswick has a lot of these cameras. Gina got nabbed and the funny thing was she claimed BS. I took a look at the pictures. The light was red before she entered the intersection, still red in the next picture and red as she continued through. She paused and said I will go get my checkbook.

V
03-06-2013, 07:25 PM
... call out the national guard, ...

you wouldn't want to do that even in a real emergency, trust me.

edpontiac91
03-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Ed, what intersection? Just curious.

SB New Brunswick Ave and Stelton Road.

edpontiac91
03-06-2013, 09:20 PM
My wife just got the same thing the other day in the mail from Cherry Hill Springdale Rd./Rt 70 intersection. Complete BS and were fighting it... If it was like $30 I would just pay it, but its almost $90.

Just for kicks, how do you plan on fighting it? Seems everybody goes belly up and just mails them the money. They all say "It's only $85.00", but take out 4 Twenty Dollar Bills and 1 Five, open the window in you car, and let them go and see how that feels. That's the problem with this, go to court, waste time in court, vent your story and find out they have all the answers and you just bought the township a new tire for one of their cop cars, without a thank you for sticking it up your ass. We pay some of the HIGHEST Property Taxes in the Country, Sewer Taxes and whatever. With this economy in the toilet, at my age and with my management experience I can't find a job that pays over $10.00 per hour. So when you stick you FN hands in my pocket to pay for your new camera toy, I could use that money for stupid stuff like Food, Gas, Medicine, Credit Card bills and much more. Sorry for the Rant (make fun of it) but there is no more middle class, just people trying to make ends meet!

Lt1_8U
03-06-2013, 10:20 PM
I have One question. Did someone driving your vehicle make an illegal turn? If yes, then you broke the law. Don't make illegal turns and you won't have to pay a fine. Not trying to be a jerk, just calling it how I see it.

spina74
03-06-2013, 10:29 PM
its very hard to beat a red light camera ticket. you can make a right if your allowed to but you stop at the line COMPLETELY then go, also if the car ahead of you goes just because you were stopped behind them doesn't count. you still need to stop at the line. If you blew the light they'll pause the video when the light turns red and unless your front wheels crossed that line before red, you then ran it.

edpontiac91
03-07-2013, 05:15 AM
I have One question. Did someone driving your vehicle make an illegal turn? If yes, then you broke the law. Don't make illegal turns and you won't have to pay a fine. Not trying to be a jerk, just calling it how I see it.

It was a RIGHT turn on RED. No traffic coming from the left but I didn't stop long enough or whatever. They just had something on the news about extending or reducing the amount of time you need to stay at rest. Just another BS reason to fine your ass. It's just a matter of time before more of you guys will get screwed by BIG BROTHER!:shock:

Stevoone
03-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Not as easy as just coming to a stop before turning. Most towns have regulations on the amount of time you have to remain stopped before turning. To make it worse they are not uniform, some are as low as 3 seconds and some are as high as 6 seconds.

PolarBear
03-07-2013, 06:31 AM
I just heard from someone at work recently that in NJ a "complete" stop is stopping for 4 seconds before proceeding.

Jersey Mike
03-07-2013, 07:01 AM
I just received a nice full color of my Grand Prix at a stop light and making the turn. It says I was driving the car, BUT HOW THE HELL CAN THEY TELL WHO IS DRIVING THE CAR. My wife, son or daughter could have been at the wheel. My blood pressure has gone thru the roof, because in 35 years of living here, I have NEVER had a ticket until the SAFETY CAMERA took my picture.

What I could use, has anybody here tried to fight the fine ($85.00) with the court Prosecutor to reduce the fine to not wearing a seat belt or something like that?
SB New Brunswick Ave and Stelton Road.

My boss just got the same exact ticket (except down the block on Stelton & Centennial) and paid it earlier this week... after swearing up & down that she didn't do it. Well, I looked at the letter, went on the site (https://www.violationinfo.com/ I believe it was), typed in the PIN and voila--video of her car not coming to a stop at a red light, before turning right.

Just for kicks, how do you plan on fighting it? Seems everybody goes belly up and just mails them the money. They all say "It's only $85.00", but take out 4 Twenty Dollar Bills and 1 Five, open the window in you car, and let them go and see how that feels.
She too wanted to fight it, but the evidence is clear as day. If you went to court, with this evidence stacked against you, do you think they would knock it own to something? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually asking for my own curiosity. It seems Open-&-Shut to me, so my gut would say they'd just tack on an additional $30.00 in court fees on top of the $85.00, but I'm only speculating.

Ed, if you don't think you were actually in the wrong, there should be a web link on the paper you received that will let you view a video of the incident. If you can see from the video that you came to a full stop in the proper spot before making the right on red (provided that a right on red is allowed at that intersection) then you should be able to easily get the ticket dropped. Otherwise, just pay the fine and move on - it's not worth getting stressed about.

- Justin
Agreed, start by viewing the video & go from there.

Old New Brunswick has a lot of these cameras. Gina got nabbed and the funny thing was she claimed BS. I took a look at the pictures. The light was red before she entered the intersection, still red in the next picture and red as she continued through. She paused and said I will go get my checkbook.
At least Engineering Wife was so reasonable as to promptly get her checkbook after seeing the evidence. Engineering Female Boss, on the other hand, kept trying to justify why she came to a Yield versus a Stop at the red light. Still when asked, she says, "There was no stop sign or stop lettering!"--Mind you, it was a red traffic light, and a big wide white stop line. This is the logic I have to put up with at work :lol:

sweetbmxrider
03-07-2013, 07:12 AM
The only thing you can fight with a red light camera is proper timing which is currently happening. In your case, it sounds like you rolled the red which most people do. Completely stop the car, count to 3, then proceed. If you get a ticket then, someone doesn't like you.

Mark B
03-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Just pay it. You wont beat it. I doubt the prosecuter will knock anything off. And even if he does, you still have to pay court cost on top of the fine. Plus you have to take time from work to do all of this.

Its such a scam. But with all of the $ rolling in, I dont expect they are going anyhere.

The redlight camera near me got me twice for right on red. Now I refuse to make a right on red at that intersection. I have noticed that 80% of the people that use that intersection in the morning dont make ROR's anymore either. Guess they all got nabbed too.

Rob WS6
03-07-2013, 07:46 AM
The cameras at this intersection have been in the news before, very controversial. Regardless, if I end up paying it, its going to be 85 $1 checks or $85 in pennies or something annoyingly stupid like that. **** em... Ive got a ton of checks and only write one a month, so Ive got some to spare. :lol:

BonzoHansen
03-07-2013, 08:55 AM
The cameras at this intersection have been in the news before, very controversial. Regardless, if I end up paying it, its going to be 85 $1 checks or $85 in pennies or something annoyingly stupid like that. **** em... Ive got a ton of checks and only write one a month, so Ive got some to spare. :lol:

fwiw the poor lady at the clerks desk has nothing to do with it.

LTb1ow
03-07-2013, 08:59 AM
fwiw the poor lady at the clerks desk has nothing to do with it.

And or the fact that all of you are breaking the law but now since you got caught its woe is me.

Grow up, and accept that you got caught.

Rob WS6
03-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Oh holier than thou BS, knew that was coming. If it was anything but a source of revenue it would be different. There have been studies that show traffic cameras do nothing to reduce accidents, and in some cases even cause them. So why have them then? Money. Our government and officials do illegal stuff all the time and they face no repercussions or fines... a few of us wanna bitch about these bs revenue machines fining people over technicalities, I think that's more than acceptable, no? Not like we gunned it through the intersection. :lol:

1320B4U
03-07-2013, 09:39 AM
All town municipalities need the extra revenue to pay rising costs like pensions, lower government $/subsidies coming to them, and pensions. This camera thing may go the way of inspection dyno testing however a convincing argument and countless studies need to be done beforehand. View the video, if there is even a hint you may have rolled thru it don't fight it, it will just aggravate you and waste more of your time being you'll lose. Its an $85 lesson learned.

greenformula92
03-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Just to clarify it the ticket is almost like a parking ticket. It goes to the registered owner of the vehicle. Now you just dont get one these tickets...an officer has to review video of every picture taken to verify a violation and then a ticket goes out. It isn't a moving violation it is a mandatory fine that you can try to fight but you will lose because it's a mandatory minimum. You don't want to pay for the ticket STOP BEFORE the white line before you turn. It will not take your picture if you stop before the line. if you stop after the line it trips as a run light. If you don't come to a full stop before you make your right turn it is technically running a red light/stop sign. the line is there for a reason

redsoxsstink
03-07-2013, 09:51 AM
live and learn, bet you wont do that again. sometimes lifes a bitch and its not worth stressing over. on campus i got a parking ticket for haveing my tires on the line, ticket read "parking outside lines" i was on an end space wasnt affecting another spot so it wasnt a big deal. in the end it says it in the student handbook and it is everyones right to read it and acknowledge the rules before parking. driving laws say to make a right on red you must stop completely, video shows you didnt, not much you can do there.

i just sucked it up and paid, i was wrong and they have a pic to prove it nothing i can do, but guaranteed i wont do that again. in the end its 85bucks, yea its kinda alot of money but its not the end of the world, learn from your mistakes and leave it as a lesson learned

SilverDropTop
03-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Last time I checked the signs say "After stop, right turn permitted on red". If you didn't stop, you are running a red light and breaking the law.

LTb1ow
03-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Oh holier than thou BS, knew that was coming. If it was anything but a source of revenue it would be different. There have been studies that show traffic cameras do nothing to reduce accidents, and in some cases even cause them. So why have them then? Money. Our government and officials do illegal stuff all the time and they face no repercussions or fines... a few of us wanna bitch about these bs revenue machines fining people over technicalities, I think that's more than acceptable, no? Not like we gunned it through the intersection. :lol:

Yea, pretty sure I can honestly say this is nothing to make such a big deal about. Think $85 bucks is bad? :rofl:

Whether or not the state makes a ton of money off of these things, the law was broken, accept it, or start campaigning to remove them. Whining about it online won't change a thing.

sweetbmxrider
03-07-2013, 11:16 AM
You should get a can of spray paint and do some modding to the camera. Be sure to come to a completely stop before getting out of your car and causing anarchy.

Mike
03-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Waits for same people crying about state generating revenue to cry about taxes going up....crap like this is a method to keep taxes under some control

edpontiac91
03-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks for all the advice. From what I gathered, this is what I would like to stamp all over my check (:hitfan::moon:)

unstable bob gable
03-07-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm currently fighting a photo ticket for "non payment, under payment, lack of payment, etc" from the Union toll plaza on the GSP. The toll is $1.50, and I always use the same exact change lane. I have a cup filled with quarters in my cupholder, and I always drop in 6 quarters. Well, the coin taking machine doesn't always register a full payment...I blow my horn...nothing or nobody happens...meanwhile traffic is building up behind me, horns are blowing, etc. So, I roll on. Well, the ticket comes, and doesn't specify what the charge is. I write my story, and dend it back. They don't accept it, and want 50 bucks for the fine, PLUS the $1.50 toll that I did pay. So, I'm fighting it. Prolly won't win, but I'm sick of being ripped off due to their machine not working and not having any customer assistance available at the time of the problem.

98CamaroSS
03-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Happened to my wife last year in my own town as there are 2 here in the busiest intersections. My wife paid the $85. and she works in the court system(interpertor). Its just a quick money maker for the town. PS: By the police dept and fire dept in town there is a driveway stating no blocking the fire dept driveway which everyone does as they get caught at the red light, guess what now they're giving tickets for that too. My sister-in law got one and she ended paying $54. and they said no points, guess what her car insurance just went up by $300.(every 6 months) for that no point violation--- go figure. NJ sucks. :nod:

stoney2677
03-07-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm currently fighting a photo ticket for "non payment, under payment, lack of payment, etc" from the Union toll plaza on the GSP. The toll is $1.50, and I always use the same exact change lane. I have a cup filled with quarters in my cupholder, and I always drop in 6 quarters. Well, the coin taking machine doesn't always register a full payment...I blow my horn...nothing or nobody happens...meanwhile traffic is building up behind me, horns are blowing, etc. So, I roll on. Well, the ticket comes, and doesn't specify what the charge is. I write my story, and dend it back. They don't accept it, and want 50 bucks for the fine, PLUS the $1.50 toll that I did pay. So, I'm fighting it. Prolly won't win, but I'm sick of being ripped off due to their machine not working and not having any customer assistance available at the time of the problem.

True story from reliable source. My partner at work's wife had the same thing happen. She ended up throwing in another $.50 after the first didn't register. She wrote a letter to Christie explaining what happened. Got a letter to disregard the fine.

Savage_Messiah
03-09-2013, 05:01 PM
red light tix are not moving consolations.

Well, that's a consolation in and of itself...