PDA

View Full Version : Sandy mess - update

ted gerlach
04-24-2013, 04:52 AM
just wanted to say thanks again to all that came to help and with that help i do not have hint of mold in the house after the clean out,
here is where we stand, new ac unit, all new furnace and duct work down stairs, and in crawl space, new oil tank and lines, all new plumbing with the new tank less water heater - [need the old oil fired heater out of the garage] all new electrical with new fuse panel, still need some inspections passed before i can start with the insulation sheet rock ect, did have a minor set back with some termite damage and wood rot but i am getting it all done, some of the repairs were covered but all of the termite and wood rot was not and due to the termites i need to replace 4 windows and need to have the front and 1 side of the house vinyl sided, when funds are there we will due the other side, then the back of the house,
also deck was not covered so those repairs that are needed are on me as well as the driveway and garage floor thats heaved, those 2 are a very costly repair,
other than that kids and family are safe, living at moms in a 2 bed room ranch on living room floor, red cross and local church are trying to help with temp housing and some new furniture for the house as well as a new washer and dryer, not counting on anything but if it happens it will be a help,
i am not use to being able to completely walk around house its strange, they were either sold complete or parted out and scraped,

NastyEllEssWon
04-24-2013, 01:54 PM
If you setup a paypal ill be willing to donate a few bucks to help you get a new washer and dryer set. im not sure if anyone else on here or around will be willing to donate but im sure there might be a few.

Tru2Chevy
04-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Glad to hear things are looking up Ted! Hopefully the rest of the process will go smoothly for you and you and your family will be back under your own roof soon!

- Justin

ted gerlach
04-24-2013, 07:54 PM
NastyEllEssWon, pm sent

hoping to be in by the end of next month, even if there is no sheet rock up just looking to get home

69BirdX
04-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Im glad things are looking up. You know ill help anyway possible.

ted gerlach
06-03-2013, 05:59 AM
we are back home insulation is in this week is sheet rock, Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday, hope to be painted by Sunday next step is doors and carpet, then finally furniture
still need to clean up the yard still have parts thrown all over it and cut the grass... need a lawnmower, need to figure out how to barrow one, still have 2 cars to scrap got a borrowed trailer for them, 72 mc flooded car and 96 ss impala bought to fix up but not worth it so i started to part it out now don't car anymore took to dads house in ortley beach and threw some of the garage in it, 4 more cars it will be clean lots of scrap in there still,

Tru2Chevy
06-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Glad to hear you are back home Ted.

- Justin

ted gerlach
06-12-2013, 05:06 AM
minor delay due to rain, but hers a current pic
outside house and first pic is back of garage and second pic living room

PolarBear
06-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Wow! Sheetrock! Must feel good

ted gerlach
06-16-2013, 07:44 PM
sanded and ready for paint even better, just waiting for the primer and paint to get here,

ted gerlach
08-10-2013, 05:16 AM
up date,
4 of the 6 doors are installed, the garage fire door and the furnace doors both had to be ordered and they are 6 weeks out been 3 weeks now,
electrical is 96% done, need to have outside lights installed around back sliding door and drop down light for the front door, and a hard wired it smoke & carbon detector upstairs, need to be code compliant
all paint has been done downstairs and garage, now working on all trim work, and painting what doors that have been installed, need to pick out door handles yet, insurance company told us to clean them, that's not gonna to work,
plumber is complete done with everything he needed to due,
now we need to start looking at carpet, not yet but soon, will wait 3 more weeks until the doors are all in and all trim work and paint work is completed,
clean out of the back yard its finally time cut the grass and all, have landscape company coming to grade the front and side for now, and replace the stones. Carls fencing is coming in the next 3 weeks to install the new fence and gates as well as the railing for the front steps, that will complete the rt side of the yard for now, still want to put some bushes in but they will need to wait until next year,
then we move on the the driveway and garage floor, and left side of the yard, figure 2 more months it should all be done completely,
then the really fun stuff happens, shopping for furniture.. thank god its not much,

grazi
08-10-2013, 06:25 AM
6 weeks for a 90 minute fire door? Most places around here stock them?

ted gerlach
08-10-2013, 07:27 PM
any place we went it needed to be ordered and wife wanted it to look a certain way, so yes 6 weeks to get it,

ted gerlach
08-21-2013, 07:23 PM
now for the fun stuff. its been 2 days and the garage floor and all of the driveway has been removed, now for the new concrete garage floor and asphalt drive way, along with the Belgian block curb, will get pics of the progress,

PolarBear
08-21-2013, 08:54 PM
That can't be cheap

ted gerlach
08-22-2013, 05:39 AM
more than i had but it had to be done, as you can see in second pic the stain on the thats rain water every time it rained

before pics

ted gerlach
08-22-2013, 05:49 AM
here are the current pic's

ted gerlach
09-10-2013, 05:22 AM
garage floor done and drive way is in,

ted gerlach
01-10-2014, 06:01 AM
just an update.
house is almost done, i can taste it its so close,
still need to buy a tv and a tv stand, couch and love seat are in. sons bed room set has been ordered and will be delivered on saturday, need some minor touch ups on the walls and some minor paint work. in the house, still need to fix a couple things in the garage but that can wait for now inside is more important.
will take some current pics soon.
also snap-on did what they could do to help me out in regards to the old tool box that went under water so new...old blue box is now gone and new custom box is in. will get a pic of that also. so happy with that, now the fun will begin. need tools threw most of them out.