PDA

View Full Version : Jason Leffler severely injuured at Bridgeport

NJSPEEDER
06-12-2013, 09:32 PM
The big track bit NASCAR driver Jason Leffler bad from the sounds of it. Conflicting stories about what caused it and how many times his 410 sprinter tumbled but he was air lifted to the hospital and things don't sound good.

For those of you that don't know of Bridgeport, it is a 5/8 mile clay oval in south Jersey. It is the fastest weekly track in all of dirt racing and the only track where cars go faster on dirt in the whole country in the one weekend a year they use the mile at the Syracuse fair grounds.

If you pray throw one up for him.

-Tim

coolmanvette75
06-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Damn that sucks. Have any links about the story?

69BirdX
06-12-2013, 09:46 PM
I just heard he passed in cooper hospital.

Mike
06-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Just confirmed he died

NJSPEEDER
06-13-2013, 06:25 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/06/13/nascar-mourns-driver-jason-leffler-who-dies-after-accident-in-new-jersey-dirt/

-Tim

Jersey Mike
06-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Heard it when I woke up this morning. What a shame

Demonicbird00
06-19-2013, 06:43 PM
kinda late here, i was at the race last week watching from a buddys pit. from what i could see it was at least 3 times, it happened in a blink of an eye.

i think they knew he was gone once they pulled him from the car, because they werent rushing and the car wasnt permitted to be moved due to the state police investigation.

-brandon

NJSPEEDER
06-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Yeah, a few people that were there told me it was a big hit.

I am not in any slight way a NASCAR guy but in the aftermath I did become a bit more of a fan of Kyle Petty. Typical to the **** show that is Speed channel "reporting" on racing they asked Kyle if he thought the short tracks were too dangerous. He rather gracefully handled it by saying that local venues are as safe as they can be when you consider the cost of the cutting edge safety technology. He went on to point out how in the last 10 years neck restraints went from something a few guys in Europe had to commonplace at every track of every kind in the country and that he expects the same to happen to energy reducing walls and other such advances.

-Tim

Demonicbird00
06-20-2013, 12:12 PM
I dont know if Jason had a hans device on or not, but alot of those guys were just wearing a neck brace. Almost all types of racing now its manitory to have some sort or neck restraint

Tru2Chevy
06-22-2013, 06:05 PM
According to the reports I read he wasn't wearing a HANS device, but was wearing something similar that was NASCAR approved.

- Justin

NJSPEEDER
06-28-2013, 07:06 AM
A lot of the sprint car and short track community use the Hutchens device or similar because they have to be able to turn their heads more to see than a HANS or NecksGen type device that primarily relies on a hard collar will allow.

-Tim