PDA

View Full Version : Water separator/drier

PolarBear
07-05-2013, 07:28 PM
I have a small air water separator and then a post filter setup for my air setup, but it is close to the compressor and the iron pipe I have used is only about 2 feet worth. I am planning on putting together a larger setup, but I am not sure how many sections of pipe to use. I was thinking that 3 sections of 4' pipe with a ball valve at the bottom of each section to drain water that has collected, then attach that all to the separator that I have already created. I would have the pipe go up, then down then up then connected to my existing setup.

Is this enough ups and down? Currently I start spraying water after only a few cycles of the compressor I start spraying water either out of my tools, or the nozzle of the media cabinet.
Thought/opinions?

Featherburner
07-05-2013, 08:12 PM
This is how I have mine set up and it works very well.

PolarBear
07-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Essentially that is what I have now, but it isn't enough. After 10 minutes or so I get water, I think because this is right next to the compressor and the air has no time to cool.

Featherburner
07-05-2013, 08:25 PM
It's also 90 degrees and 90% humidity, short of a refrigerated drier nothing is going to be 100%.

PolarBear
07-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Even during the winter I would pump water after a while. I just need to add some pipe to help cool it better since my stuff is so close to the compressor

Featherburner
07-05-2013, 09:10 PM
I have a 3' flexible hose from the compressor to the 1/2" black pipe on the wall and a 10' length of 1/2" to my first "drop". That seems to be long enough to cool the air as that drop is the one I run to my blast cabinet.

PolarBear
07-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Ok, so 12 feet plus the extra drier should help considerably