PDA

View Full Version : Waste management employees?

zraffz
08-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Anybody here work or have worked for Waste Management? I have been employeed by a local township's DPW for the past few years and am just looking for something new with better pay. The base pay is 3 grand more than i make with my overtime already. Anyway, I was one of many who applied for a roll off driver position and am one out of a handful who had an interview scheduled.

I believe the pay was $21 or $21.42/hour and anything over 40 hours was 1.5x pay.

How do they treat their employees? Is overtime as common as the lady on the phone made it sound (3-6 hours a week)? How often are you paid? How often do you get raises and how much is a raise on average? Am I going to hate a first shift set of hours (I'm used to being at work at six but the lady said as early as three)?

Anti_Rice_Guy
08-12-2013, 02:07 PM
PM enRo. He doesn't work for them, but is in the industry so he may have some knowledge.

enRo
08-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Don't get me started on Waste Management. I drive for Blue Diamond, been in the business for over 10 years, and I know a few thing about Waste. Ill just answer your questions.

You may apply for a roll-off job, but unless you have years of experience, you are more than likely going to start off by working on a rear packer, then work your way up. All refuse collection companies work like that.

25% of our employees have come from Waste, and I hear nothing but horror stories about them. They treat their employees like ****, and if you are close to the top of the pay scale, you basically have a target painted on you... which means if you mess up once, you're getting canned.

Overtime is always plentiful, expecially on roll-off and front end.

Raises are every year IIRC, about 25 - 50 cents.

Hours vary, but most start times are between 3:30am and 5:30am.

Hope that helps.

zraffz
08-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Thanks. Ended up doing my interview, they submitted me to the supervisor but got cold feet about it from many horror stories as I asked around more

trashman01
08-21-2013, 03:22 PM
dont forget the have that damn 10 life critical rules, break one and your fired. go find a local mom and pop, WM is a joke now-a-days