PDA

View Full Version : So I guess SPEED network is finally gone

V
08-17-2013, 10:44 PM
As of this evening, its no longer on Verizon fios.
West Coast Customs has moved to MSG+2
I wonder if any of the other common shows will appear elsewhere.

89 Iroc-Z28
08-17-2013, 11:20 PM
speed network on optimum (cablevision) has become fox sports 1

coolmanvette75
08-18-2013, 12:33 AM
This really is ******. Even though SPEED had become worse over the years with more and more Nascar coverage, it still was an overall good channel. Always enjoyed watching Pass Time, Gearz, 2 Guys Garage, Wind Tunnel, and even Pinks. This new Fox Sports 1 network is laughable compared to the ESPN they are trying to mirror. Fox lost a lot of their viewers with this move...

Dudbird113
08-18-2013, 01:29 AM
I shall miss passtime :(

grazi
08-18-2013, 05:59 AM
At least we still have velocity channel

deadtrend1
08-18-2013, 06:21 AM
I noticed this yesterday. I was confuzzled on why the channel wasnt working.

At least we still have velocity channel

AGG ... :nod: I would wreck Cristy Lee if I could

NJSPEEDER
08-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Fox also has stated that they have no plans to show any of the racing or automotive specialty shows other than the already standard ten hours a day of NASCRAP

Velocity network is available from some providers and has been picking up some of the smaller racing shows here and there. Hopefully they will step it up and fill the void.

grazi
08-18-2013, 09:11 AM
:drool:Cristy lee

Mike
08-18-2013, 09:13 AM
you guys crying about nascar coverage realize you are in the minority right? if viewers didnt want it, as shown by ratings, they wouldnt have ran all of it... so saying "steadily got worse over the years" is a very subjective and personal viewpoint

BurninrubberGT
08-18-2013, 01:21 PM
racing over the networks in the future-

FS1/FS2 will have some cup/some nationwide/truck series for years to come, they just signed a deal for a few years for USCR, MOTOGP also has an extended deal. I have seen nothing on continuing australian super v8s, WTCC, DTM.

nbc sports will have F1, indycar, Pirelli world challenge and some cup/nationwide in 2015

espn will carry out its nascar coverage through 2014

velocity has a few car guy shows...chasing classic cars is a great one

deadtrend1
08-18-2013, 01:54 PM
I hate fox everything ...... now I hate them even more.

I am not upset about not seeing those two idiots from "Truck-U" though.

grazi
08-18-2013, 01:55 PM
I hate fox everything ...... now I hate them even more.

I am not upset about not seeing those two idiots from "Truck-U" though.

Ya those guys are wankers

LTb1ow
08-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Hurray for nascar

iroc86NJ
08-18-2013, 05:41 PM
you guys crying about nascar coverage realize you are in the minority right? if viewers didnt want it, as shown by ratings, they wouldnt have ran all of it... so saying "steadily got worse over the years" is a very subjective and personal viewpoint

Not true, I worked for one of the production companies that pitched on the FS1 image/branding campaign. Ratings were not the motive behind canceling SPEED, market share for Fox's ESPN/NBC Sports competitor was. Speed, which is owned by Fox, had amazing value to Fox because it was carried on every major cable and satellite providers as part of the basic package. I got word about 2 years ago, when most of you noticed a decline in race coverage (other then NASCAR) that Fox wanted to have a 24/7 sport network. It wasn't in Fox's best interest to purchase rights to air races (in some cases contracts can run 3-5 years) for a network that they planned to axe. So to reiterate ratings didn't play a role in SPEED passing on the F1 contract, brand identity did. Fox is curating an American centric sports network and regrettably F1 and touring cars don't scream America.

Also thankfully now that FS1 aired my NDA is dissolved so I can talk about it :lol:

Mike
08-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Not true, I worked for one of the production companies that pitched on the FS1 image/branding campaign. Ratings were not the motive behind canceling SPEED, market share for Fox's ESPN/NBC Sports competitor was. Speed, which is owned by Fox, had amazing value to Fox because it was carried on every major cable and satellite providers as part of the basic package. I got word about 2 years ago, when most of you noticed a decline in race coverage (other then NASCAR) that Fox wanted to have a 24/7 sport network. It wasn't in Fox's best interest to purchase rights to air races (in some cases contracts can run 3-5 years) for a network that they planned to axe. So to reiterate ratings didn't play a role in SPEED passing on the F1 contract, brand identity did. Fox is curating an American centric sports network and regrettably F1 and touring cars don't scream America.

Also thankfully now that FS1 aired my NDA is dissolved so I can talk about it :lol:

You completely misquoted me. They said speed sucks because of NASCAR. I said that if it didn't rate well they wouldn't cover it so much. I never once mentioned fs1 or the changeover

89 Iroc-Z28
08-19-2013, 10:40 PM
i dont get velocity so im really screwed

Kat
08-20-2013, 03:10 PM
I noticed this yesterday. I was confuzzled on why the channel wasnt working.

AGG ... :nod: I would wreck Cristy Lee if I could

As would I. But I gotta say lorraine mckiniry from "what's my car worth". I'd drag my dick through a 1000 miles of broken glass and fire just to jerk off on her shadow. =)

unstable bob gable
08-25-2013, 11:25 AM
I miss that show "Gearz" starring Tony Danza as Stacey David...

Rob WS6
08-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Gearz is gonna be back on another channel soon, they just haven't announced it yet. Im guessing Spike.

Kat
08-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Gearz is gonna be back on another channel soon, they just haven't announced it yet. Im guessing Spike.

That would be awesome