PDA

View Full Version : Dayuuuuuuum!!!!!

unstable bob gable
10-18-2013, 08:19 PM
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q599/unstablebobgable/2013-10-18161630_zps5b3b95c1.jpg (http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/unstablebobgable/media/2013-10-18161630_zps5b3b95c1.jpg.html)

V
10-18-2013, 08:21 PM
very nice! (I'm assuming new(est) toy?)

unstable bob gable
10-18-2013, 08:24 PM
very nice! (I'm assuming new(est) toy?)

Tanks. Yup, I dood it today! IT'S A VIPER! IT'S A TRUCK! IT'S A VIPERTRUCK!!!!!! :mrgreen:

zraffz
10-18-2013, 08:53 PM
I don't mean to sound like an ******* but I can't help myself and the admins may due as they please to me... A few months back weren't you receiving donations to help pay bills after your wife passed away and now you are buying an overpriced truck?

sweetbmxrider
10-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Nice truck, Bob! Happy belated bday too!

Blackbirdws6
10-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Nice looking truck! So how many toys do you have now? Happy belated as well.

I don't mean to sound like an ******* but I can't help myself and the admins may due as they please to me... A few months back weren't you receiving donations to help pay bills after your wife passed away and now you are buying an overpriced truck?

Yes, donations were provided before his wife passed. I think the guy is allowed to have a little joy after going through a very difficult experience don't you think?

unstable bob gable
10-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Nice truck, Bob! Happy belated bday too!

Thanks, brother!

unstable bob gable
10-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Nice looking truck! So how many toys do you have now? Happy belated as well.

Yes, donations were provided before his wife passed. I think the guy is allowed to have a little joy after going through a very difficult experience don't you think?

Thanks, Brain. I actually sold a few toys to get his one. I haven't been around here much to shoot off my mouth about my doings. lol

unstable bob gable
10-18-2013, 09:35 PM

Well, if you need to know....the very generous people here provided some much needed funds while my wife was still alive and we were hammered with med bills and living expenses. It wasn't a "few months" back, it was over a year ago. She passed on Oct 15, 2012. So, it was the 1 year annv 3 days ago. I have been working my ass off with OT and side jobs [which is why I don't have time to "live" on the WWW any more], settling her estate, which took time for insurance $ to kick in, I sold my house and am moving to a roommate status in order to live cheaper, and I sold 2 cars in the last week that netted me 16g. And that "over priced" truck [which I will drive on a regular basis, since I have moving and a house to clear out and needed a truck anyway] cost me 21 g, which won't even get you part of many f-bods. So, after selling 2 of my cars I basically spent 5 g for a truck that will be used as a truck. Still wanna crucify me and/or walk in my boots?:facepalm:

zraffz
10-18-2013, 10:36 PM
I am not trying to come off like a jerk, it was a legitimate question that popped into my head. Maybe it's just me or the fact that I don't know you but the only time I ever see you post is when you buy a new toy (remind you the only other time I heard of you was with the wife story when people on here were kindly donating money to you).

I am not trying to insult you but if you step back and look at the entire picture from afar it doesn't look good. I don't know many people in a year who can go from having nothing left during a spouse's illness to appearing multiple times with new vehicles; especially with one yielding high price tags and low fuel economy... But then again it is really not my concern nor do I care what you do or do not due with your money or life.

Regardless, congratulations those trucks are badass and glad to see your life is on the road to recovery.

Well, if you need to know....the very generous people here provided some much needed funds while my wife was still alive and we were hammered with med bills and living expenses. It wasn't a "few months" back, it was over a year ago. She passed on Oct 15, 2012. So, it was the 1 year annv 3 days ago. I have been working my ass off with OT and side jobs [which is why I don't have time to "live" on the WWW any more], settling her estate, which took time for insurance $ to kick in, I sold my house and am moving to a roommate status in order to live cheaper, and I sold 2 cars in the last week that netted me 16g. And that "over priced" truck [which I will drive on a regular basis, since I have moving and a house to clear out and needed a truck anyway] cost me 21 g, which won't even get you part of many f-bods. So, after selling 2 of my cars I basically spent 5 g for a truck that will be used as a truck. Still wanna crucify me and/or walk in my boots?:facepalm:

Mike
10-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Bob also never solicited any of that. That was the brainchild of a couple members and the support of many more and came as a complete surprise to Bob.

unstable bob gable
10-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Well guy, I explained myself, and if you still want to ramble on, do it. I don't know you, you don't know me, and that is fine. I was around these parts long before you, and the people who matter get my contact in real life. And in parting, I hope I can squeeze my new truck in between my Lambo and Veyron, which I bought with money from screwing people over with a sob story about my wife. Yeah right. And ya know, in the old days I woulda just called you an a-hole and moved on. So let's relive the old days for a second, a-hole...

I am not trying to come off like a jerk, it was a legitimate question that popped into my head. Maybe it's just me or the fact that I don't know you but the only time I ever see you post is when you buy a new toy (remind you the only other time I heard of you was with the wife story when people on here were kindly donating money to you).

I am not trying to insult you but if you step back and look at the entire picture from afar it doesn't look good. I don't know many people in a year who can go from having nothing left during a spouse's illness to appearing multiple times with new vehicles; especially with one yielding high price tags and low fuel economy... But then again it is really not my concern nor do I care what you do or do not due with your money or life.

Regardless, congratulations those trucks are badass and glad to see your life is on the road to recovery.

BonzoHansen
10-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Can I drive the veyron? :)

unstable bob gable
10-18-2013, 11:21 PM
Can I drive the veyron? :)

Sure...I'll let you drive me to the Led Zep concert next week at the Fillmore!

maroman88
10-18-2013, 11:36 PM
VERY nice, some kid around my area has one and its badass

unstable bob gable
10-18-2013, 11:51 PM
VERY nice, some kid around my area has one and its badass

Thanks, and thanks to all my friends here who DO matter.

ar0ck
10-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Solid truck Bob, I've always been fascinated by them!

Dudbird113
10-19-2013, 04:27 AM
So someone fill me in on what type of dodge truck that is?

Blackbirdws6
10-19-2013, 06:25 AM

It's the one with the Viper V10.

BigAls87Z28
10-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Sweet baby Jesus! Have fun in that, UBG!
I remember putting tires on one of them. We put one of the little sales girls in side and rolled her around the shop.

redsoxsstink
10-19-2013, 07:59 AM
please tell me its a 6 speed!?!?!!?!!!

z28camaro94
10-19-2013, 08:09 AM
That is one sweet truck!! Congrats! Do you have a plans on modding in the future?

Jersey Mike
10-19-2013, 08:09 AM
If I don't see a Fidget hanging out of the bed in the next 5 minutes I'm disowning you as a friend.

No hat? No care. You're slipping, Bob!

qwikz28
10-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Very UBG appropriate! Love the car and best of luck with it!

unstable bob gable
10-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Sweet baby Jesus! Have fun in that, UBG!
I remember putting tires on one of them. We put one of the little sales girls in side and rolled her around the shop.

Thx, Big Guy. Yeah, it does have some steamroller tires on it!

please tell me its a 6 speed!?!?!!?!!!

Actually, it's a 7 speed. 6 forward, one reverse! lol

That is one sweet truck!! Congrats! Do you have a plans on modding in the future?

Thanks. Well, if I do any perf mods it will probably just be a CAI and a tune. And visually I will probably do some underhood clean up/detailing and black out the grill.

If I don't see a Fidget hanging out of the bed in the next 5 minutes I'm disowning you as a friend.
No hat? No care. You're slipping, Bob!

Wadda you talkin' about? I'm gonna spray the Fidget w/ Axe body spray and hang him from the rear view mirror for use as an air freshener. And I just had my head professionally waxed and buffed, so I have to let the dome SHINE!!!

Very UBG appropriate! Love the car and best of luck with it!

Thx, Bossman!

unstable bob gable
10-19-2013, 09:04 AM

It's an 04 Ram SRT10. Has the Viper V10 engine and 6 speed tranny, plus a bunch of suspension and visual mods. 0-60 in 4.9 sec, top speed 150+ top speed, gotta look up quarter mile time. Think it was 13 sumthin...

Featherburner
10-19-2013, 09:58 AM
It's an 04 Ram SRT10. Has the Viper V10 engine and 6 speed tranny, plus a bunch of suspension and visual mods. 0-60 in 4.9 sec, top speed 150+ top speed, gotta look up quarter mile time. Think it was 13 sumthin...Good luck with your new ride.
PERFORMANCE DATA
0-60 mph, sec 5.2
1/4 mile, sec @ mph 13.86 @ 101.49
Braking, 60-0 mph, ft 122
600-foot slalom, mph 62.3

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/112_0401_2004_dodge_ram_srt10/viewall.html#ixzz2iBDWNCvd

unstable bob gable
10-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Good luck with your new ride.
PERFORMANCE DATA
0-60 mph, sec 5.2
1/4 mile, sec @ mph 13.86 @ 101.49
Braking, 60-0 mph, ft 122
600-foot slalom, mph 62.3

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/112_0401_2004_dodge_ram_srt10/viewall.html#ixzz2iBDWNCvd
Thanks! But dayum, it's slow...:mrgreen:

Mike
10-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Some weight in the bed and sticky tires and those numbers will change drastically

wrong generation
10-19-2013, 12:48 PM
those trucks can do some awsome burnouts.

ThoR294
10-19-2013, 04:10 PM
that is kinda slow... is that because of traction? sick truck though :P

Featherburner
10-19-2013, 04:18 PM
that is kinda slow... is that because of traction? sick truck though :P

Its because it weighs 5100lbs.

ThoR294
10-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Its because it weighs 5100lbs.

:shock: true lol~

PolarBear
10-19-2013, 04:30 PM
You going to drive that around Central Jersey?

Featherburner
10-19-2013, 04:33 PM
He would need to road trip south for a central cruise.

sweetbmxrider
10-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Well he better put some more bling on the truck if he's going to drive around north jersey...

madness410
10-20-2013, 10:47 AM
congrats on the new ride. love those rams just picked one up myself, not an srt10 though lol

69BirdX
10-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Those trucks are awesome. Congrats. When you decide to do a burn do yourself a favor and watch the video of one flipping over after a burnout

1320B4U
10-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Nice brother. Guy down the road has a silver one and theres a 4dr one in my town. They are beasts. Congrats.

....and they are very reasonably priced for what you get (if you scored one used). they went for 50g's new I think right?

zraffz
10-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Some weight in the bed and sticky tires and those numbers will change drastically
Highly doubted. 101 trap speed through a manual trans... I'd bet it might lose a tenth or two at best with good tires.

LTb1ow
10-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Highly doubted. 101 trap speed through a manual trans... I'd bet it might lose a tenth or two at best with good tires.

Who cares dude, let it go and let the guy enjoy his toy.

sweetbmxrider
10-20-2013, 07:34 PM

Basing off of what a guy who writes for a magazine did, sure. Real world good driver, low 13's are frequently achieved in the mid 100's. Not bad for a fat ole pickup....

12secondv6
10-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Yay, SRT's are taking over!

Good luck!

WildBillyT
10-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Good luck with it, Bob!

Anti_Rice_Guy
10-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Congrats Bob! Always loved those trucks. My buddy used to have one with a gutted cat and a Magnaflow catback - best sounding V10 I've ever heard.

Try watching them at the track :lol:

NastyEllEssWon
10-21-2013, 02:09 PM
damn thats a pretty nice ass truck you got there UBG. congrats. as a dude who's gone through a slightly similar situation as yours (spouse dying and lots of medical bills racked up) I can totally see how you went from being in dire straights to having money for yourself to buy something to pull you out of your funk and give you something to keep your mind off things. plus medical bills can pile up and put even the most stable person into debt. hope you have fun with the truck man its gorgeous and i bet it sounds amazing :D

Tru2Chevy
10-21-2013, 08:20 PM

....as long as you buy the beefiest aftermarket driveshaft you can find. The stock one looks up to the task, but it most definitely isn't.

- Justin

unstable bob gable
10-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Nice brother. Guy down the road has a silver one and theres a 4dr one in my town. They are beasts. Congrats.

....and they are very reasonably priced for what you get (if you scored one used). they went for 50g's new I think right?

Thanks, and yessir, it was a 50g truck new.

Basing off of what a guy who writes for a magazine did, sure. Real world good driver, low 13's are frequently achieved in the mid 100's. Not bad for a fat ole pickup....

It moves out ok. In more ways than the qtr, mile. :)

Yay, SRT's are taking over!

Good luck!

Thanks, boss!

Good luck with it, Bob!

Thx, Big Bill!

damn thats a pretty nice ass truck you got there UBG. congrats. as a dude who's gone through a slightly similar situation as yours (spouse dying and lots of medical bills racked up) I can totally see how you went from being in dire straights to having money for yourself to buy something to pull you out of your funk and give you something to keep your mind off things. plus medical bills can pile up and put even the most stable person into debt. hope you have fun with the truck man its gorgeous and i bet it sounds amazing :D

Thx buddy. :)

unstable bob gable
10-22-2013, 08:55 PM
You going to drive that around Central Jersey?

Yup, I've been driving it around CENTRAL JERSEY. But hey, if you need a truck to move your RIMS, I'd be more than willing to come down SOUTH to help a bro out!

He would need to road trip south for a central cruise.

Nooooo, I just need to drive down my street to be cruising in CENTRAL. Now, if I come down to SOUTH JERSEY I could cruise the Hamilton/Ewing/Trenton area.

Well he better put some more bling on the truck if he's going to drive around north jersey...

This truck ain't allowed in North Jersey!

trashman01
10-23-2013, 03:44 AM
congrats on the truck man, glad to hear your back on the up and up. as for the haters out there, just leave them coughing in your smoke after a nice big burn out:kneeslap:

Grifter
10-23-2013, 04:28 AM
Nooooooooo you did not not! That thing is sweet buddy. You gonna buy a black Neon to put in the bed now :)

We are long overdue for a Chicken Holiday hangout. Let's make it happen.

TAdan
10-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Thats a Badass Viper Truck Bob! Congrats. :-)

unstable bob gable
10-23-2013, 02:44 PM
congrats on the truck man, glad to hear your back on the up and up. as for the haters out there, just leave them coughing in your smoke after a nice big burn out:kneeslap:

Yeah, schmoke 'em if ya gots 'em...AND I GOTS 'EM!!!! :kneeslap:
Thx for the well wishes, broham!

unstable bob gable
10-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Nooooooooo you did not not! That thing is sweet buddy. You gonna buy a black Neon to put in the bed now :)

We are long overdue for a Chicken Holiday hangout. Let's make it happen.

Thx man, yeh we def have to grab some cluck at Holiday Chicken soon! Gimme a holla!

Thats a Badass Viper Truck Bob! Congrats. :-)

Thank you, oh master of the pinched penny! :kneeslap:

TAdan
10-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Thank you, oh master of the pinched penny! :kneeslap:

I like that, I'd put it on a business card if I could get someone else to pay for em. :lol:

unstable bob gable
10-26-2013, 02:15 PM
There are places where you can get free cards, but you'd be too lazy to fill out the paperwork...

I like that, I'd put it on a business card if I could get someone else to pay for em. :lol: