PDA

View Full Version : 24 hours of lemons

WSex
03-23-2015, 07:12 PM
5 stupid guys and alcohol one night at the bar led to a lemons race team 2 weeks before entry deadline. got accepted and fees have been paid so no turning back. had an 87 325is bmw laying around so yesterday me and a friend stripped it all down. just ordered the cage, brakes, and plugs. the car had some rust so already got a plate to cover up the flinstone holes.

looking for an appropriate seat
2 way hands free radio
good deal on tires
sponsors???

will be racing may 9th at njmp and hopefully chumpcar at limerock park.
i know some members created a team in the past so and advice is appreciated.
if you come to troll i appreciate that aswell.
pics in a few minutes

WSex
03-23-2015, 07:31 PM
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/wsex/11068795_10202348689998386_2052435836_n_zpszahpktv k.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/wsex/media/11068795_10202348689998386_2052435836_n_zpszahpktv k.jpg.html)
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/wsex/11073846_10202348689558375_538358406_n_zpsnr7ugmmp .jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/wsex/media/11073846_10202348689558375_538358406_n_zpsnr7ugmmp .jpg.html)
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/wsex/11081546_10202348689798381_1358733251_n_zpsethpf38 i.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/wsex/media/11081546_10202348689798381_1358733251_n_zpsethpf38 i.jpg.html)http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/wsex/11087043_10202348689118364_1753702635_n_zpska6rg3u 6.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/wsex/media/11087043_10202348689118364_1753702635_n_zpska6rg3u 6.jpg.html)http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/wsex/11086657_10202348688518349_1568913394_n_zpsa6sqb8k 8.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/wsex/media/11086657_10202348688518349_1568913394_n_zpsa6sqb8k 8.jpg.html)http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/wsex/11015931_10202348691478423_460101886_n_zpsg3elrmdb .jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/wsex/media/11015931_10202348691478423_460101886_n_zpsg3elrmdb .jpg.html)

Blackbirdws6
03-23-2015, 07:43 PM
Perfect. What is the theme?

WSex
03-23-2015, 07:45 PM
Perfect. What is the theme?

we dont know yet. but the team name is rust in peace. pretty tacky. wish i could change

sweetbmxrider
03-23-2015, 08:02 PM
1. Why didn't you use an fbody, mainly our lemon fbody?

B. You've made it further than us, congrats!

In closing, your inspection is overdue!

NJSPEEDER
03-24-2015, 06:20 AM
Nice!

Jersey Mike
03-24-2015, 07:36 AM
THAT'S a little bit of rust!?!

Good on you guys. Coors Light was a nice touch ;)

xrelapse13
03-24-2015, 09:32 AM
Believe I'm entered as well. (Wasn't in charge of registration)

IROCZman15
03-25-2015, 07:18 AM
I'll see ya there then. I'm with a team based out of Rockaway NJ. We began our build in January. It has come a LONG way. We are building a mid 90's Nissan 240sx. Already replaced the dead engine and transmission with ones from a better car. All sorts of work to get it running but it does. Ran all new fuel lines, brake lines, pulley setups, big radiator with two huge puller fans, heat extractor vents in the hood, and air intake vents to cool the brakes, our roll cage kit arrives this week and we start installing that on saturday. We went with a corbeau seat and still have to install it and make our own mount/slider setup.

I decided to only be a crew member and not a driver as my budget does not allow at this time. Even though we started two months ago, it is pretty astounding the amount of $ its taking to get the project race ready. Im shocked at the thousands of dollars the main team members are putting into this project. So I just wrench on the car and will be there at NJMP in may to do the same. FYI, you will need to buy proper fire suit and helmet if you dont already own one.

The main team members came up with the theme for our car and it is pretty catchy. The Inspector Gadget mobile. We have to make our own rear window louvers and other items but we do have a powerful PA speaker setup to be playing the inspector gadget theme song WHILE RACING on the course. It might get annoying after the first few hours though.

Good luck with the build. See ya there. Feel free to bounce any questions you have my way if need be.

Blackbirdws6
03-25-2015, 07:53 AM
Sounds like a cool theme. Good luck! We fell short on time and funding but would have been cool to see it through.

WSex
03-26-2015, 07:13 PM
I'll see ya there then. I'm with a team based out of Rockaway NJ. We began our build in January. It has come a LONG way. We are building a mid 90's Nissan 240sx. Already replaced the dead engine and transmission with ones from a better car. All sorts of work to get it running but it does. Ran all new fuel lines, brake lines, pulley setups, big radiator with two huge puller fans, heat extractor vents in the hood, and air intake vents to cool the brakes, our roll cage kit arrives this week and we start installing that on saturday. We went with a corbeau seat and still have to install it and make our own mount/slider setup.

I decided to only be a crew member and not a driver as my budget does not allow at this time. Even though we started two months ago, it is pretty astounding the amount of $ its taking to get the project race ready. Im shocked at the thousands of dollars the main team members are putting into this project. So I just wrench on the car and will be there at NJMP in may to do the same. FYI, you will need to buy proper fire suit and helmet if you dont already own one.

The main team members came up with the theme for our car and it is pretty catchy. The Inspector Gadget mobile. We have to make our own rear window louvers and other items but we do have a powerful PA speaker setup to be playing the inspector gadget theme song WHILE RACING on the course. It might get annoying after the first few hours though.

Good luck with the build. See ya there. Feel free to bounce any questions you have my way if need be.
Interesting. Can't wait to see it. Believe it or not this BMW is running strong and only paid 500(I swear). But we are only 800 for 4 people and the 5th guy is at 300 bc he is doing the labor. (Minus the fire suits.)

RiggsLW81
03-26-2015, 07:43 PM
we dont know yet. but the team name is rust in peace. pretty tacky. wish i could change

Rust In Peace is the greatest Megadeth album... period. its a perfect thrashterpiece. i think the name is badass.

WSex
04-15-2015, 07:29 PM
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9JWWYMh7KKLSEozMlVrYVpKX0k/edit?usp=docslist_api

So cage is almost done. Need to mount seat and weld on muffler. for paint this is after I hit it with a pressure washer. Now going to paint strip it let it surface rust and brush on a coat of used oil. Less than a month for the race

Artful Dodger
04-16-2015, 06:49 AM
Good luck!

Jersey Mike
04-16-2015, 07:03 AM
I have seen a lot of things on this site, but a video uploaded to Google Docs is an absolutely savage move. It's 2015; Discover YouTube, you barbarian!

But that thing actually sounds beefy. I was expecting worse, all around. Nice!

WSex
04-16-2015, 07:15 AM
I have seen a lot of things on this site, but a video uploaded to Google Docs is an absolutely savage move. It's 2015; Discover YouTube, you barbarian!

But that thing actually sounds beefy. I was expecting worse, all around. Nice!

Lol I did to drive over my phone and copied the link. Was the easiest lol

IROCZman15
04-17-2015, 11:35 PM
Awesome! I am pumped for the event! are you doing a theme car or just running it as is? The team I am a part of is progressing along really well, but we have a LOT of work to do in the next 3 weeks prior to the race. I don't think the team wants me to post any photos of the car online until the event happens, so I won't. It has come a LONG way since January. as it is we are still fitting roll cage bars, sorting out vacuum lines, and a whole assortment of electronics.. but it does run! we plan on getting there early Friday for the test session to work out the kinks. glad to see your team is getting ready for the race in just 3 weeks.

omarcamaro
04-18-2015, 09:57 PM
What is the 24 hours of Lemons?
Where is it held?

WSex
04-20-2015, 07:22 AM
The event will be may 9th and 10th. It won't be a 24 hour race but about 8 hours each day.

The car already has a nice coat of surface rust. But will let it sit another week before I coat it with burnt oil.

We are trying to do a flying grim reaper on the roof.

NJSPEEDER
04-24-2015, 05:17 AM
What is the 24 hours of Lemons?

Its a race that was invented by a bunch of guys to amuse themselves on basically no budget. The rules are simple, safety equipment you are encouraged to spend all that you can afford, the car......not so much. The goal is to have a car that if you pulled the safety stuff, wheels and tires, and allowable brake upgrades you couldn't get more than $500 for. Obviously this gets ignored if someone comes up with something creative or amusing, like the upside down Camaro, but the idea is still just to have fun. After getting covered by a few magaizines it went from a group of friends to a national thing with a bunch of events and even spawned a copycat/spin off series called Chump Car that is actually a national series with a points championship and everything based on the same concept of fun above cost.

IROCZman15
04-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Tim nailed it right on the head with his above writeup. This will be our teams first race/event so we are in total thrash mode the next few weeks. Full weekend of wrenching for most of the guys on my team this weekend. I'm actually heading to the garage in about 2 hours to assist. Again, I don't want to reveal too many details on the car/project yet, but we have the cage 95% in, car "painted", engine running (a few leaks to contend with), exhaust run, seat installed, brakes, wheels tires, brake ducts setup, fuel system plumbed and tested, cooling system setup (need new water pump), etc. A lot of the next stuff these two weeks involves wiring EVERYTHING, tuning the engine better, testing that the transmission even works, sorting out kinks, grabbing a full trailer and loading up all the gear/tools/ car, etc totally a fun project, but not as much with the deadline only 2 weeks away.

NJSPEEDER
04-24-2015, 01:19 PM
If you guys have fun doing the single event look into the Chump Car series events. They allow single event entries as well and last I looked hit a few different east coast tracks.

WSex
04-24-2015, 04:31 PM
If you guys have fun doing the single event look into the Chump Car series events. They allow single event entries as well and last I looked hit a few different east coast tracks.

yes especially lime rock

IROCZman15
05-04-2015, 05:33 AM
yup, I'm prety sure we plan to participate at 3-4 events this year (in total... LeMons and Chump car combined) Limerock being one of them..

man, the event is only 5 days away! Our car is basically ready. Had to sort out a LOT of last moment items on the car. Also picked up a trailer and had to do a bunch of work on it too. The team spent a few hours doing test-runs of getting in and out of the car while simulating an emergency with full suit/helmet/harness on this weekend so that was good. We will be going down Thursday afternoon and spending all Friday doing the test day and registration processes. Then racing as much as the car will survive through saturday and sunday. If anyone is going to this, come swing by our area if you feel like it. we will have the Inspector Gadget themed car. I'll be looking to stop by and visit with the Rust In Peace guys too.

NJSPEEDER
05-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Good luck, have fun, and take lots of pics.

WSex
05-06-2015, 06:37 AM
yup, I'm prety sure we plan to participate at 3-4 events this year (in total... LeMons and Chump car combined) Limerock being one of them..

man, the event is only 5 days away! Our car is basically ready. Had to sort out a LOT of last moment items on the car. Also picked up a trailer and had to do a bunch of work on it too. The team spent a few hours doing test-runs of getting in and out of the car while simulating an emergency with full suit/helmet/harness on this weekend so that was good. We will be going down Thursday afternoon and spending all Friday doing the test day and registration processes. Then racing as much as the car will survive through saturday and sunday. If anyone is going to this, come swing by our area if you feel like it. we will have the Inspector Gadget themed car. I'll be looking to stop by and visit with the Rust In Peace guys too.

We are nearing the end. Just need do tow hook. Seat belts . Flush cooling system and add water along with oil change. and some decorating. Will be doing today and Friday morning before we leave at like 11

WSex
05-11-2015, 07:07 AM
Ran into some issue on tech friday. Redid some things to please tech. Race Saturday got cut short 1 hour because of 4 penalties. Then raced Sunday no issues other than broken fan shroud.
no tools whatsoever
Friday we need more rollcage pipe and some guy just directed us to his house" the key is hiding near the door go in my garage get what you need" we then used his welder aswell. Truly nice people that attend. Other than that Saturday we didn't even check tire pressure. 20$ used (each) tires on the car and went out racing. Sunday we checked pressures and realized we had 20 psi. Great weekend. No trophy.

Inspector gadget was there. Not as lucky as us due to rod knock. Replaced motor all day Saturday and raced sunday. They got a trophy. Great looking car

sweetbmxrider
05-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Pics/vids?

NJ Torque
05-11-2015, 09:54 AM
Pics/vids?

Very interested to see.

IROCZman15
05-11-2015, 10:58 AM
what an awesome awesome event!

I TOOK LOTS OF PICTURES BUT NEED A FEW MORE DAYS BEFORE I CAN UPLOAD THEM OFF OF MY CAMERA be patient

I had a great time. we arrived on Thursday around 6pm got our garage area all setup and tents, canopy, etc setup. hungout and drove the car around the paddock a bunch to check for issues. spent some time setting up the go pro cameras to the live-feed and tv monitor system. hungout with a bunch of the other teams that got there Thursday and poked around at some of their cars.

Friday, after we registered, passed the NJMP tech, the driver gear tech, and rules meetings we did some work on the car, took a few test laps on the track and realized the brakes were dragging. pulled off all the wheels and tested the system. ended up buying and replacing the master cylinder, power booster, and shortening the actuator rod to compensate for the bigger, thicker ebc brakes and rotors we run. drove the car around and then noticed we had an oil pressure issue. it was reallly really low. as in 8psi under acceleration! pulled off the oil pan which we knew was damaged by a previous owner who prob thought it was a good place to jack the car up on. however in our weeks of testing the car it never had an oil pressure issue. once the oil pan was off we noticed that the pickup and screen were damaged and that the timing chain guide that was once in the case had been chewed up to a million plastic pieces that were crowded around the entire oil pickup tube. (we had installed a new timing chain guide a few months ago because there was NONE and we did not know why it was missing.... just that it was missing... welp, we found out why on Friday) We pulled the oil pan off the other engine i hauled down (which was actually the original stock engine we yanked out in February) cleaned up the oil pan, ordered a oil pan gasket from NAPA, who DELIVERED it to the track (right to our garage bay) put he oil pan back on and lowered the engine back in the car. it ran fine and oil pressure was proper. there was a rod knock at startup though. the track was closed for the day so we did a few more little projects on the car and tested it on the paddock area (10 mph speed limit) Hungout at various crews garage areas the rest of the night and ate and drank beer.

Saturday morning we went through Lemons tech and the Lemons drivers/crew meetings. We had our theme as the Inspector Gadget mobile and some of the guys had props and costumes.. I just chilled. Since we were all new and this was our first time, along with the theme of the car and our various "bribe" treats for the judges, they gave us ZERO lap penalties. We were put in B class which is for the middle grade cars. (some other teams were assigned CRAZy ridiculous penalties... one team started at -1000 laps...thats negative-one-thousand-laps! ha) The judges wished us luck and gave us the harsh reality that very few "first time" teams do well or survive the two day event.

we got the car on the track around 11ish and on the first lap our driver radioed in that he had a bad rod knock. When he radioed in I could hear the rod knocking very loudly over his voice. We pulled the car into the garage, assessed the situation, and decided we HAD to put in the spare engine. however, we have been robbing parts off this engine since January, so this was a little more complicated. out came the radiator, fans, air intake stuff, strut tower bar, swaybar, lots of electrical wiring etc. at the same time three other guys were starting to get the other engine prepared, cleaning stuff up, checking components, installing various parts of it. it was now around 1:00 when the engine came out of the car and some of its parts (the oil pan of course), the timing chain guide, etc etc were put on the spare engine. we did not yank the engine and transmission together .. and this proved to delay us a bit as we had a hell of a time getting them lined up during the reinstall. once the basics were buttoned up we tried to fire it up but no start. it cranked, had spark, had compression (low on cyl#2 though) but teh timing was way off. we diagnosed it to be 90 deg off , so we jumped links on the timing chain/gear, clocked the distributor and fired it up. it ran! it was like 3:00 then, so we thrashed to get the rest of the stuf (radiator, electronics, hood etc) on, but did not make it in time to get a few laps in before the track was shut down at 4:00pm we were still at 0 laps and in like 114th place

oh, interestingly (and awesomely) the airport that is right next to the racetrack was having a big air show this weekend so the whole afternoon on Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday we were able to watch all sorts of airplanes doing tricks. p52 mustangs, f16 fighter jets, propeller planes, THE THUNDERBIRDS, etc. doing huge loops, spins, dives, stalls, criss-crossing 4 at a time, and my favorite, the f-16 flying inverted/up-side-down probably 200 feet off the ground. broke the sound barrier a few times... man those fighter jets are freaking LOUD.

Sunday, we woke up early, a few final checks on the car, and we hit the starting grid. the car ran great. slow but great. ended up having NO engine issues, and only some steering/suspension issues because our camber is WAY crazy. the go pros were running, the gps tracking setup was recording our laps, we had the live video feed to watch in the garage, changed drivers regularly, fueled up in the hot-pits just fine. We only had an issue with our radio communications not being clear enough but we will fix that. Again, i was not a driver because i didn't put $ into this project... I'd rather put money into my car or house or vacations.

The track waved the checkered flag right at 3:00 pm. We made is ALLLLMOST all day, but on the last 2 laps of the race, the exhaust fell off the car and was dragging and bouncing all over so the driver (who was the least experienced of all of us car/mechanic wise)did not know what the sound was and pulled over to be towed in. he thought it was the transmission or driveshaft, but it was only the exhaust.. all of it. jut dragging like a snake. We did get an award because the judges appreciated our theme, the hard work all Friday and Saturday, the fact that we rebounded from two major engine issues, were a brand new team at our first event, and a few other things they mentioned. The award we got was "for being from new jersey but driving least like a person from new jersey" basically we didn't cause any wrecks, didn't cause a yellow flag, did not get any black flags or penalties, and stayed clear from faster cars passing by. pretty cool.

We had an awesome awesome time. All of us. I met Mario (Wsex) and checked out his car a bit. They ran really well and I saw Mario driving the hell out of the car too. Got some photos for him also. We took a while to pack up all of our stuff, tools, tents, gear, and loaded up the trailers for the long ride home. Got rained on a bit too. Made it back to our home base in Rockaway Twp at 10:30 pm and took about an hour to unpack and unload. Got back to my house at midnight and after a shower and dinner i just collapsed from exhaustion. Awesome event, we will be doing it again probably in Connecticut in August. I doubt there will be a 3 day air-show for us to watch at that one though....

NJSPEEDER
05-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Sounds like it was a good time. Glad it worked out.

So, now that you survived this first experience are you planning to do some more racing?

Artful Dodger
05-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Congratulations on a job well done!

WSex
05-12-2015, 09:41 AM
Sounds like it was a good time. Glad it worked out.

So, now that you survived this first experience are you planning to do some more racing?

Definetely. We are planning Carolina in september. But this time we are really cutting up the car. Rocket on wheels

NJSPEEDER
05-15-2015, 07:27 AM
Is that another LeMons event or ChumpCar?

WSex
05-15-2015, 08:55 AM
Is that another LeMons event or ChumpCar?

Lemons

IROCZman15
05-20-2015, 03:42 PM
yes, we plan on doing at LEAST one or TWO more events this calendar year, LeMons and/or Chump car

sorry that these are somewhat out of order, but I just finally got to upload them.

some are my iphone photos, but the rest are from a good-ish Cannon camera...if you want to see the better quality photos, skip the first 60 or so from my iphone and look at the better camera ones. Also, I have some videos of the air-show in there too

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123927173@N02/sets/72157653080175091

let me know if the link or page is acting weird, it was earlier today

sweetbmxrider
05-20-2015, 07:46 PM
Awesome man! What a great event!

WSex
07-02-2015, 11:40 PM
Already registered for south fall lemons race. Kershaw sc.
Lots of goodies for the car

WSex
07-10-2015, 05:53 PM
coilovers
toyo r888 on factory rim
strut bar
underbrace
clutch
radiator
and performance chip
along with some walkie talkies

good way to spend 2k dollars
lol...

Jersey Mike
07-10-2015, 07:12 PM
coilovers
toyo r888 on factory rim
strut bar
underbrace
clutch
radiator
and performance chip
along with some walkie talkies

good way to spend 2k dollars
lol...

Personally I think I'd have done a cool air intake, a NOS fogger system and a T4 turbo... direct port nitrous, an AIC controller and a stand alone fuel management system. :shrug:

WSex
07-11-2015, 04:45 PM
transporter
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/5110892148.html ???????

what do you guys think?
load the car,
leave some seats. turn some around with tables. the never ending possibilites

Blackbirdws6
07-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Get it!

sweetbmxrider
07-12-2015, 06:53 AM
Smash sent me a craigslist link to a guy that made one into a flat bed like you are saying. It was hilarious.

IROCZman15
08-18-2015, 10:21 PM
just a quick writeup to continue info on this Lemons endeavor

So the team I am helping wrench on "Gadget Inspectors" just participated in the 24 Hours of Lemons race a week and a half ago. It was up at Thompson Speedway in Connecticut. Unfortunately for this one I had just gotten back from a 8 day vacation and had to work all weekend that they were going up there so I was unable to attend.

In the interim we had the engine out of the car, completely refreshed and rebuilt by the team. Unfortunately, once it went back in the car (about 8 days before the race) it ran for 15 seconds and seized up completely. Couldn't even turn it over by hand with a huge breaker bar and all the spark plugs out. Tore the entire engine apart to realize that someone had over-tightened the main cap on bearing #3 and this caused the crank to lock up. Sent the block and crank out for repair/repolishing and when it got back 5 days before the race there was a huge thrash to rebuild the engine (Again) and get it back in the car. all went well and the car was up and running with 2 days to go. Trailers were loaded up with parts and the car and 4 of the team members headed off to Connecticut.
-larger swaybars were also installed, different tires were mounted on spare sets of wheels for testing, and various other mods/repairs were done to the car also.

The team said the car ran strong and actually performed better than their driving abilities could handle on this particular course. They finished 60th place with over 250 laps in the two days. We plan on doing one more race this calendar year, and I think its around Halloween actually. I hope to attend and crew chief again, but I just don't have $ in my vehicle budget to jump in as a driver this year

www.bangshift.com actually did a cool writeup and had coverage on their webpage, and theres a single photo of our Gadget mobile. too

http://bangshift.com/general-news/event-coverage/bangshift-visits-24-hours-lemons-pure-automotive-insanity/

WSex
08-19-2015, 01:41 AM
We are fully paid for lemons south fall and Halloween hoop tie fest. Feel free to tag along if you want

NJSPEEDER
08-20-2015, 08:21 AM
Date and location?

WSex
08-20-2015, 02:21 PM
Date and location?

9/19 weekend. Kershaw south Caroline and laSt weekend of October in new hampshire

IROCZman15
08-20-2015, 03:45 PM
yea, the one I mentioned above is October 23, 24, 25 in New Hampshire

WSex
09-14-2015, 09:16 PM
ATTENTION DRIVER NEEDED

This is your chance. To race and possibly be permanant on our team. Had 2 drivers back out due to work.
So I'm going to run a really good deal.
600 includes transport race time and your fees.all you're responsible for is chipping in for food and beverages
Your sleeping bag for camping
And fuel for way down and at race. That's all.
Yup
You need to buy or borrow a 3layer suit

We are leaving thus day at 6ish pm
And will be back Monday morning. Early morning.

WSex
09-14-2015, 09:17 PM
Text me 9734459231

WSex
11-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Great race in new hampshire. Saw the inspector gadget 240sx up there. Clutch be 4 hours before finish

IROCZman15
11-04-2015, 07:13 PM
yup, my team was up there at New Hampshire event two weeks ago. I couldn't make it because I had a bacherlor party all weekend that same weekend. Our team finished Middle of the stack in group B. No real engine trouble, but over the winter we want to change to a limited slip diff, wider wheel combination, various heat shielding projects, and weight reduction.

how did you and the car do ?

WSex
11-04-2015, 10:42 PM
yup, my team was up there at New Hampshire event two weeks ago. I couldn't make it because I had a bacherlor party all weekend that same weekend. Our team finished Middle of the stack in group B. No real engine trouble, but over the winter we want to change to a limited slip diff, wider wheel combination, various heat shielding projects, and weight reduction.

how did you and the car do ?

Car ran strong. We really gained most positions Sunday morning when the track was soaked. Was passing 4 cars per lap on average. But around 2pm the slave went and had no more clutch

WSex
11-30-2015, 12:51 AM
Cracked pan on e30. Too much rust. Scrapped the car. Just picked up an e36 to lemonade for Alabama race

NJSPEEDER
12-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Cracked oil pan via curb riding or some other natural disaster?

Is there any parts carry over from the E30 to the E36?

WSex
02-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Cracked oil pan via curb riding or some other natural disaster?

Is there any parts carry over from the E30 to the E36?

yes

short shifter, clutch, trans, rear, axles,
coilovers for e36 is 250$

WSex
05-06-2016, 07:47 AM
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/wsex/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/20160421_135613_zps8q1oqulo.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/wsex/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/20160421_135613_zps8q1oqulo.jpg.html)

Because race car
On our way to ginger man raceway few weeks ago.

Njmp is next weekend

sweetbmxrider
05-06-2016, 08:44 AM
Needs moar lightbars

IROCZman15
05-07-2016, 09:17 AM
we will be there at NJMP our final car wrenching day is today rest of the week involvs packing tools and loading up and traveling

WSex
09-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Well here's a short and sweet update for nj a few months back. Rent a pretty kickass rv and drive it down. Car passes tech and we go for some drinks. Wake up and it's race day 1st Driver goes out and comes back with the car overheating. So we run some tests and discover the headgasket is shot. So me and my cousin load the car up while the other 2 racers and family stay at the track and enjoy the day. 2 hours later we get to newark and tear this thing up. Pulled the head and the head is cracked along with a melted piston (pump leaning out right hand turns with no 02 sensors) here we go. So we lie to our teammates and tell them indeed it's the gasket and we will be back for dinner. 3 of my friends are pulling the engine 2 of us go to pick up a Craigslist motor. Buy the motor come back and discover it's an obd1 and we need obd2. Pull the rods and pistons along with the head for our original block. Wrenching away 5 people in total disassembling 2 engines to make 1. Its Saturday night. It gets late everyone is running on energy drinks. The bars close. We get distracted by this
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/wsex/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05/20160515_033319_zpswx4dcuxl.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/wsex/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05/20160515_033319_zpswx4dcuxl.jpg.html)

Now it's 7am. Our teamates and family went for breakfast. We are nowhere to be found. We get back to race. Car does 12 laps and spins a rod bearing.

Moral of story.
Don't let your cousin put 12 rod caps in 1 box
(Granted , Guy does mortgages for a living not work on cars)

Car is at Mechanic shop now getting ready for October race in michigan.

We bought a donor car to discover it has a 2.5 instead of the 2.8 but now we are running an upgraded intake manifold a double in tank pump left bank and right bank. an aluminum flywheel and a custom dyno tune if Kats is up for it

WSex
09-02-2016, 12:06 AM
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/wsex/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/IMG-20160413-WA0003_zpsm9cbit8o.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/wsex/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/IMG-20160413-WA0003_zpsm9cbit8o.jpg.html)

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/wsex/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/IMG-20160408-WA0002_zpsxyr1ufq6.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/wsex/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/IMG-20160408-WA0002_zpsxyr1ufq6.jpg.html)

sweetbmxrider
09-02-2016, 06:24 AM
Nice update. I'm going to start buying these things up and selling you parts for mad profitzzzzzzz

Jersey Mike
09-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Oh my God, what a nightmare :lol: It sounds like a giant ****-show, but if I'm sure you were laughing your ass off as you wrote this. It sounds like you're having fun, despite it all. Good luck, man! Keep us updated.

WSex
09-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Oh my God, what a nightmare :lol: It sounds like a giant ****-show, but if I'm sure you were laughing your ass off as you wrote this. It sounds like you're having fun, despite it all. Good luck, man! Keep us updated.

My cousin kept on wanting to call it quits. I remember telling him we cant quit. We will remember this for the rest of our lives. It's 1 more story to tell

IROCZman15
09-04-2016, 09:02 AM

it absolutley is a ****-show ! and I love it for that.

our team ran at NJ blew the engine very quickly. had another engine brought to us and we replaced the long block and ran almost all day sunday and then after a missed shift at max rpm's... blew that engine up too. great weekend

photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123927173@N02/albums/72157666422388774

https://c7.staticflickr.com/8/7331/27195244062_27a5c0c9d5_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Hr9JAj)IMG_2673 (https://flic.kr/p/Hr9JAj) by David Martin (https://www.flickr.com/photos/123927173@N02/), on Flickr

https://c6.staticflickr.com/8/7398/27291881885_ebeb92f5f3_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/HzG2DF)IMG_2696 (https://flic.kr/p/HzG2DF) by David Martin (https://www.flickr.com/photos/123927173@N02/), on Flickr

decided to scrap the single cam engine setup and go with a dual cam engine for it. new computer, all sorts of necessary changes.

we also ran at Connecticut a few weeks ago, actually did quite well. put down a few hundred laps/ran all weekend... finished right in the middle of the whole pack.

photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123927173@N02/albums/72157672828629635

WSex
10-24-2017, 10:08 PM
My 10th race is coming up this December at road Atlanta.
Our last race was in South Carolina and we lost a 2nd place lead mid Saturday bc of a motor mount bracket. Lost 4 hours of racing but managed to gain 30 positions finishing in 32nd place. We’ve been working on a project to haul our car. http://i67.tinypic.com/kdws5t.jpg

94 international school bus to be the lemon hauler. A lot of work but we finally managed to shove the car in there. Currently looking for 16 foot ramps without having to pay 1500$
Anyways I’ll try to post things more regularly.

wretched73
10-25-2017, 07:22 AM
I love your hauler. I sell aluminum tubing and sheet at work. Let me know if i can help you with anything

Blackbirdws6
10-25-2017, 08:04 AM
That hauler is amazing. Love it.

Jersey Mike
10-25-2017, 09:18 AM
Leave it to the pork chops! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love it!

IROCZman15
10-25-2017, 11:24 AM
south Carolina ?!?! Atlanta/!?! why do you travel so far to those events and not do the ones in Connecticut or New Hampshire.

New Hampshire event was like 3 days ago?
My team finished around 60th. first race in a while they didn't blow a motor to smitherines!!

sweetbmxrider
10-26-2017, 07:24 AM
Like that chock

WSex
11-03-2017, 01:03 AM
south Carolina ?!?! Atlanta/!?! why do you travel so far to those events and not do the ones in Connecticut or New Hampshire.

New Hampshire event was like 3 days ago?
My team finished around 60th. first race in a while they didn't blow a motor to smitherines!!

Connecticut is in august and half the team is overseas.
This was the first year we didn't do nh and we won't go back until its paved. There's literally like 10 different types of asphalt on that track and it always rains. EVery. Single. Year.

WSex
11-03-2017, 01:04 AM
I love your hauler. I sell aluminum tubing and sheet at work. Let me know if i can help you with anything

But do you sell 16 foot ramps in aluminum lol?

wretched73
11-03-2017, 06:40 AM
But do you sell 16 foot ramps in aluminum lol?

Hahah no sorry I don't, I didn't think anyone would make ones that would work for you

WSex
12-11-2017, 09:41 PM
I got so many pics to post. What a crazy weekend. We made it to road atlanta, and finished 19th out of 95 cars that started. We split a rotor in half and lost 48!minutes bc we had to go buy one. I held the 2nd fastest lap for the weeken. A 1:48:2xx
But since its a pain in the ass to post pics through my phone ima send pics to jersey mike and have him post it lol

Jersey Mike
12-12-2017, 04:02 PM
I got so many pics to post. What a crazy weekend. We made it to road atlanta, and finished 19th out of 95 cars that started. We split a rotor in half and lost 48!minutes bc we had to go buy one. I held the 2nd fastest lap for the weeken. A 1:48:2xx
But since its a pain in the ass to post pics through my phone ima send pics to jersey mike and have him post it lol
Like hell you are. Download an app, use the attachment feature, or email them to/upload them from your laptop

WSex
12-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Like hell you are. Download an app, use the attachment feature, or email them to/upload them from your laptop

Oh well

WSex
12-26-2017, 10:43 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/d9p1s.jpg

Heres an idea of what it looks like inside

2x4s go on hangers on rear of bus, plywood sits on it and then air matresses. To the right there is a futon and a fridge.

WSex
12-26-2017, 10:47 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2lbe6oj.jpg

I guess you guys get the idea.

The bus averaged 6.5mpg down 81 and 7mpg up 95.
I had the 5.xx swapped out for a 4.11 so we did a noce 67-72 cruising speed.
On a nice long stretch we could pull it to 78 mph lol
The bus with all our junk inside weighed 25k pounds
15k on rear axle and 10 on front axle. Ask me how i know lol.
Heat is a small issue. Driver is literally melting skin off with so mich heat, but 3 feet away your teeth are chattering..

We did win judges choice at the race, which was nice. Caught some snow down there friday and the first few hours of the race on saturday but ended up turning pretty good. Our next race will be in nj in may. MAYBE we can set up a meet down there. Good time watching all the hoopties race. Just an idea

PolarBear
12-27-2017, 08:19 AM
Did you build that roof rack?

Blackbirdws6
12-27-2017, 08:59 AM
That is all very awesome. Glad you guys are having fun.

LTb1ow
12-27-2017, 07:22 PM
State dot get you?

WSex
12-27-2017, 11:14 PM
Did you build that roof rack?

No was already there when we bought the bus. But ****** job. The top most lateral bars are held by self tappers and all loose. So we added more self tappers

WSex
12-27-2017, 11:15 PM
State dot get you?

Virginia weigh station. Little back and forth but they just wanted to see the set up

LTb1ow
12-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Virginia weigh station. Little back and forth but they just wanted to see the set up

Is the bus tagged commercial? Da hell you stop for ?

PolarBear
12-28-2017, 09:47 AM
Is the bus tagged commercial? Da hell you stop for ?

Aren't all vehicles over a certain weight registered as commercial by default? When I was on my way out to Ohio I say weigh station signs that said all trucks and buses must weigh, so maybe that is why they stopped?

Also isn't VA a pain with road stuff? Don't they outlaw radar detectors, or is that a different state?

wretched73
12-28-2017, 12:53 PM
Aren't all vehicles over a certain weight registered as commercial by default? When I was on my way out to Ohio I say weigh station signs that said all trucks and buses must weigh, so maybe that is why they stopped?

Also isn't VA a pain with road stuff? Don't they outlaw radar detectors, or is that a different state?

Nope, you're correct. Drove through Virginia a few times this year and I always mind my P's and Q's

LTb1ow
12-28-2017, 04:03 PM

Nope, its my understanding as long as you are not marked with sponser decals, and or towing for money, your 80k gvwr RV towing a two car, is perfectly legal with a non CDL.

PolarBear
12-28-2017, 04:44 PM
Nope, its my understanding as long as you are not marked with sponser decals, and or towing for money, your 80k gvwr RV towing a two car, is perfectly legal with a non CDL.

Maybe it depends on the vehicle. I wanted a flat bed and I looked into buying it, I was told it had to registered commercial

WSex
12-29-2017, 12:45 AM
Having to stop and not having to stop was a question we had. We do not have commercial plates. So no we dont really have to in virginia. But he said just better off rolling through it so trooper doesnt chase you down the road and would be even more time consuming.
Some states say commercial vehicle enter weigh station others say trucks and buses enter weigh station. Since we dont have mich luck in virginia and theyre a real pain in the ass. Especially with radar detectors. I decided to pull into all of them.

deadtrend1
12-31-2017, 06:58 PM
Maybe it depends on the vehicle. I wanted a flat bed and I looked into buying it, I was told it had to registered commercial

you need three magical words applied to the side ....
"not for hire"

WSex
01-02-2018, 11:37 PM
you need three magical words applied to the side ....
"not for hire"

Makes sense. Ill get it made

BonzoHansen
01-04-2018, 09:17 PM
http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?content=motorsports_trailers&g=SEMAGA. Varies state to state

And 'not for hire' might not save you. I've read some other articles, I'll see if I can find them.

IROCZman15
02-04-2018, 12:15 AM
here is your team!

at 4:45 into the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm3hDeK0iKk

the whole video is worth the watch though

WSex
02-04-2018, 09:05 PM
here is your team!

at 4:45 into the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm3hDeK0iKk

the whole video is worth the watch though

Was literally about to post this. Thank you. Thought it was funny they added me trying to figure out the rotor lol

WSex
04-17-2018, 10:23 PM
Anyone going to the nj race may12-13

IROCZman15
04-18-2018, 06:46 AM
we are skipping this race.

have plans to run other races this year though

are you guys going?

WSex
04-20-2018, 01:21 AM

are you guys going?

Yes we will be there. With a whole pig roast lol

WSex
05-16-2018, 10:23 PM

are you guys going?

Your car was across from me. And we did have the pig roast. They had some too

WSex
11-22-2018, 11:28 PM
Whatsup everyone. Still doing this.
Just got back from texas recently actually drove the car there for a full24 hour race. It exploded in the 13th hour in p3 while slowly getting closer to p1/p2
(Was in p1 but received a fueiling violation and front blowout)

Transported car back up.

Getting ready for my 18th race,
Wish njfboa never backed out on the lemons build.