PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Toms River hang outs

BigAls87Z28
08-01-2004, 12:56 AM
Hello everyone! Welcome to the site.

I, as well as a few others, like to hang out on RT.37 in Toms River and just shoot the chit. There are a few things that go on down there, for thoes new to the whole Toms River/Rt37 deal. A lot of cars.

Anyway, we hang out at the little Wawa on 37 WEST, aka going away from Seaside/The Ocean. Its a mini strip mall, and I will either be there in the Maxx, or when I get around to it...my Z.

I get there around 11. If you get there, and there is no one there, WAIT!! I will be there if I say so. This will be a continual thread, as I dont want to keep making thread after thread after thread.

If you plan on going down, this SN is my AIM name, so shoot me an IM and I will give you my cell number if you want it.

jims69camaro
08-08-2004, 01:13 AM
i show up about monthly. like tonight. colder than usual - where are those dog days of summer? global warming?

NJSPEEDER
08-08-2004, 02:16 AM
i show up about monthly. like tonight. colder than usual - where are those dog days of summer? global warming?

we left all that crap in teh 80's with the cocaine, big hair, and members only jackets :) now we protect teh planet by buying annoying slow little crappy cars that get ubermileage and defend all the cute animals. hehe

later
tim

jims69camaro
08-08-2004, 10:06 AM

we left all that crap in teh 80's with the cocaine, big hair, and members only jackets :) now we protect teh planet by buying annoying slow little crappy cars that get ubermileage and defend all the cute animals. hehe

later
tim

woah, waitaminnit... i have to cut my hair AND get a new hobby AND buy a new wardrobe? dayam. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NJSPEEDER
08-08-2004, 12:47 PM

later
tim

woah, waitaminnit... i have to cut my hair AND get a new hobby AND buy a new wardrobe? dayam. :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, but we get to keep teh addidax and fat laces cause they are "retro" now. :)

later
tim

BigAls87Z28
08-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Alright, whos ready to come and hang out? Ill be there in the Maxx at the little Wawa, probably hanging with Jim and his pimp-ass first gen.
If you are in the area, just stop in and say hi. 8)

1RawTA
08-12-2004, 07:55 AM
if its nice i might be out saturday night. i may not have my car so i might be in my moms caddy cts..

jims69camaro
08-12-2004, 03:59 PM
if its nice i might be out saturday night. i may not have my car so i might be in my moms caddy cts..

no problem, as long as it's a CTS-V... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wasted Youth
08-12-2004, 10:04 PM
if im not at a party...ill show up...saturday night is usually party night...

BlueFBird
08-13-2004, 05:23 PM
ill show up

ArCoLoG2
08-13-2004, 11:38 PM
I would show up, however this Hurricane thing is on it's way up the coast...I gotta see what it's going to do...I'm in the coast guard and we might have to bring our Helo's inland, which means no more weekend for me...

1RawTA
08-14-2004, 12:17 AM

yea ok, its a CTS-V6

jims69camaro
08-14-2004, 08:19 AM

yea ok, its a CTS-V6

bwahahahahaaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol:

good one...

jims69camaro
08-14-2004, 09:49 PM
rain, rain... go away...

i decided to stay in tonight instead of trekking out in the rain. rain, night-time and NJ drivers do not mix, and it's worse on a Saturday when they've been drinking... :roll:

LS1LT1
08-15-2004, 03:32 AM
I'm usually down there almost every Saturday night, skipped last night though due to the rain and needing a change...will be back down next week for sure though. :)

ar0ck
08-15-2004, 02:54 PM
So this is every friday night? Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll head down. With the 4-speed & 4.10's :twisted:

jims69camaro
08-15-2004, 05:52 PM
So this is every friday night? Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll head down. With the 4-speed & 4.10's :twisted:

yeah, but it's every Saturday. and come on out. the more, the merrier (and the more to make fun of the ricers as they ride by with their fart-cans, neons and "whistler turbo devices"... :lol: )

BigAls87Z28
08-16-2004, 05:14 AM
*cough*check the title*cough*

If it rains, good chance people arent gunna go down.

BigPlanTransAm
08-16-2004, 04:09 PM
theres too many cops on 37 now, me and some of my friends have gotten a little thing going on at white castle on RT 9. theres some f-bods, some 5.0's, and only a few ricers :oops:. were out there on fridays and saturdays. its not big like 37 yet but were trying to get it started like that so anybody that wants can come. just dont bring too many ricers :oops: :D

Malibu79
08-16-2004, 08:50 PM
are we planing to do this every saturday ?
and what time do you go down /

jims69camaro
08-16-2004, 09:53 PM
theres too many cops on 37 now, me and some of my friends have gotten a little thing going on at white castle on RT 9. theres some f-bods, some 5.0's, and only a few ricers :oops:. were out there on fridays and saturdays. its not big like 37 yet but were trying to get it started like that so anybody that wants can come. just dont bring too many ricers :oops: :D

the cops don't mess with us. they pull up a chair and talk wih us about what's going on, and even give us a little info about what spots are too hot to hang out at. we are not a ricer group. the ricers scatter when the cops pull into the lot, kind of like the cockroaches do when you turn on the light.

there's no reason why we couldn't meet at the wawa, then run down to the white castle - on route 9, you say? what town is that in?

as far as meeting time - al said it in his post up top - the first post - it's 11:00 p.m. until whenever.

jims69camaro
08-21-2004, 07:26 PM
just to throw something out: the cops had said if we wanted to hang out with no interference from them then the bus depot in toms river is the place. however, after one night there i can tell you that not only do the cops not go there but literally no one was there.

i'll be at the little wawa around 11:00 tonight.

BigAls87Z28
08-21-2004, 11:56 PM

you meen the new one on rt 9? I would, by thats ex-gf area. Ill try to make it out one night.
On 37, we dont get too much harrasment by cops. Usualy they drive throught and yell. We usualy just go into the pizza shop, or go in the Wawa. Cant tell us to leave if we are buying stuff. 8)

Wasted Youth
08-22-2004, 12:37 AM
alot of cars were out tonight, but none of you girls came out to play....lol

BigAls87Z28
08-22-2004, 12:51 AM
really? I didnt go down because of the ****** weather. I didnt think anyone was gunna go down. Oh well.

LS1LT1
08-22-2004, 01:48 AM
alot of cars were out tonight, but none of you girls came out to play....lol
Hey man, were you on 37 near the Parkway heading towards the U turn by the diner at around 11:30pm Saturday night? I think we were right next to you in a blue/greenish Hyundai Elantra. 8)
We were down there as well but I expected a little more action considering the good air and all. :x

jims69camaro
08-22-2004, 02:32 PM
i was out but i wan't feeling too well so i didn't stay in one place too long. it's weird, but the back feels better if the car is moving. anyway, i did the drive-by thing a coupla times and didn't see anyone hanging out at the wawa.

bring your jacket next week. :lol:

Wasted Youth
08-22-2004, 09:49 PM
yea...was me...lol i prolly had my stereo up....and toasted my alternator 10 mins later...made it home fine...i saw a couple people looking but i basically blow everyone off not driving an f-body...because most ask me if i want to race...and i just go up to check out the cars and get out of the house...i was coming home from my friend teds house...car was dirtier then i dont know what...

Streetmachine19
08-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Which Wawa is it that you guys meet at 'cause I wanna' head down there this Sat. & I might bring a friend. Is it that huge one that, I think, is pretty new? I've been on 37 a few times but I don't really know it too well. How long does it take to get there from Seaside?

BigAls87Z28
08-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Which Wawa is it that you guys meet at 'cause I wanna' head down there this Sat. & I might bring a friend. Is it that huge one that, I think, is pretty new? I've been on 37 a few times but I don't really know it too well. How long does it take to get there from Seaside?

10 mins? Seaside is at the end of 37.
We dont meet at that big one, but the smaller one up the road a bit. Drive down 37 west, and there is a very small Wawa there in a mini strip mall.

Streetmachine19
08-25-2004, 12:35 AM
cool, thanx! :lol:

LS1LT1
08-26-2004, 12:18 AM
yea...was me...lol i prolly had my stereo up....and toasted my alternator 10 mins later...made it home fine...i saw a couple people looking but i basically blow everyone off not driving an f-body...because most ask me if i want to race...and i just go up to check out the cars and get out of the house...i was coming home from my friend teds house...car was dirtier then i dont know what...
Yeah we saw ya then. :)