PDA

View Full Version : Need carb!

89CamaroRS
08-10-2004, 08:27 AM
I'm rockin a 750cfm Quadra-junk :bang: on top of a XE274 cam and Edlebrock performer series alum. heads in a 350 SB. i desperately need a better carb to get the ful potential out of this set up. anyone got a 750-800cfm holley or 750cfm speed demon they're looking to get rid of?

Malibu79
08-11-2004, 12:29 AM
i will see i think i might have a friend that has a 750 holly that just needs some freshing up i will check with him though and get back to you

89CamaroRS
08-11-2004, 01:14 PM
i will see i think i might have a friend that has a 750 holly that just needs some freshing up i will check with him though and get back to you

thanx bro.

Wasted Youth
08-11-2004, 01:39 PM
someone at my job was selling a holley 750dp HP series...if i see him at work ill say something...

Malibu79
08-14-2004, 10:02 PM
sorry he doesn't have but i will see if i can find one

89CamaroRS
08-15-2004, 02:40 PM
aight. thanx ty.

Malibu79
08-15-2004, 08:46 PM
how is the car coming along otherwise

formula4speed
08-15-2004, 09:54 PM
have a friend in my delaware based f-body club with one, want me to ask if he's willing to ship it?

Holley 750. Same deal as heads and Intake. Manual choke, Zinc plated, Vaccum secondaries-includes dual fuel inlet line. Had one backfire.$230

thats the info he gave (by same deal he means he took them off before he even ran the engine, was going on his vette but decided to rebuild it to stock specs)

89CamaroRS
08-15-2004, 10:26 PM
that's perfect. tell him i'll definately take it. if he'll ship it, great. if not, no big deal. thanx a lot man.

-Will
AIM: crazyhckydvl

Malibu79
08-16-2004, 01:14 AM
have a friend in my delaware based f-body club with one, want me to ask if he's willing to ship it?

Holley 750. Same deal as heads and Intake. Manual choke, Zinc plated, Vaccum secondaries-includes dual fuel inlet line. Had one backfire.$230

thats the info he gave (by same deal he means he took them off before he even ran the engine, was going on his vette but decided to rebuild it to stock specs)

you have to look at that will backfire can damage carb. I can get some from Kenny nutt from work he has a **** load of them laying when you get back we can take a run down there cuz he has some stuff for me also so we would need the truck. The women is throwing all his **** out so really cheap

89CamaroRS
08-16-2004, 04:31 PM

you have to look at that will backfire can damage carb. I can get some from Kenny nutt from work he has a **** load of them laying when you get back we can take a run down there cuz he has some stuff for me also so we would need the truck. The women is throwing all his **** out so really cheap

i know, but holley's r pretty solid. dont think one backfire would mess with it too much. that and tim has tons of parts for holleys. if anything's bad he can prolly fix it. gonna redo alot of the springs, etc. anyway. thanx anyway man.

formula4speed
08-16-2004, 04:33 PM
I gave him your AIM s/n but I don't know how much he is online, hope you find what you need.

89CamaroRS
08-16-2004, 05:58 PM
does he have an email or phone # i can reach him at?

Malibu79
08-16-2004, 08:45 PM
I know what you mean will but they can get really messed up by a backfire just get it a little cheaper

NJSPEEDER
08-16-2004, 09:21 PM
only thing a backfire will really mess up normally is athe power valve, no biggie, they only cost a few bucks and take about 5mins to swap. it woudl have to be a pretty bad backfire to hurt anything else other than a little carbon coating :)

later
tim

jims69camaro
08-17-2004, 01:39 PM
only thing a backfire will really mess up normally is athe power valve, no biggie, they only cost a few bucks and take about 5mins to swap. it woudl have to be a pretty bad backfire to hurt anything else other than a little carbon coating :)

later
tim

or singe your eyebrows if you're adjusting it at the time of the backfire... :oops:

formula4speed
08-18-2004, 06:59 PM
My one friend sold his but if you haven't found anything yet email this guy L881969@aol.com he is in south jersey and has tons of carbs and parts. Just tell him Formula4speed from DSR sent you, won't get you a discount but I told him you were looking.

NJSPEEDER
08-18-2004, 07:49 PM

later
tim

or singe your eyebrows if you're adjusting it at the time of the backfire... :oops:

and let us not forget that advice we got from the old timer"never reach across a running engine to rev it" . funny how i always remeber that one as i start to smell the burnt arm hair :)

later
tim

89CamaroRS
08-18-2004, 08:46 PM
My one friend sold his but if you haven't found anything yet email this guy L881969@aol.com he is in south jersey and has tons of carbs and parts. Just tell him Formula4speed from DSR sent you, won't get you a discount but I told him you were looking.

aight, i'll do that. thanx again.

Will