PDA

View Full Version : Who goes to Atco on Saturdays?

82CAM
08-10-2004, 11:29 AM
I try to make Saturday at Atco as much as I can, that's the best day for me since I work a night shift. Just wondering who else goes on Saturday.

Little G
08-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Most of us go evenings, alot of us work Sats. We occasionally get there on weekends though. I checked out your site, very nice ride!!! Keep up the good work and welcome to the site.

foff667
08-10-2004, 11:42 AM
I try to make Saturday at Atco as much as I can, that's the best day for me since I work a night shift. Just wondering who else goes on Saturday.

personally ive been struggling with my car lately so havent been able to hit the track much at all ,twice since april, hopefully with the car running much better now I'll be able to make it over there more often.

lata
bill

NJSPEEDER
08-10-2004, 02:52 PM
nto yet, i am doin an LS1 swap opn my car along with a few other goodies. next season i woudl like to get involved in running points again though. it has been years since i have even competed in a bracket race.
what class do you run?

later
tim

82CAM
08-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Tim, I run in the Heavy class when I'm at Atco. Lot of fun and good competition in that class. They have a good street class on Saturday also, it has alot cars in it now with a 12.0 index or higher.

NJSPEEDER
08-10-2004, 09:42 PM
i will have to see how my car works out. which class my et is in may come down to how i shift it. i can not say that i woudl really like to run in teh heavy class considering the caliber of drivers atco tends to field.
the street class will still prolly handle me, but it will be an easier learnign curve than heavy.

later
tim

82CAM
08-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Tim, I understand what you mean, Atco is a money track, they have good payouts on the weekends and that brings the good racers. I'm just getting enough practice in where I can go some rounds in the eliminators. It's a real rush when I beat some of the regulars. :D

Malibu79
08-11-2004, 12:03 AM
nice car looking foward to seeing you run

NJSPEEDER
08-11-2004, 03:57 PM
it is easy for me to be intimidated by the talent at atco. i grew up in the same neighborhood as all of Frank's Family Racing. i see the nova and teh chevelle all the time when i cut through teh neighborhoods to get places.
i will prolly still try my hand at heavy at some point, i did ok when i went a few times several years ago, i am jsut way too out of practice to give points a shot though.

later
tim

deadtrend1
08-11-2004, 05:16 PM
I usually go thursday nights and try to follow with the quick 8 cars. Sometimes I run mine if I drive it down.

82CAM
08-12-2004, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys at the track one of these times.

ArCoLoG2
08-12-2004, 10:32 AM
Hey guys, just joined up on the site....From Brigantine next to A.C. Never been to Atco on a Saturday, but I'd be willing to if you ever go, throw an instant message my way on AIM Arcolog2...Working right now, talk to you guys some time soon.. Kill Mustangs!!

Fastbird
08-12-2004, 03:51 PM

personally ive been struggling with my car lately so havent been able to hit the track much at all ,twice since april, hopefully with the car running much better now I'll be able to make it over there more often.

I'm in the same boat, except I haven't had my "track" car to the track since May of Last year.

deadtrend1
08-12-2004, 08:07 PM
i really dont race there much though. They raised prices, give the bikes more time then cars. Have to hear the locals reving their loud as hell rotary buckets annoying everyone. Last time I ran go about 2 runs in, unless I'm curious about how well a mod affected my ET, I just watch the pro's. Thats why i try to watch the quick 8's mainly.

Its just how I feel.... I used to go to e-town a lot but thats just a pretty big hike up the turnpike.

NJSPEEDER
08-12-2004, 08:18 PM
i really dont race there much though. They raised prices, give the bikes more time then cars. Have to hear the locals reving their loud as hell rotary buckets annoying everyone. Last time I ran go about 2 runs in, unless I'm curious about how well a mod affected my ET, I just watch the pro's. Thats why i try to watch the quick 8's mainly.

Its just how I feel.... I used to go to e-town a lot but thats just a pretty big hike up the turnpike.

jsut one more reason that work has already begun on an f-body only day that will be hosted by our club. :)

later
tim

Squirrel
08-12-2004, 09:02 PM
im going tentatively next friday if weather holds

Jersey_TA
08-13-2004, 07:24 AM
I have only gone a few times on the saturdays. It's alot of fun, but I usually go on thursdays or fridays.

82CAM
08-13-2004, 12:30 PM
deadtrend1, your probaly thinking of Sunday that's when the bikes run, there isn't any bikes on Saturday and I'm hard pressed to remember any ricers. You'll see alot of muscle new and old and alot of Super Pro and dragsters. I understand why you follow Quick8 that class is awesome. They did hike prices a little this year, $47 to run Heavy and I think about $30ish to run Street but the payouts are good if you advance into later rounds. Some Satudays are better than others as far as getting passes in depending if it's a special venue running or not and it can be a long day. The trick is to get there early and get all your time runs in and if your fortunate enough to go a couple rounds. I usually get in 5 or 6 passes to at least get my fun for the money. A couple weeks ago they had a special venue, the Gambardella Series day and I ran the regular Saturday $47 class and got into the third round and got $45 back, I'm tellin Ya you would of thought I hit the daily number for a $1000. :D They got some good racers there but nobody should be intimadated because with a little practice at cutting a good light and sometimes a little luck you can go some rounds and have a good time. I like Etown also, I like the Saturday afternoon 3:00 show when they run Real Street into the night. You can get alot of passes in there and can run under 12's in that class. I run that if they have something like Ford weekend at Atco. The only negative which isn't that much of a deal is they have noise regs on Saturday and I can't run with my exhaust dumps open. :(

tomss99
09-06-2004, 06:35 PM
i go thursdays... i didnt know you could sat. but now im gonna start