PDA

View Full Version : Somerville next friday the 20th???

NJSPEEDER
08-12-2004, 08:28 PM
hey gang,
since we are basically off teh ground here on the site i was gonna head up to somerville and hand out flyers. anyone wanna go with?
for those of you that haven't been there. every friday main street in somerville turns into the coolest cruise spot in nj. lots of great cars, almost exclusively domestic, and nice people.

later
tim

j0n
08-12-2004, 11:14 PM
damn man i really wanna go...i may have to go with the parents out 2 dinner that night but he's right it is one HELL of a show...be prepared to drive around for a half hour at least if u want a spot on the street

BigAls87Z28
08-13-2004, 01:07 AM
hrmmmm.....I think im coming down with something, and I wont be able to go to work tomorrow.... 8)
I dont know if the weather is gunna hold out? Tim, if you are online tomorrow, Ill talk to you.

ShitOnWheels
08-13-2004, 07:07 AM
hrmmmm.....I think im coming down with something, and I wont be able to go to work tomorrow.... 8)
I dont know if the weather is gunna hold out? Tim, if you are online tomorrow, Ill talk to you.
Not today, the 20th...next Fri ;)

ArCoLoG2
08-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Man I'd like to go, anything is better than going to my girlfriends friends "play". My girlfriend feels the same way thank god...We're up for meeting new people, our friends have all been turning into ********, so a new crowd would be great...Only thing is I feel so out of the loop, all the way down here in Atlantic City, it's gunna take me over 2 hours on a friday night to get up that way...And if I am going to make it to SilverT/A's house Saturday morning, that's a **** load of driving that I can't afford...(I am temporarily broke, lol) But I'll let you know man, what time you looking at going?

NJSPEEDER
08-19-2004, 08:49 PM
we usually try to get up there around 7ish. bythen teh street is prety much full of cars to stare at :)

later
tim

Fasterthanyou
08-19-2004, 08:54 PM
I'll be there.

j0n
08-19-2004, 08:59 PM
i'll be there....pending reg/insurance it'll be in the new car

BigAls87Z28
08-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Ill be there, or at least try.

ArCoLoG2
08-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Could be in the area around then...Where would we meet? Don't know North Jersey too much, although I'm quite familiar with all the "safe" places to speed on the GSP. Used to drive it every weekend to where I am from in NY to visit my ex....Needless to say she was an expensive one, cost me tons of money on my last car trade in cause of the mileage. :evil: Again not 100% sure if I'm going to make it....

stadtnw
08-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Hello I'm new here. If the weather holds up I might make it down there. I'm only about 20 minutes away. I drive a silver ta convertible. You'll here me my car makes alot of noise. Just look for a ta convertible with a roll cage.
Joe

BigAls87Z28
08-20-2004, 06:03 AM
OOOO BOY!! Cant wait to go!! I hope its a much better turn out this week then last.

Tru2Chevy
08-20-2004, 09:15 AM
Hello I'm new here. If the weather holds up I might make it down there. I'm only about 20 minutes away. I drive a silver ta convertible. You'll here me my car makes alot of noise. Just look for a ta convertible with a roll cage.
Joe

I will def. be on the lookout for that car :D

Welcome to the club Joe!

- Justin

HardcoreZ28
08-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Tim,
I'll be there from like 6-7:30 tonight.....my father's Datsun club is getting some special treatment there tonight. I won't have my car because I'm still installing the new engine, but call me if you're there. (732) 319-3326

Paul

NJSPEEDER
08-20-2004, 03:40 PM
hey paul,
been a while brotha. i still have all that stuff from our ill fated 442 idea. i will definately hit you up tonight man, welcome to the club.

later
tim

BigAls87Z28
08-20-2004, 03:42 PM
what time is everyone going?

NJSPEEDER
08-20-2004, 03:50 PM
plannign to leave here 5:45ish, prolly make it up there in about an hour

later
tim

stadtnw
08-20-2004, 06:59 PM
I was down there for about 45 min. Then I had to head home my wife had dinner ready and I was starving. I didn't get to meat any of you but maybe next friday.
Joe

j0n
08-20-2004, 08:07 PM
couldnt make it...gf got back from camp and wanted some "her" time :roll: but i will be at pat?'s house tomorrow and im hoping the taurus will clunk its way to island on sunday

foff667
08-20-2004, 10:12 PM
it was actually a really good week with tons of cars....i rocked the century down there :lol: with the kid riding along.

NJSPEEDER
08-20-2004, 10:21 PM
it was pretty cool. like bill said, tons of cars.
handed out a bunch of flyers, saw a few really nice 1st and 2nd gens(including a pair of great 68 birds :)).

next week is a maybe week for heading up there, may switch up the program and head down to toms river and see if we can flyer it up there.

later
tim

foff667
08-20-2004, 10:23 PM
i definitly think we should have a meet at somerville once we get some more members that have their cars running :roll: there was a Z club down there representin with like 15 Z cars and got their little club mentioned over the pa system...im sure we could get that many pretty easily.

BigAls87Z28
08-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Forget toms river, how about the big Jackson outlets? Isnt that the 2nd to last Friday of every week?

Squirrel
08-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Forget toms river, how about the big Jackson outlets? Isnt that the 2nd to last Friday of every week?just had to quote it.....go to sleep al :D

BigAls87Z28
08-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Forget toms river, how about the big Jackson outlets? Isnt that the 2nd to last Friday of every week?just had to quote it.....go to sleep al :D

eh? Ok, well today is the 2nd friday. Maybe its the last friday. I forget, someone will post up.

And I ment the big car show at the Jackson Outlets.

Tru2Chevy
08-20-2004, 10:58 PM
I thought the show in Jackson was for classics only? Maybe that was a different one....

But anyway, tons of nice cars @ the cruise, got to hand out a bunch of flyers.

- Justin

BigAls87Z28
08-20-2004, 11:04 PM
So we cant hang out and hand out flyers to first and 2nd gens? Its gunna probably be my last friday off with school starting, so I want to see this before the car show season ends!

Tru2Chevy
08-20-2004, 11:14 PM
So we cant hang out and hand out flyers to first and 2nd gens? Its gunna probably be my last friday off with school starting, so I want to see this before the car show season ends!

Sounds cool to me.....I'm not sure what plans are for next weekend though. I think mom said something about staying at a friend's house in Wildwood Crest for the weekend, so I may be down there.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy
08-20-2004, 11:20 PM
I was down there for about 45 min. Then I had to head home my wife had dinner ready and I was starving. I didn't get to meat any of you but maybe next friday.
Joe

Yea, I was hoping to see your car, but I got there too late. Some of the others there (BigAl, Fasterthanyou) saw you cruising though....

- Justin

HardcoreZ28
08-20-2004, 11:28 PM
My father is the president of the Z Club that was there tonight. If you want I can find out who they contacted to have their own area saved and whatnot. Sorry I didn't make it down, but I'm trying to get everything done on my IROC so when my water pump shows up next week I can fire up the new engine ASAP.

stadtnw
08-20-2004, 11:51 PM
I wish they flaged me down. I couldn't find anywere to park. I'm going to fix my oilpan gasket next friday after work. If I finished early I will be there again. Saturday is gmhightech so I will be there for sure. If my car isn't leaking I will be racing.
Joe[/quote]

BigAls87Z28
08-21-2004, 12:39 AM
yeah, saw you driving down main street with a black TA behind you. You got clear of traffic, and zoomed off. I figured how many silver, vert TA's with loud exhaut were there that night? :lol:
Car sounded awesome man!

Vanilla_Gorilla
08-24-2004, 01:44 AM
The guy who runs the friday night cruise is my neighbor, a real cool guy, if you wanna get serious about a F-body meet on a friday night i could help get the words to the right ears it might be too late for this year however because the season is ending soon lemmie know

Tru2Chevy
08-24-2004, 09:10 AM
The guy who runs the friday night cruise is my neighbor, a real cool guy, if you wanna get serious about a F-body meet on a friday night i could help get the words to the right ears it might be too late for this year however because the season is ending soon lemmie know

Sweet deal, thanks for letting us know.

When do the car shows generally stop for the year?

- Justin