PDA

View Full Version : Need some help South Jersey!!

ArCoLoG2
08-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Ok, just for the record...I am asking this just to know, not that I would ever try to scam the government or anything...hehehe...Just wondering if anyone has any "buddies" that might like to earn some extra cash. Ok, so the question is I'm in need of getting an inspection done and am also looking at getting some LT's. Don't know if I feel like dealing with the extra cost of getting high flow cats or not, so if anyone knows who might be willing to throw me an inspection stick for a cost, I'd be more than happy to pay a few bucks...Thanks guys.

NJSPEEDER
08-13-2004, 09:01 PM
when is your inspection due?
maybe you can wait a little while and not worry about it for 2 years :)
your car is ODB2. thre are some funky rules about them, they don't always put it on teh sniffer as long as teh computer passes all of it's self tests. you may want to look into teh exact rules, but you may be able to get away with it.

later
tim

ArCoLoG2
08-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Well see, I purchased the car in NY where I'm from...It has a NY inspection sticker on the window right now...the front plate has the cover on it, so it kinda tricks all the NJ cops into thinking NY doesn't require a front plate...I never did get the NJ inspection when I registered the car down here in March haha....So I guess you could say it's DUE. If anyone could link me to where the rules and regs are for vehicle inspections that'd be great. I have previously spent countless hours trying to find out more info, even calling DMC, no one knows where to get the low down. Thanks again.

Squirrel
08-14-2004, 11:53 AM
i say keep the front plate off and NY inspection until you get pulled over :mrgreen:

foff667
08-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Well see, I purchased the car in NY where I'm from...It has a NY inspection sticker on the window right now...the front plate has the cover on it, so it kinda tricks all the NJ cops into thinking NY doesn't require a front plate...I never did get the NJ inspection when I registered the car down here in March haha....So I guess you could say it's DUE. If anyone could link me to where the rules and regs are for vehicle inspections that'd be great. I have previously spent countless hours trying to find out more info, even calling DMC, no one knows where to get the low down. Thanks again.

get it inspected and have 2 years under yer belt...then I'll give a hand with it...my install took a while but i know the tricks now and could probably have it done in like 5-6 hrs by myself.

ArCoLoG2
08-17-2004, 12:07 AM
Hey I might just go give it a shot at the inspection station (after I get the new tires thrown on...) Who knows, I might just happen to meet an :angel: and make a friend that day and get a break. Thanks for the offer on helping with the install that'd be great when the time comes, probably not as soon as I hope, I'm a bad saver...Wish I could just throw the headers on a credit card, but I refused to get one for this purpose, DEBT :cry:...haha...The install would go even smoother considering at my base we have a lift and tools galore (thank you Uncle Sam!) If you guys have installs that wouldn't take more than a day and need to use the lift, throw me a message, Arcolog2 on Aim, one thing though, it's a drive on lift, so the install would have to not do with the wheels...It'd be great for HEADERS though! Talk to you guys later.. :burnout:

foff667
08-17-2004, 06:33 AM
Hey I might just go give it a shot at the inspection station (after I get the new tires thrown on...) Who knows, I might just happen to meet an :angel: and make a friend that day and get a break. Thanks for the offer on helping with the install that'd be great when the time comes, probably not as soon as I hope, I'm a bad saver...Wish I could just throw the headers on a credit card, but I refused to get one for this purpose, DEBT :cry:...haha...The install would go even smoother considering at my base we have a lift and tools galore (thank you Uncle Sam!) If you guys have installs that wouldn't take more than a day and need to use the lift, throw me a message, Arcolog2 on Aim, one thing though, it's a drive on lift, so the install would have to not do with the wheels...It'd be great for HEADERS though! Talk to you guys later.. :burnout:

sounds like an offer alot of us wont be able to refuse :lol:...as far as debt goes thats the american dream *****...well aint it? hehe