PDA

View Full Version : banks power

jims69camaro
08-15-2004, 06:12 PM
has anyone caught this yet? i heard it called the sidewinder small block (http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/267?app_id=85), basically a pair of turbos in a kit form specifically made for SBCs. interesting reading.

NJSPEEDER
08-15-2004, 06:15 PM
hehe, doing a little shopping fo rthe 400 jim? :twisted:
nice looking set up, wonder how well it fits into a 3rd gen though :)

later
tim

ar0ck
08-15-2004, 06:32 PM
They ran one up real quick on HorsePower TV today. Not a bad looking kit. I wish I had 3 grand for it. Then Id be all over it.

Tru2Chevy
08-15-2004, 06:56 PM

I know they used to make a kit that was specifically for 3rd gens, but I didn't spend enough time on the site now to see if they still do.

- Justin

jims69camaro
08-15-2004, 08:21 PM

I know they used to make a kit that was specifically for 3rd gens, but I didn't spend enough time on the site now to see if they still do.

- Justin

they still do. and, no, that would 1) be beyond my driving capabilities right now and 2) be way over my head as far as capital outlay is concerned. now, ask me about two or three years down the road... :twisted:

Malibu79
08-15-2004, 08:51 PM
has anyone caught this yet? i heard it called the sidewinder small block (http://www.bankspower.com/twin-turbo-products.cfm), basically a pair of turbos in a kit form specifically made for SBCs. interesting reading.

That is sweet :drool:
i wan't one

jims69camaro
10-05-2008, 01:04 AM
they still do. and, no, that would 1) be beyond my driving capabilities right now and 2) be way over my head as far as capital outlay is concerned. now, ask me about two or three years down the road... :twisted:

so, a few years down the road, and it's no longer beyond my driving capabilities. it's also within reach monetarily. do i really want a twin turbo setup in my 3rd gen? i gotta say no, since i'm giving the car to my daughter once it's built. it's going to be her first car; without some serious seat time she wouldn't know what to do with so much power. now, if she tags along with me to the track, then that's a different story. school's more important so i doubt she'll be at the track on a regular basis...

it'll fit, too, with a modicum of modification. the fan & shroud have to go bye-bye, the battery goes in the trunk and the inner-fender well needs to be cut back. it'll drop right in like the hole was meant for it. keeping it cool? that's another issue entirely.

ta350
10-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Can I touch it? And wonder what numbers would lay down on the lsx motors

sweetbmxrider
10-07-2008, 09:22 PM
:drool: that looks mighty sexy!!

WildBillyT
10-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Drop it in your first gen.