PDA

View Full Version : Success!!!

Fastbird
08-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Don't know if anyones seen the saga of my new motor in the black car recently, but after not touching the car for about 10 days, I went out there tonight, pulled it all apart, set each valve doing the one at a time technique, and without thinking about it, buttoned everything back up.

Fired it up, started, surged for a minute between about 700-1000, then eventually settled into a nice idle like it should. I didn't check the vaccuum, but I didn't throw a low MAP code this time. The rockers actually aren't that noisy with everything in place, I think I really got it.

So, time to start some logging and tuning.

One note, and I'm not sure if this is a big item or not, but I was getting what looked to be a little blue smoke if I revved the motor. Kind of hard to tell with the black smoke from the richness though.

My stumble is still there, once I get some tuning to where I can drive the car some I'll do a good log and switch the injectors from side to side, then move on to the pump if the injectors aren't the problem.

j0n
08-17-2004, 07:56 PM
congrats! i hope to see it roarin towards a meet soon

Ian
08-18-2004, 01:42 AM
Thats great news! It must be great when something finally goes your way. I wouldn't know so I am just assuming. :?

Fastbird
08-18-2004, 05:25 AM
Thats great news! It must be great when something finally goes your way. I wouldn't know so I am just assuming. :?

Hasn't quite gone my way yet. Remember, I'm $6500 deep into a new shortblock that "may" not have needed replacing quite yet, as I'm still chasing the fuel/stumble issue I was prior to the new motor.

Ian
08-18-2004, 12:19 PM
at least you're making progress though

Tru2Chevy
08-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Congrats on finally getting it running ok...good luck with the tune!

- Justin