PDA

View Full Version : Everybody coming to my house on saturday morning

Pat
08-18-2004, 12:35 PM
check in here.

what time do y'all wanna start? i don't have a problem with getting up early. i'll post either directions or a mapquest link after i see how many people plan on coming.

also, post up what kind of pizza/soda you like, and how much you eat.

j0n
08-18-2004, 03:10 PM
mountain dew livewire!!!!!

and i would really like to start 9 or later but since i have no experience my wishes should be ignored :lol: but i can be there 9 am at the earliest

Tru2Chevy
08-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Tim and I are selling some scrap steel in the morning, and I think we're both planning on heading out to your place after that. I could prolly be there by 11 or 11:30.

- Justin

Pat
08-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Tim and I are selling some scrap steel in the morning, and I think we're both planning on heading out to your place after that. I could prolly be there by 11 or 11:30.

- Justin

how much is your "scrap steel" going for these days? :wink:

just kidding

BigAls87Z28
08-18-2004, 08:19 PM
No go, gotta coach.

ArCoLoG2
08-19-2004, 02:53 PM
What exactly are you doing to your car? I have absolutely nothing to do Saturday, it's pathetic, I'd probably come lend a hand and meet you guys since I am new to the site...Not sure how long I can stay, but I could be there around 11ish? Yeah and directions, I know it takes like 2 hours for me to get to Trenton, think that's what your Avitar said...My cell is 914-879-8906 if you guys need to contact me.

Dave

Pat
08-19-2004, 03:00 PM
you're more than welcome to come. 11 sounds fine with me.

all i really want to get done is swap out shocks and springs, but i need to change the oil, replace the horn, and just do a general maintainance check. maybe on my way down to hooters i'll pick up a fuel filter, i haven't even checked that out since i bought the car. i was also considering swapping rotors and pads, but since i haven't bought them yet, i doubt i'll do it.

anyway, here's a map to my househttp://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=23+virginia+street&city=kendall+park&state=nj&zipcode=08824&search=++Search++

Pat
08-19-2004, 03:09 PM
ok, so so far the list is:

me
j0n
tim
justin
dave
eric (although he hasn't confirmed)

what about bill? kelly? :naughty:

anybody else?

i'll be at hooters tonight, but if anybody wants to call for more detailed directions or something, my cell number is 732-266-4728

jims69camaro
08-19-2004, 03:27 PM
do you need anything? jack stands, jack, tools, whatever?

i'm going to try to make it.

Pat
08-19-2004, 09:36 PM

well, i have a jack, four jack stands, and a whole bunch of wrenches.

the only thing i'll definitely need is a spring compressor. at first i thought justin and tim could bring one, but now they might not be coming.

NJSPEEDER
08-19-2004, 10:01 PM

- Justin

how much is your "scrap steel" going for these days? :wink:

just kidding

hehe, not much, but between teh two of us we prolly have over a ton to take in. hehe
and then there is the few hundred lbs of aluminum junk i have around here. hopefully we will have enough time to make another trip with all that stuff. :)

later
tim

ArCoLoG2
08-19-2004, 10:29 PM
No promises, but I'll do my best to get a spring compressor....The Coast Guard has alot of "toys" to play with....I'll talk to the guy about borrowing one, he's usually like "Uh what the **** do I care?" But no guarantees....I can post tomorrow after I ask him in the morning and let you know....Any other tools you might need?? I have lots at work if needed.

Pat
08-20-2004, 02:44 PM
ttt

ArCoLoG2
08-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Hey man no luck on getting a spring compressor, tried my best. not 1000% sure if I am definately coming, but most likely...Tim? Justin? are you guys coming or no? You should definately come, you can bring the scrap metal in another time :D

jims69camaro
08-20-2004, 07:03 PM

well, i have a jack, four jack stands, and a whole bunch of wrenches.

the only thing i'll definitely need is a spring compressor. at first i thought
justin and tim could bring one, but now they might not be coming.

worse comes to worse, you can take up the pressure with a jack, unbolt it
then let the jack down until the spring falls out. i've seen it done, but
have never tried it myself.

jims69camaro
08-20-2004, 08:57 PM
has anyone checked the weather report? looks like rain.

Tru2Chevy
08-20-2004, 11:05 PM
Yea, Tim and I were just talking about that.

Pat - if the weather ends up being ok, then I'll be up there to help. If it's raining, then I'm selling my scrap steel and going back to bed :mrgreen:

- Justin

Pat
08-21-2004, 08:06 AM
well, it's 9 AM and no rain yet. just a little overcast