PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Monthly Meets

NJSPEEDER
08-22-2004, 05:24 PM
hey gang,
a few of us were talking and we need a little feedback on an idea that came up.
since our state is pretty big and we are so spread out we were thinking that we could have each region take a month to plan a meeting spot. it will be a regular rotation, so everyone will know when it is their turn.
we are not looking for anyone to go all out and rent a track for the day, but if you know of a location with polenty of parking, owners who have a sense of humor, and at least 1 reasonable place to eat it will work.
to get started central region will take september, justin(tru2chevy) and i will plan it to sort of get teh ball rolling.
south jersey will get october and north jersey will get november.
because of the time of year we are getting this started we would like everyoen to keep it to places we can hang out. once spring rolls around again we can think about trips to the track for the monthly meets.

what do you guys think?

later
tim

ar0ck
08-22-2004, 06:17 PM
Well North Jersey still has the end of the month Meet @ Hooters. We still pulled some decent showings. Which is actually comming up this week.

NJSPEEDER
08-22-2004, 06:35 PM
thats cool, when the time comes for north jerseytaht will be a definate possibility. most hooters have big parking lots, management is usually open to anything and the food is reasonable.
only thing is that if your region does decide to make it their official gathering you may wanna warn teh manager about how many people may show up. with the popularity of the site and the club growign so fast we may pack in more people than they are used to seeing.

later
tim

89formula
08-23-2004, 06:08 AM
It this the Hooters in Wayne? Never been there, but it's 1-0 minutes away from the office. What't the date and time?

ar0ck
08-23-2004, 09:27 AM
We can go to the one in Wayne. We usually go to Paramous, because it was just the way it was. But I think that can change, since it seems more people want to go there.

Tru2Chevy
08-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Well I've never been to either one, but I may be game for a drive up there this week.

- Justin

Jersey_TA
08-23-2004, 10:47 AM
How about an atco meet around sept 16?

foff667
08-23-2004, 11:18 AM

awful specific arent we rob? hehe got something important goin on that day down there?

Jersey_TA
08-23-2004, 11:23 AM

awful specific arent we rob? hehe got something important goin on that day down there?

No reason :twisted: :burnout: :omg: :hail: :headbang: :banana:

Tru2Chevy
08-23-2004, 11:29 AM
No reason :twisted: :burnout: :omg: :hail: :headbang: :banana:

Heh....and I thought I had a thing for smilies :shakes head:

- Justin

twiztidz28
09-02-2004, 01:18 PM
another pleace we can go in november in north jersey is Herbert biliards in secaucus right off of route 3. there has been some talk about getting together and playing poll in the north forum and that place has plenty of parking and a parking garage, not expensive, plenty of places to eat around (bazzokas(cheap hooters), herbert has food, olive garden, and a couple other places), they serve drinks at herberts. it will start to get cold so we will be inside and this place is nice. they also have arcades and they can accomidate a big party. Or worse comes to worse i could make reservations for 22 people at a fridays and everyone can say its my b-day again :twisted: . but i like the pool idea cause i play pool alot and im always looking to play.

How does that sound.

ar0ck
09-02-2004, 01:20 PM
I know where herberts is!

Pool defenitly is a good idea, because it can get everyone to know eachother abit better.

bencar
09-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Here's some Central NJ spots we could try as meeting places:

A. Wick Plaza, by Auto Zone. There's already a Thursday night 'Cruise Night' there every week from May to October.

B. The McDonalds in the 'Crossroads' shopping mall on Rt 1, near Rt 287. No 'Cruise Night' there now, but it is easy enough to get to.

C. Dunkin Donuts on Easton Ave in Somerset. There's a small 'Cruise Night' there every Tuesday night from May to September.

jims69camaro
09-08-2004, 10:09 PM
to get back to the original post - i think it's an awesome idea.

the logistics can be figured out later, but count me in on making the eastern-central spot.

bencar
09-08-2004, 11:12 PM
So, I take that to mean you're receptive to my suggested meeting places then?

jims69camaro
09-10-2004, 07:06 PM

certainly worth checking into. i'm not naive enough to think we're the center of the universe here in ocean county...

NJSPEEDER
09-10-2004, 07:54 PM

certainly worth checking into. i'm not naive enough to think we're the center of the universe here in ocean county...

you are near by though, the universe revolves around mercer county :wink:

later
tim

bencar
09-10-2004, 10:07 PM

Okay, I'll buy that :D . All kidding aside, I kinda like the idea of spreading the wealth around, so-to-speak. Hope enough people are up for the idea of a meeting in the Central NJ area to make this idea fly

jims69camaro
09-12-2004, 04:11 AM
i'm going to make as many as i can. it will be nice to meet some of the guys from other parts of the state, not just the same two faces i always see in TR...

Tru2Chevy
09-22-2004, 02:25 PM
I just want to provide some clarification:

Our goal with this was to have members of the site plan a larger than normal monthly meet in different sections of the state. Tim and I have planned the "monthly club meet" in central Jersey for September, and now it's someone else's turn to plan a "monthly club meet" in south Jersey. I think someone is currently working on talking to a few restaurants for the October meet. As soon as something is "settled on", it will be posted for discussion.

We want each section to start planning their own meets, at least 2 to 3 weeks in advance. Please try to make them in an area large enough to accomodate more than just the "regular crowd".

I hope this makes more sence to everyone, if not, please let me know....

- Justin

THECowboy
09-22-2004, 07:02 PM
i'd try and plan somethin, but i am on the border of Central and South, so i could if you guys didn't want to go DEEP south new jersey...

I am around Cherry Hill/Moorestown area, i live in MArlton

there is good buffalo wing place in Shamong called Piccalilli's, though i think we'd take up a lot of the parking lot, but they have some of the best wings i have had

oh and if we wanted a meet in PA, Dave and Buster's is the only place to go! pool tables and shuffleboard, bar, huge game room. We can get a section of the pool table room(3 pool tables and like 2-3 shuffleboard tables), just some idea's

let me know how far south you want to go!

ShitOnWheels
09-22-2004, 07:25 PM
i'd try and plan somethin, but i am on the border of Central and South, so i could if you guys didn't want to go DEEP south new jersey...

I am around Cherry Hill/Moorestown area, i live in MArlton

there is good buffalo wing place in Shamong called Piccalilli's, though i think we'd take up a lot of the parking lot, but they have some of the best wings i have had

oh and if we wanted a meet in PA, Dave and Buster's is the only place to go! pool tables and shuffleboard, bar, huge game room. We can get a section of the pool table room(3 pool tables and like 2-3 shuffleboard tables), just some idea's

let me know how far south you want to go!
I say South holds it at D&B :) Who cares if it's really PA, it's next to Camden, which is south. :)

THECowboy
09-22-2004, 07:39 PM
well, if everyone is in agreement i can call up there Friday and get quotes and stuff and bring it to the meet Saturday?

bencar
09-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Here's a thought. There's an Applebees near where I live, and while their 'Parking Lot' isn't that large, the restaurant is in a Mall, and immediately adjacent to the restaurant, is a larger parking area where we could congregate. I figure that we could safely fit between 10-20 cars in the part of the parking lot I'm thinking of. If that sounds good to everyone, I'll look into talking to the restaurant Manager about accommodating a party of 20-40 people. Just keep in mind though that we are talking about a Mall 'parking Lot.'

Oh, and the restaurant is easy to find, it's right on Rt 1 South, not too far from the now defunct Ford plant.

ShitOnWheels
09-23-2004, 04:23 AM
Here's a thought. There's an Applebees near where I live, and while their 'Parking Lot' isn't that large, the restaurant is in a Mall, and immediately adjacent to the restaurant, is a larger parking area where we could congregate. I figure that we could safely fit between 10-20 cars in the part of the parking lot I'm thinking of. If that sounds good to everyone, I'll look into talking to the restaurant Manager about accommodating a party of 20-40 people. Just keep in mind though that we are talking about a Mall 'parking Lot.'

Oh, and the restaurant is easy to find, it's right on Rt 1 South, not too far from the now defunct Ford plant.
10-20 cars most likely won't be enough room. Look at the central one, there's at least 40 cars, maybe more (depending on who's riding with who and all).

I say D&B. We have a couple ppl who are over 25 so that those of you under 21 can get in...that is of course if they are willing to take responsibility for ya lol :)

Tru2Chevy
09-23-2004, 09:21 AM
These are all great ideas, keep them coming.

Looks like we already have a South Jersey meet in the works, look for some info about it in the next few days.

- Justin

THECowboy
09-23-2004, 01:53 PM
im 18 and i've gotten into D+B before with some friends, all under 21

only thing with D+B is that the parking is in a multi-story garage, and we would have to talk to management to see if we could get a part of it blocked off for us...

at the Cherry HIll mall there is a restaraunt that i can't think of right now, but there is a parking lot next to it that no one uses at night and is HUGE.

jims69camaro
09-23-2004, 05:31 PM
there are many spots in my general area that could be used for a meet, with ample parking for more cars than we have. where is all dependent on how high you want our visibility. we could be right out on route 37 in tomsriver (fudds, grand union, IHOP, denny's, whatever the name of the chicken place is now, or we could take over the white castle where the ricers hang out, i could work a deal with one of the places in sleazeside to have a game room all to ourselves, etc., or nearer to me down route 9 (accessible from the parkway) there are -many- resturants with ample parking). suffice it to say the next time it rotates to central, you guys are coming out here. :D

bencar
09-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Well, here's the catch, if we want to park across from Applebees, in what would be the lower end of the Home Depot 'Parking Lot', then we could accommodate more cars. The other variable, would be that on a Saturday night, the 'Stop & Shop' 'Parking Lot' is usually not that full, so we could spread out, and take more spaces-Then we could accommodate 30-40 cars. If this doesn't sound good, then I'll have to scout around to see what I could find. There is a 'Rib' joint, called 'Famous Dave's', near the Rt 1/Rt 18 intersection, that seems to have a 'Parking Lot' that would fit 30-40 cars, maybe I could look into that place, it's just that Applebees does have a slightly more varied menu

THECowboy
09-24-2004, 02:15 AM
I'll call D+B and the place at the cherry hill mall tommorow and see what kind of deal i can get going and let you guys know at the meet or post it up here

EDIT: I forgot there is a decent restaurant that i can't think of again, a Macaroni Grill, and On the Border all in the same spot and there is one HUGE parking lot that no one needs or uses and it is RIGHT next to Route 70 so we will get a lot of attention.

I will call each place, but I think the nameless one will be the best since they have a variety of stuff

ShitOnWheels
09-24-2004, 08:53 AM
I'll call D+B and the place at the cherry hill mall tommorow and see what kind of deal i can get going and let you guys know at the meet or post it up here

EDIT: I forgot there is a decent restaurant that i can't think of again, a Macaroni Grill, and On the Border all in the same spot and there is one HUGE parking lot that no one needs or uses and it is RIGHT next to Route 70 so we will get a lot of attention.

I will call each place, but I think the nameless one will be the best since they have a variety of stuff
I was gonna work at that Macaroni Grill...still might since I'm not making much money where I"m at currently.

I know there's a diner across the street, but I'm not sure of any other restauarant there (other than OTB). hmm...

THECowboy
09-24-2004, 10:36 AM
COPPERFIELDS!!! that's the name, kinda like Applebee's i guess.

ok, i just finished talkin with Dave and Buster's, unfortunatly, CPA runs the parking garage and it's very very doubtful they will block off part of the lot for us. so D+B is out i think for a choice

bencar
09-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Just checked with Applebees in Edison at the 'Crossroads Shopping Plaza.' Manager said they could accommodate a group if 40-50 people with a couple of days advance notice, and I looked over the adjacent 'Parking Lots', and they could easily fit 40-50 cars. The one lot is right next to the restaurant, the other lot is immediately across the main access road to the 'Shopping Plaza', and both are visible from Applebees.
The best day to do a 'get-together' at this place, would be a Sunday afternoon.

bencar
09-29-2004, 10:41 PM
So, anyone interested in the Applebees Edison NJ location for a Meeting. If you are, check my last post regarding the parking accomodations, etc.

Oh, and if you like, we could also use Meetup.com http://fbody.meetup.com/6/ to schedule meetings

inthered
09-30-2004, 06:04 AM
The Applebees in Edison would be a good spot! That's about as central as you can get!

THECowboy
09-30-2004, 07:25 AM
exactly, that's Central, this is South's time, then it's North's, then we go back to Central

bencar
09-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Okay, then let me know when you'd like to do this thing, and I'll set it up. Keep in mind that they need at least 3 days lead time to accomodate us.

As of now I'm only busy on On October 3rd (Car Show), and November 21st (Train Show in Parsippany). Other than that, I should be available

ShitOnWheels
09-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Okay, then let me know when you'd like to do this thing, and I'll set it up. Keep in mind that they need at least 3 days lead time to accomodate us.

As of now I'm only busy on On October 3rd (Car Show), and November 21st (Train Show in Parsippany). Other than that, I should be available
When it becomes Central's turn to hold a meet again, then we can discuss where..but for now south and then north need to get their acts together ;)

bencar
09-30-2004, 10:29 PM

When it becomes Central's turn to hold a meet again, then we can discuss where..but for now south and then north need to get their acts together ;)

Okay

ShitOnWheels
09-30-2004, 10:33 PM

Okay
I hope I didn't come across as harsh or anything, just hate to see you waste time tryin to set somethin up that probably wouldn't work just cause of the timing. I guess December is Central's turn again...keep in mind the place is available ;)