PDA

View Full Version : sticker shock

jims69camaro
08-23-2004, 06:08 PM
just perusing some of the first gen sites and parts and stuff. i pretty much nailed a conversion kit, all hardware, front and back, MC, proportioning valve, e-brake.

:omg: $2700 :omg:

yeah, i know. but it'll bring the '69 out of the dark ages into today's-vehicle's-stopping-power. if you've ever been in a car, or driven one, that has four wheel drum brakes with no power booster, you'll know why i am even considering this upgrade - it's basically necessary, in my mind. i have to pump the pedal twice just to get a decent amount of pressure to stop normally (no, i don't think panic stops are possible).

the speeds that we travel, the number of cars on the road, the additional idiots that fall into the category as soon as you just increase the number of drivers on the road, etc. proves my theory. driving the car as-is would just make it a "matter of time" before i am unable to stop/avoid that jerk in front of me that decided to stop on a 50 mph state highway to let some douche bag on the intersecting street (that has a stop sign) into our traveling lane...

enough :soapbox:

NJSPEEDER
08-23-2004, 10:55 PM
can the 1st gens use b-body spindles? or 2nd gen spindles?
i know a few a-body guys tht did their conversion sfrom teh junk yard on teh cheap using later model b-body parts. they jsut grabbed everything they need off of 80's caprice or other full sizes. dunno if it was an exact bolt up, but it is worth looking into.

good luck with teh car

later
tim