PDA

View Full Version : little g

foff667
08-24-2004, 08:23 AM
did u get that new tranny in last night? How does it feel?

Squirrel
08-24-2004, 10:16 AM
nope....its sittin at Justin's pop's show at the moment

Fastbird
08-24-2004, 10:19 AM
You pop your tranny already squirrel???

foff667
08-24-2004, 10:27 AM
although eric has issues with his tranny as is i was actually taking about craig...whys it at justins shop? What happened? I only stayed around till 9 but i had the kid so i was little to no help other then driving over to get ritas :( sorry to hear you werent able to get it done.

Tru2Chevy
08-24-2004, 10:39 AM
While trying to separate the tranny from the bellhousing, we accidentally cracked the clutch bleeder. So we bolted the tranny back up and had it towed to the shop. Dad had it up on the lift this morning, so there is a chance that it will be done today.

Dad also noticed that the rear tranny mount was broken, so he's gonna install Craig's poly mount while he's at it.

- Justin

foff667
08-24-2004, 10:45 AM
While trying to separate the tranny from the bellhousing, we accidentally cracked the clutch bleeder. So we bolted the tranny back up and had it towed to the shop. Dad had it up on the lift this morning, so there is a chance that it will be done today.

Dad also noticed that the rear tranny mount was broken, so he's gonna install Craig's poly mount while he's at it.

- Justin

sux to hear it...eh well craig's rich so he can afford it ;)

PBodyGT87
08-24-2004, 10:47 AM
rather sad to see the camaro get pulled up onto that AAA flatbed.

heh.
:Moment of silence:

hahahaha. damn transmissions.

Tru2Chevy
08-24-2004, 11:01 AM
Hehe, yea - it did suck.

The driver mentioned to Craig that maybe the reason the car broke down was the wire that was hanging down under it (tranny temp and speed). Craig said it had more to do with the lack of clutch fluid and a driveshaft :lol:

- Justin

Fastbird
08-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Hehe, yea - it did suck.

The driver mentioned to Craig that maybe the reason the car broke down was the wire that was hanging down under it (tranny temp and speed). Craig said it had more to do with the lack of clutch fluid and a driveshaft :lol:

- Justin

LMAO

PBodyGT87
08-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Hehe, yea - it did suck.

- Justin

hahahaha. the driver was probably like :shock:

Little G
08-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Yeah then I was like :loser: , and he was like :roll: . So then I was like :knock: . And he was all :x . But it was cool 'cause in the end we were all :) .

Tru2Chevy
08-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah then I was like :loser: , and he was like :roll: . So then I was like :knock: . And he was all :x . But it was cool 'cause in the end we were all :) .

Lucky for you, he was prolly :gay:

- Justin

ps - :j/k:

Squirrel
08-24-2004, 12:18 PM
what time did it end up coming?

Tru2Chevy
08-24-2004, 12:22 PM
what time did it end up coming?

11:30ish - got it to dad's at midnight.

- Justin

jims69camaro
08-24-2004, 03:35 PM

Lucky for you, he was prolly :gay:

- Justin

ps - :j/k:

nah, cause then they would've been like :gheyfigh: which would've been like :barf: then it would've been about :twak: and :axe: and someone would've had to step in to :whip: . in all of the :?: the :supergay: would've been like :leghump: like a :loser: and then :moon: until :knock: and :hammer: and, finally :nutkick: .

oh, yeah, and i'm :j/k:

:grampsch:

Squirrel
08-24-2004, 10:30 PM
You pop your tranny already squirrel???na...i hope on having the stock t56 around for a while, it does have the reverse popout though (which 128k tranny doesnt?) :roll:, and im gonna be uncomfortable slammin the 2-3 until i can get that good 100 dollar deal on a Pro5.0 :D

Little G
08-24-2004, 11:24 PM
You pop your tranny already squirrel???na...i hope on having the stock t56 around for a while, it does have the reverse popout though (which 128k tranny doesnt?) :roll:, and im gonna be uncomfortable slammin the 2-3 until i can get that good 100 dollar deal on a Pro5.0 :D

Just bite the bullet and get the shifter, I bit the $600 bullet to get my trans installed today...

foff667
08-25-2004, 10:35 AM

Just bite the bullet and get the shifter, I bit the $600 bullet to get my trans installed today...

$600 to put in a ****ing tranny wtf it costed me $175 to get my TC put in qwhich isnt much less work if any.

Fastbird
08-25-2004, 10:46 AM

Mine doesn't pop out of reverse!! Granted it's only got 108K, but still. It does pop out of third or second at times though. It's been beat on pretty hard by me. I hope it holds out for another year or so until I can get a 12 Bolt or 9" rear.

Squirrel
08-25-2004, 12:22 PM

Just bite the bullet and get the shifter, I bit the $600 bullet to get my trans installed today...ooooooouchhhhh :?....yeah, i keep lurking over at ls1tech cuz they always have pro5.0's super cheap 90-120 bucks shipped, i figure i might as well wait a lil longer and save up to 100 bucks 8)

Tru2Chevy
08-25-2004, 12:22 PM

$600 to put in a ****ing tranny wtf it costed me $175 to get my TC put in qwhich isnt much less work if any.

No. Only $320 to install the tranny, $160 for the (clutch slave?) bleeder, and $130 for the rear tranny mount that was cracked....gotta love GM parts.

- Justin

foff667
08-25-2004, 02:24 PM

No. Only $320 to install the tranny, $160 for the (clutch slave?) bleeder, and $130 for the rear tranny mount that was cracked....gotta love GM parts.

- Justin

its not a universal tranny mount? still sounds like alot for just an install to me...wonder what he wouldve been charged with the driveshaft still attached :lol: :roll:

ar0ck
08-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Why didnt you install it yourself?

I did it myself and look at my car.

Tru2Chevy
08-25-2004, 02:29 PM
its not a universal tranny mount?

Nope, the later v6's use a really wierd looking mount. He has a universal poly mount, but you have to extend the crossmember forward to use it.

- Justin

foff667
08-25-2004, 02:32 PM
its not a universal tranny mount?

Nope, the later v6's use a really wierd looking mount. He has a universal poly mount, but you have to extend the crossmember forward to use it.

- Justin

blah, that sux

Tru2Chevy
08-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Why didnt you install it yourself?

I did it myself and look at my car.

Tim, Craig, and I started to, but while we were removing the old tranny we damaged the bleeder (don't know whose idea it was to mount that inside the bellhousing :roll: ). It was already 9:30 at that point, so we just had it towed to the shop and had my dad do the swap.

- Justin