PDA

View Full Version : Did some thinking this morning about the Z

foff667
08-24-2004, 10:54 AM
seeing that my insurance company has already told me they are going to cut me the check directly instead of to the shop...so if the check is over say $7g's i think im just gonna remove my car from the shop, pay them for whatever time its been there, pay my car off($4900) and take whatevers left over to pay off my cc bill...and then part out the car...seeing as is I could probably get $3-5 g's for the car it would work out best this way IMO...so anyone looking for a great running motor & tranny let me know :) It's got ported perimeter bolt heads, a large cam, LT headers, blah blah blah I'd rather just end up selling the car as a hole but im sure i could get a good amount for the parts and such... and really there were only a few body parts affected by the accident so 90% is in tach...just a matter of the frame isnt strait at all any more so im not willing to settle for a car that may never be the same again. Once again thats if i get a decent sized check...if its only considered like 3-4 grand in damage im gonna have to consider keeping the car unfortunatly :( i should hear back today or tomorrow about everything.

Fastbird
08-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Dang, we never got that run in did we???

If you part it, are you going to get another?

foff667
08-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Dang, we never got that run in did we???

If you part it, are you going to get another?

nope, no we didnt :( oh well maybe in the future or near future 8) we'll have to see...im not sure if im gonna get another fbody at this point.

Pat
08-24-2004, 11:30 AM
i'll give you 9 bucks for hp tuners and your headers

Jersey_TA
08-24-2004, 11:37 AM
There is someone with a black trans am that I know that runs 11.9s needs a 3600 TC :wink:

twiztidz28
08-24-2004, 11:42 AM
what is exactly wrong with the car? like damage wise. casue you can bet your ass id be interested in the car as a whole. saves me money from buying an engine and trans and then finding a complete dash with guage cluster to swap in my car.

foff667
08-24-2004, 11:58 AM
thanks for the offer guys...as far as hptuners goes im keeping it...the scanner is really nice & i think its definitly something i can use seeing as i can tune silverados, gto's, supercharged family sedans ;) so its definitly not going anywhere...i you want me to tune you pat im sure we can work something out fairly cheap as its really not that difficult youd just have to pay for dyno time. As far as Robs offer on the converter...im really gonna try and sell the car outright...ive seen motors/trannys with this mileage go for $2000-5000 so im hoping to get about the same for the entire car...if not the entire car I'll start with motor/tranny together and work my way down. Im sure ive already got buyers for the DS, and many suspension parts, so its just a matter of getting the best bang for the buck for the rest of the stuff...if i dont get what i need for the motor I'll use it in the truck more then likely...I've got time for my decisions though as nothing is final yet.

foff667
08-24-2004, 12:02 PM
what is exactly wrong with the car? like damage wise. casue you can bet your ass id be interested in the car as a whole. saves me money from buying an engine and trans and then finding a complete dash with guage cluster to swap in my car.

just body damage...the front clip got torn off, front drivers fender ****ed up, rear bumper ****ed up, rear 1/4 ****ed up, alignment in front ****ed up and body is tweaked...motor, tranny and everything is fine...i drove it 3 miles from the tow company spot to my body shop so it runs fine, has good heads, big cam & a 3500 stall converter

lata
Bill

Squirrel
08-24-2004, 12:22 PM
my 100 dollar offer for the borla is still up :D...im headed down to the shop right now, ill snap some pics for ya

ar0ck
08-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Id be willing to buy alot of odd parts.

Specifically :
Front Seats
Center Console
Complete rear end Disk-Disk? ($250-300?)

twiztidz28
08-24-2004, 01:21 PM
let me know how much you want for the whole car as is. or at least the motor and trans and wiring harnes, dash with guage cluster and console. It sucks that it got wrecked expecially by a deer. I would have got out and kicked the fur off of it till the towtruck got there.

T/A 4 life i got a full set of dark gray leather seats in my car that i want to get rid of. I have no use for a back seat so im building a new box to go back there. let me know and maybe we can work something out.

foff667
08-24-2004, 01:52 PM
let me know how much you want for the whole car as is. or at least the motor and trans and wiring harnes, dash with guage cluster and console. It sucks that it got wrecked expecially by a deer. I would have got out and kicked the fur off of it till the towtruck got there.

T/A 4 life i got a full set of dark gray leather seats in my car that i want to get rid of. I have no use for a back seat so im building a new box to go back there. let me know and maybe we can work something out.

I'd probably ask $5k as we speak for the car as is...eric and I will be posting pics shortly 80% of the car is fine including the entire drivetrain & all of the suspension as far as i know. Figure your getting a set of $1000+ heads, $360 cam, $550 3500 stall TC, aluminum DS, spohn adj LCA's, BMR TA, boxed stock panhard bar, DSL, pacesetter LT headers, pacesetter ORY, borla catback... all in all the motor and tranny could sell for probably close to $4k considering it would probably make damn near 500 to the crank with the ls1intake thats on there now. A better intake, pulley, EWP through an auto it should make over 410 to the wheels and probably close to 450 with an m6...When the time comes I'll probably offer free flashes including the stocker for the computer. Ive also got the stock cam & heads if your interested in going that route to. Anywayz let me know what everyone wants to do, but definitly id rather sell the car as a whole knowing i could drive it to your house :)

lata
Bill

ps this is all contingent on me not putting the motor & tranny in my truck which has been a strong thought since this all happened & seeing a buyback shouldnt be more then a grand it would be alot cheaper for me to do that then to build a motor for it at a later date.

twiztidz28
08-24-2004, 03:36 PM
understood. I dont blame ya for wanting to put that motor and trans into something else. just keep us posted.

jims69camaro
08-24-2004, 03:47 PM
i am interested in the whole car. purchasing it is contingent on a coupla things, which all told will put me in the middle of winter, end of january at worst. if you could wait that long, i'd be willing to up the ante to 5500.

i'm not trying to start a bidding war, i'm just trying to let you know how serious i am about buying your car.

foff667
08-24-2004, 04:26 PM
I'll let you all know as soon as I find out whats going on and what i want to do...ive got alot invested in the car so its not a decision i really planned on making in 4-5 days time.

jims69camaro
08-27-2004, 10:32 AM
I'll let you all know as soon as I find out whats going on and what i want to do...ive got alot invested in the car so its not a decision i really planned on making in 4-5 days time.

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=285

:wink:

foff667
08-27-2004, 11:33 AM

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=285

:wink:

yah the way everything worked out through the insurance lends me enough money to just part it out or take cash as a whole minus the motor...but im getting offers for parts one after another so act quick.

jims69camaro
08-27-2004, 06:29 PM
it's cool, dude. there will be another LS1 when i am ready for the project. i just thought if you weren't going to do anything for a while i would give you a number to think about. all's swell.

foff667
08-27-2004, 06:49 PM
it's cool, dude. there will be another LS1 when i am ready for the project. i just thought if you weren't going to do anything for a while i would give you a number to think about. all's swell.

it was up in the air depending on the value of my car...i got the # i needed by a hair so decided to keep the motor...makes it easier on the pocket then buying a motor & piecing one together later.