PDA

View Full Version : Rattle under the driverside floor board.

twiztidz28
08-25-2004, 08:41 AM
Ok this weekend im doing the rear suspension on my car LCA's, panhard bar and sway bars. I am noticing a more pronounced rattle under the floor boards when i make turns on like exit ramps on the higways. Im guessing cause of the faster turning and more body roll. while im under my car is there any way i can maybe tighten anything under there that would stop this anoying noise and feeling. oh by the way before the 16th of september im getting subframe connectors which hoepfully will take care of all if not 90% of all the rattles and noise.

NJSPEEDER
08-25-2004, 04:27 PM
check teh torque arm and tranny mount bushings. those thigns are easy to kill and make some really freaky noises when they start moving around.

later
tim

The Fixer
08-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Also check the heatshield on the cat (if you still have one). They can come loose and rattle like a BB in a freight car.

twiztidz28
08-26-2004, 08:26 AM
ok i know its not the heat shield on the cat since i jsut had a new one put on last month. ill check the torque arm and the tranny mount this saturday. I changed the trany mount 2 years ago to a poly one and havent had any trouble with it at all.