PDA

View Full Version : Triple A

Squirrel
08-26-2004, 10:02 PM
i was readin up on gettin their services and was thinking it'd be a good idea (make it so i wont have to carry a spare either :wink:)....so basically, which coverage do you have? basic or plus......and how much is it yearly?

BigAls87Z28
08-26-2004, 11:56 PM
AAA can be helpful and can suck all in the same day. Example would by my brothers truck. We took it to our local shop, and they said that they couldnt do anything. So we called AAA to tow it back home. They said they couldnd do that....BUT they would tow it to another shop at no charge, up to 100 miles.
I get a lot of people that come on the back of a flat bed, and you either get a "damn AAA" or "I love AAA".

This also sparked my imagination. What about a NJFBOA Action Network? Everyone in the club has a call sheet with some peoples phone numbers on it. If there car breaks down or something happens, you can call someone to come out and help eachother. We could cover eachother with AAA as well, if is serious *knock on wood*.
It would be cool if our club could get a "Club Membership" to AAA?

NJSPEEDER
08-27-2004, 03:17 PM
i like my AAA plus membership. if you lock your keys in your car once a year you get your monies worth out of it. i have always had good service, sometimes you have to wait a while to get helped, but they will always get to you.

later
tim

twiztidz28
08-27-2004, 03:24 PM
i have had AAA+ for 5 years now $99 a year and it has saved my ass many times. the best time was when i lost my keys (at a concert) in poughkeepsie, ny and they towed my car home at 2 in the morning. gave the guy a $20 for a tip and that was it. sometimes i lock my keys in the car jsut to make use of it.

Amy
08-27-2004, 04:00 PM
I had basic.. but then I switched to plus because you could be towed up to 100 miles away. Ultimately it depends on your needs. With + you only get 4 free tows/help calls. There after you have to pay. I liked basic because being towed anywhere with in 3 miles was free and then after that you paid like a few dollars per mile. And it was unlimited. I'll probably be switching back to basic when I renew.

jims69camaro
08-27-2004, 06:36 PM
i like al's idea. but not so much to get a call at 3:am to come help someone get their keys out of their car or help someone change a flat tire.

i wonder if they offer a group discount? not only would it help out those who are looking to pick up AAA, but those who already have the service could probably get covered under the 'group'. just a thought.