PDA

View Full Version : penn & teller: ********!

jims69camaro
08-27-2004, 10:15 AM
hve you guys caught this show on showtime yet? hilarious. they busted up the whole industry wrapped around people's need to look like greek gods yesterday. you know, the people who are spending BILLIONS (with a 'b') of dollars to lose weight, get fit, lose the hips, gain some weight in the upper body... whatever their excuse is.

it's only a half hour long, but they do some shredding on that show. there is no other way to put it.

the second half hour is usually a repeat, and this one was about the "twelve-step programs". amazing to think that that stuff has been around since the '30s and people are still putting creedence into what they're saying (btw, P&T said it's a religious cult, not science, so get over it). they wrapped up the show with the "one-step program": just stop ******** drinking, or eating, or whatever your problem is.

Slow Z
08-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Thats one of my favorite shows on TV. I've been watching since episode 1 ...those guys are great. They own someone/something weekly.

NJSPEEDER
08-28-2004, 07:05 AM
i remeber hearing a while ago that one of them used to actually be a teacher in lawrence or princeton of something like that. anyone know if that is true? i think it was teller, not sure though.

later
tim

jims69camaro
08-28-2004, 02:43 PM
yeah, i think so, too. i find it hard to believe penn gillette could be a teacher of anything other than comedy.

Tru2Chevy
08-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Yea, Penn is local, and still pays attention to the area.

Way back in my middle school days, they performed at my middle school (in Ewing) for a clown class they had on saturday. Funny dudes.

- Justin

jims69camaro
08-29-2004, 01:40 PM
what's even funnier is when they get someone who doesn't even believe their own ********. majorly :owned: on a weekly basis.