PDA

View Full Version : Yet another problem with the Firehawk

ArCoLoG2
08-27-2004, 07:22 PM
I did the whole "warping" thing to my rotors, from messin around too much on the expressway with my friends, so I'm at work now and bored as ****, so I figured I would go ahead and resurface the rotors just to stop the vibration in the steering wheel when braking, at least until I get the new brakes (seems like a good deal going on over at LS1tech.com). Well all is fine, pulled the rotors off in 15 minutes max, walk down to my shop start going and Q@#$&!!!!! The rotor comes loose and "wobbles" putting HUGE gouges into it. It took alot of time to fix that mess, but seems to be going good now. Hopefully when I get the micrometer on it, it's not too thin...Well back to working on the rotors, almost done....

Later
Dave

NJSPEEDER
08-27-2004, 07:46 PM
sorry to hear about the bad luck. at least you have access to equipment to correct the situation.

later
tim

ArCoLoG2
08-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Well I finally finished, everything came out fine, I didn't bother to hit the the rotors with the micrometer...I'll just have to get new rotors really really soon....And remember to not hit the brakes too hard for a while...

Later
Dave