PDA

View Full Version : hey, mr. Sears auto technician guy...

jims69camaro
08-29-2004, 01:35 PM
is it possible for you to order a holley 4160 vacuum secondary, electric choke rebuild kit and sell it to me?

BigAls87Z28
08-29-2004, 06:23 PM
DOES THIS LOOK LIKE ****ING PEP BOYS TO YOU PAL?!?!?!

hehe, nah we dont play with engine stuff outside of oil changes. Gotta go through Peps, Strauss, or AutoZone...or your local parts store.

Amy
08-29-2004, 06:36 PM
on behalf of pep boys.. :finger:

j/p. We carry some edelbrock stuff if i remember correctly (i try to just be out in the shop and have no part of the store/merchandise). I'll ask tomorrow if we can order it though.

Amy
08-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Actually, I'll still ask, but it's probably gonna be cheaper at Advanced Auto. I usually go through them for anything I need. Even though I work at Peps and used to work at Strauss. :D

jims69camaro
08-29-2004, 08:32 PM
all i had to do was ask...

and, al, i would think if your shop had to rebuild a carburetor you'd have to order it from somewhere... that's the only reason i asked.

NOT BECAUSE I THOUGHT THIS LOOKED LIKE A PEP BOYS. 'cause it obviously doesn't. i can buy wheels and tires but no carb rebuild kit. wonderful place, sears. :roll: :wink:

and, thanks, amy. at least there are still some helpful people around. ;)

BigAls87Z28
08-30-2004, 12:23 AM
hehehe, yeah wish we did more things at Sears. I have to turn a lot of pepole away to pep boys and strauss.

Oh Amy, my old asst manager at Sears is now one of the service managers at the Ocean store.

Amy
08-30-2004, 01:28 AM
No ****! My old service manager is the one who left the ocean store hanging. They were gonna send me there for a few days.

jims69camaro
08-30-2004, 08:45 AM
No ****! My old service manager is the one who left the ocean store hanging. They were gonna send me there for a few days.

my condolences. i'll send flowers. :D:lol::D

jims69camaro
08-30-2004, 04:08 PM
hey, amy, what was the result?

i sent to the carb shop for pricing, and i will be checking the local NAPA and Conway tomorrow morning. it at all possible, i'd like to get this kit and have the rebuild done by this weekend. thanks.

Amy
08-30-2004, 08:34 PM
As far as I saw we only carry the edelbrock rebuild kits. I'll double check tomorrow though. We were swamped tonight.. I did like $4,111 in labor alone.. almost 8k total for the service dept. I better get a purple heart for all that hard work tomorrow. :shock: